PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Ralliart @ tuning tech - Pics

Nick@TT
08-09-2008, 10:39 AM
We were lucky enough to get the chance to check out the production version of the 2009 Lancer Ralliart yesterday and I wanted to share some pics with the community!

This one came in the Rotor Glow Metallic color, and I have to say it looks good. Its hard to tell in the pictures but I think this orange is different from most other metallic orange colors, and Mitsubishi pulled it off well. This Ralliart also came with the Recaro package, which adds the Evo X Recaro seats, Rockford Fosgate sounds system with Sirius satellite radio, and HID headlights.

The styling differences on the exterior are apparent, the car looks good, and sets itself apart from both the base Lancer and the Evo.

The engine bay was very interesting. At first glance it looks almost identical to the Evo X, but we quickly noticed many differences. I think the most apparent was the battery, and the black plastic blow off valve, as well as the now single piece upper intercooler pipe.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/TuningTechnologies/P1050873.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/TuningTechnologies/P1050876-1.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/TuningTechnologies/P1050870.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/TuningTechnologies/P1050877.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/TuningTechnologies/P1050883.jpg

Have no fear soon to be Ralliart owners! We are fast at work to learn the ins and outs of the new Ralliart, and we are very excited to see what these will do with a few bolt ons and an Alfred tune!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/TuningTechnologies/P1050890.jpg

D7
08-09-2008, 11:39 AM
I wonder, is the limit on this SST flywheel 300wtq as rumored with the X MR? Or is it less? More?

.....any input?

o-townFLA
08-09-2008, 11:51 AM
This is the RobiSpec'd ralliart right...? so what was the outcome with the tune...?

DTunedEvoX
08-09-2008, 07:58 PM
*drool* I like the color ...

vial8or
08-09-2008, 08:09 PM
mehh

hellgunner
08-09-2008, 08:12 PM
mehh

i agree

1WkdEvo
08-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Until it beats you

CASH$ MONEY
08-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Until it beats you

owned, hahah

vial8or
08-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Until it beats you

lol.....with a 35r on race gas maybe???

D7
08-10-2008, 11:08 AM
I wonder, is the limit on this SST flywheel 300wtq as rumored with the X MR? Or is it less? More?

.....any input?

hellgunner
08-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Until it beats you

and then they woke up! hahahaha

1WkdEvo
08-10-2008, 12:06 PM
I GUARANTEE one of these guys with an FP, thinking that they are all the Rage will get walked by a Ralliart with a slightly larger turbo and a tune.Â* It will happen, it will happen soon, and it will make me LMFAO. Take a look at the specs of the Ralliart engine and compare to the specs of the X engine and you will that there is really only 1 major, very easy to change, difference

vial8or
08-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Haha....so what you get paid to push the ralliart (with which all you are doing is speculation)?

Ill believe it when I see it

Terenus
08-10-2008, 12:23 PM
So is the ralliart just a detuned Evo? Same 4B11? Smaller turbo?

1WkdEvo
08-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Haha....so what you get paid to push the ralliart (with which all you are doing is speculation)?

No, I couldn't care less about the Ralliart, but it's funny to watch people talk trash out their a$$ :-)

Yes sir

vortech_g35
08-10-2008, 01:42 PM

No, I couldn't care less about the Ralliart, but it's funny to watch people talk trash out their a$$ :-)

Yes sir

I'll beat you both. Well not anymore, but I could have whores!

It's pretty nice in my opinion.

skylinefolife
08-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Those tail lights are nasty! Everything else looks great :)

Has the official msrp been released?

vial8or
08-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Lmao...cops always makin ish up haha

All I said was "meh" haha

Silly boyz

Skiracer
08-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Any baseline dyno #'s??

vial8or
08-10-2008, 02:24 PM
^
+1

Good idea

1WkdEvo
08-10-2008, 02:51 PM

Yes sir

I'll beat you both. Well not anymore, but I could have whores!

