PDA

View Full Version : Front Speakers went out

HB Evo Owner
08-01-2008, 07:08 PM
I have a question cuz I'm not much an audio guy...

But the guys that did my audio setup in my car told me to turn down my speakers before turning off the car because of the amp and component speakers.

I already knew that but at the shop when they got installed I turned it off and it popped and hes like oh its okay just turn off the head unit before you turn off the car.

So its been like that for like 4 months or so and then randomly the other day my front speakers dont work anymore.

I had JL Components in the front and I'm gonna be mad if they ruined my speakers.

I never bump my music or blare it so I know I didnt blow them out. Noticed it sounded weird because I didnt hear anything from the front really.

So I switched the volume output from F/R from 0.... to Front 10. And I could barely hear it and when I turned up the volume it sounded distorted and volume was low still.

Can I take it back to them and say look, you told me to turn it off and turn it down and I did both and it still popped and now my speakers are gone>

Wouldn't that be their fault for not wiring the amp right to turn off before the headunit went off? Which is why the speakers popped?

mitsuEVO8kid
08-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Why would you have to turn down the speakers/turn off the radio before shutting the car off?

Every amplifier has a remote wire which is hooked up to the headunit, and that remote wire tells the amp to turn off whenever the headunit is turned off (accessory power). If they didnt hook it up, the amplifier would drain the crap out of your battery and also possibly blow your speakers.

Two things : Remote wire is not hooked up right OR accessory wire power is not wire correctly with the harness.

Massimo Power
08-07-2008, 12:07 PM
seems like they did a crappy install job.....

you need to take it somewhere else...

Sr20kidD
08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
yup they totally screwed your install!!

have them reimburse you or exhange them, the popping should never happen

silvrEVOIXn818
08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
yup they totally screwed your install!!

have them reimburse you or exhange them, the popping should never happen

I have to agree on that 1, they messed up the install. Unfortuneately dont think your gonna be able to get a re-fund... And do you really want them fuk up somethin else... Either they dont know their ass, from their elbow, or they made a mistake, and were too lazy to fix it! I would take it to a reputable shop, and re-wire everything!!! If your in the northridge area hit me up, and I'll set you up w/ a shop I can vouch for. They have done all six of my systems, and never had a prob. And if by chance, there was, he fixs for free!

CASH$ MONEY
08-07-2008, 01:52 PM
they shouldn't do that... take it back to whoever did the install.