PDA

View Full Version : Can someone come help me with this aem intake install???

Massappeal
08-02-2008, 12:42 PM
I Installed AEM intake now I'm stuck with some extra hoses that need to go somewere and I'm not to sure how it goes! maybe I should just had it installed professionally, but i usually have no problems installing a intake in my other cars. So its pretty much all put together just a few hoses/vacuum lines I'm confused on. So i will pay for your gas to come out here and buy you a 6 pack or give you 20 bucks if you can come make my baby run again :D
I'm in huntington beach thanks O0

EvilAWD10
08-02-2008, 12:45 PM
one of the hoses connects from the valve cover onto the intake.
the other connects from the factory boost controller.

shouldnt be to hard, im pretty sure thats it on the intake.

Massappeal
08-02-2008, 12:58 PM
well I have extra hoses and 3 are not connected and theres 2 that are supposed to plug into the hoses so theres 1 with nothing? Im sure its a easy thing that I am being dumb about! so roll over and show me how its done and make a few lil extra side bucks! O0 or a LRg tee shirt fresh in the bag pending what size! O0

EvilAWD10
08-02-2008, 01:13 PM
im not sure how you disconnected that many wires. you have a stock boost controller right under the intake box. you might of disconnected the boost controller that connects to the wastegate and j-pipe off the turbo. theirs usually only two hoses on the intake. one that connects to the boost controller and the other to the valve cover in the front. plus you have the big hose where the blow off valve connects to the intake.

EvilAWD10
08-02-2008, 01:14 PM
LRG ohhh im a smedium or a Xtra small ;)

send me a pic on my phone i'll guide you through it 760 574-8877

Mike W
08-02-2008, 03:27 PM
It didnt come with instructions? They normally come with pictures and stuff.

The plastic adapter thingies go into the rubber intake tube gizmo. The two fatty hose pair connect to the plastic adapter thingies.

The two barbed metal connectors go into the end of the pair of the two fatty hoses. Then the pair of tiny hoses plug into the smaller side of the metal connectors.

Now you take off the Y connector hoses on the rear two nipples of the stock boost solenoids. The ones that had connected to the stock turbo intake.

So then the pair of hoses you just built go to the nipples of the stock boost control solenid.

Where did you get it? Why wont the AEM dealer help you? Was there no instructions or they were just cornfusing?

They do include one longer hose for the BOV but it is the wrong diameter and too short. They are fixing that with the next round of packaging.

Mike W

Massappeal
08-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Hey mike I got the AEM intake from you. It did come with instructions. I just am confused where I have 3 hoses and only 2 to plug in :uglystupid2:
but i did take pictures so maybe i can email someone what I am talking about!

O and you gave me the hose thats bigger for the BOV! GOOD looks! RRE O0
I think I might get what your saying now Ill have to go give it a try and see.

Enjoitk
08-02-2008, 11:59 PM
if you still need help i live in huntington as well and i just installed my aem intake. its kinda tricky cause the instructions suck but its really not that hard

Massappeal
08-03-2008, 10:13 AM
if you still need help i live in huntington as well and i just installed my aem intake. its kinda tricky cause the instructions suck but its really not that hard

yes if you can come over and show me? I know its probly really simple i just dont want to plug the wrong hose somewere it does not go! I live off beach and atlanta if you wanna cqall me i sent you a message! thx

S2myEVO
08-03-2008, 10:18 AM
id help you if i wasnt planning on going to the x games rally

Massappeal
08-03-2008, 10:21 AM
id help you if i wasnt planning on going to the x games rally

maybe if no one helps today. you can help tomorrow! hahahaha have fun at x games will be good times!
I feel pathetic I've installed a turbo, fuel pumps, FMIC on my sube, intakes, TBE etc. and i cant figure this out. shoot me already

r0me0ne
08-03-2008, 10:25 AM
http://www.sromagazine.com/home.php?op=go&id=924

your WELCOME!!!!

Massappeal
08-03-2008, 10:36 AM

your WELCOME!!!!

The evo X is different then the evo 8 but thanks for the help!

thrshr01
08-03-2008, 11:48 AM
http://www.aempower.com/images/products/Installation%20Instructions%2021-678.pdf

The pictures in these instructions might help better since it's in color and you can zoom in and out. I'd love to come over and help but I'm all the way in Rancho Cucamonga. Hope this helps a bit.

Enjoitk
08-03-2008, 12:01 PM
the pictures in the instructions show like 20 wires/hoses... it says take 2 of them and remove. i wish they were a little specific or circled which ones, so you have to use a little common sense to which you pull out.

Massappeal
08-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Great news! figured it out! I had one hose unplugged that shouldnt have been (Duh)Now everything is working fine!!!!
Intake sounds slightly louder then stock (probly like a drop-in) my butt dyno does not tell me much! It usually does not unless we are talking 30whp plus :grin:

THANKS Everyone for the help!!! O0

thrshr01
08-03-2008, 06:56 PM
my aem should be coming either this week or next, I'm gonna run it with and without the cover and see if there's any kind of a difference.

Massappeal
08-03-2008, 09:45 PM
my aem should be coming either this week or next, I'm gonna run it with and without the cover and see if there's any kind of a difference.

I was very curious to this as well! or even cutting half the lid off! let me know how it runs without the cover and if it is more audible! maybe ill just try it tomorrow! :2funny:

r0me0ne
08-11-2008, 09:11 PM

your WELCOME!!!!

didnt know you had an X...you didnt say what you had...

Massappeal
08-12-2008, 10:26 AM

your WELCOME!!!!

This is the Evo X how to forum so I did'nt know I had to? but thx for the help anyways!!

fastkevin
09-22-2008, 01:34 AM

your WELCOME!!!!

This is the Evo X how to forum so I did'nt know I had to? but thx for the help anyways!!

Ooooooooooooooooooooo....
Smash!

demetry14
11-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Removed.