It's pretty nice in my opinion.

That's too bad. What happened to the "project" you were working on?

Alfred@TTech
08-13-2008, 09:41 AM
The Ralliart made another trip to the shop yesterday and thanx to EcuTEK we successfully retrieved the ECU ROM. I will update as news rolls in. :mitsu:

Alfred

j_nizzle
08-13-2008, 09:45 AM
I GUARANTEE one of these guys with an FP, thinking that they are all the Rage will get walked by a Ralliart with a slightly larger turbo and a tune. It will happen, it will happen soon, and it will make me LMFAO. Take a look at the specs of the Ralliart engine and compare to the specs of the X engine and you will that there is really only 1 major, very easy to change, difference

yeah, the engines are basically the same...but there is also one major thing holding the ralliart back in terms of speed/acceleration/beating normal evos...it's tranny!

1WkdEvo
08-13-2008, 09:48 AM
The MR has the same issues though

speedform
08-13-2008, 10:06 AM
I GUARANTEE one of these guys with an FP, thinking that they are all the Rage will get walked by a Ralliart with a slightly larger turbo and a tune. It will happen, it will happen soon, and it will make me LMFAO. Take a look at the specs of the Ralliart engine and compare to the specs of the X engine and you will that there is really only 1 major, very easy to change, difference

yeah, the engines are basically the same...but there is also one major thing holding the ralliart back in terms of speed/acceleration/beating normal evos...it's tranny!

The Ralliart made another trip to the shop yesterday and thanx to EcuTEK we successfully retrieved the ECU ROM. I will update as news rolls in. :mitsu:

Alfred

Great news Alfred!
Personally I'd like to see this car hit a nice round 250whp. Nothing too extreme that the TSST can't handle and spend the rest of my winnings on some suspension and brake upgrades.

ev0ninerr
08-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Turbo difference: Single-scroll on the RalliArt and Twin on the Evo X I believe. Someone care to confirm? I'm waiting to see the results from this thing, verrry interesting.

ryu8200
08-13-2008, 02:01 PM
I got to drive the new Ralliart for a couple of days. The car has much better low-end power vs my evo IX. This must because of the smaller turbo & dual Mivec but did feel a little flat in the upper rpm's.

What I had to get used to the fact that I had to choose to downshift instead of the tranny kicking down a gear (IE freeway passing) But this was a good thing when driving the car through the twisty stuff.

The handling out of the box was very impressive. I tried to induce understeer by flooring it when making a right hand turn from a stop but it just took it like a champ.

All in all I would have to say this is a great "bang for the buck" kind of car (turbo and brakes and you almost have an evo).

Just hope Mitsubishi will listen when I told them they should also offer a 5 speed option.

skylinefolife
08-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Just hope Mitsubishi will listen when I told them they should also offer a 5 speed option.

LOL why would they listen to you?

DTunedEvoX
08-13-2008, 02:30 PM
I really hope the drop the price .. esp with the new wrx pumping out 260hp lol

ryu8200
08-13-2008, 02:53 PM

Cause I'm the juggernaut bitch j/k

Let just say I know people that know people ha ha

speedform
08-13-2008, 02:54 PM

Pricing was just announced 2 weeks ago so I wouldn't count on a price drop unless your dealer offers one.

speedform
08-13-2008, 02:59 PM

A lot of us know people that know people. The MMNA project staff want a manual just a bad as U do and it's been studied to death for 2 years from every angle.

skylinefolife
08-13-2008, 07:28 PM

i think the new wrx is going to be better. not every1 wants this new automatic transmission. i think the wrx will beat the ralliart in everyday driving scenarios. im not saying at the track so dont even bring that up...

ryu8200
08-14-2008, 08:08 AM

A lot of us know people that know people. The MMNA project staff want a manual just a bad as U do and it's been studied to death for 2 years from every angle.

If Mitsubishi would have taken Audi out of their demographics they would have seen that the market share was strongly towards the 5 speed. But I'm not here to start a pissing contest. Just hope Mitsubishi did not limit their market by not offering a 5 speed as we all know Mitsubishi needs as many sale as they can get right now.

speedform
08-14-2008, 08:58 AM

i think the new wrx is going to be better. not every1 wants this new automatic transmission. i think the wrx will beat the ralliart in everyday driving scenarios. im not saying at the track so dont even bring that up...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by everyday driving scenario's? If your daily slog to work includes stop light to stop light drags with a new, as yet unreleased 2009 WRX, then your right, the Ralliart will probably loose.

skylinefolife
08-14-2008, 11:24 AM
^yeah, i mean just as a daily commuter car...

no way in hell the automatic is going to have better launches than the manual transmission. the wrx will hopefully be lighter than the ralliart with almost as much power.

speedform
08-14-2008, 01:17 PM
^^^Hmm...I think this is the first time I've heard someone defend a manual as being better then an automatic in stop and go traffic? I'll let you know my left leg does not agree with you. ;)

DTunedEvoX
08-14-2008, 03:06 PM
lol ... I'm sure one of the mags will do a review on them and people from evoM heh

skylinefolife
08-14-2008, 08:02 PM
^^^Hmm...I think this is the first time I've heard someone defend a manual as being better then an automatic in stop and go traffic? I'll let you know my left leg does not agree with you. ;)

a manual is better. i have no problem driving a manual transmission... im used to it (like most people)

:D

but not everyone lives in LA or other heavy traffic areas.

DSMspyder99
08-15-2008, 11:00 AM
The person who asked what is the difference in the power department. They are the following:

Single Scroll Turbo
Smaller FMIC
Less Agressive Cams
RA specific Intake

airforce1
08-15-2008, 04:12 PM
would love to hear about the dyno results.

canyonkid
08-16-2008, 02:29 PM
so are these awd?

j_nizzle
08-16-2008, 02:40 PM
so are these awd?

yes

1WkdEvo
08-16-2008, 03:04 PM
The person who asked what is the difference in the power department. They are the following:

Single Scroll Turbo - Most will swap turbos anyway
Smaller FMIC - Most will swap FMIC anyway
Less Agressive Cams - Soon able to swap
RA specific Intake - Most will swap anyway

And this is why you will see some unsuspecting VIII/IX/X owners get walked. So easy to make this the same as a modded X.

skylinefolife
08-16-2008, 03:37 PM
^Lets wait and see how many of these ralliart owners will actually follow that path.

evofett
08-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Any numbers yet?

vial8or
08-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Any numbers yet?

+1

skylinefolife
08-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Im very curious as to what Mitsubishi will do next. The new WRX might spank the Evo X in the 1/4. And this Ralliart will for sure get an ass whooping.

Is Mitsubishi going to bump up the HP on the Evo? All I know is that the new WRX is supposed to get around a 30hp bump, so I assume the STI will also get a bump to keep the gap between both cars "reasonable".

CASH$ MONEY
08-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Any numbers yet?

+1

190 whp, 200 tq

EVO Neil
08-22-2008, 01:26 PM

It's NOT an automatic transmission, it's an automated manual, technically. I know I'm just being picky, but I don't want people thinking this is some kind of automatic when it has no torque converter...

CASH$ MONEY
08-22-2008, 01:33 PM
sooo its not a automatic... its manual?

EVO Neil
08-22-2008, 01:50 PM

It's the same transmission that is in the Evo MR, with different programming parameters. Basically no Super Sport mode. But yes, just like the SST transmission in the MR it is NOT an automatic transmission. It is an automated manual. Basically a manual transmission with an electronically controlled clutch and no actual clutch pedal. You either shift it with the paddles or the shifter assembly, but no clutch pedal to push. Think Formula 1... It's the transmission that will be the end of the automatic. It's used in the Bugatti Veyron and the '09 Porsche 911's, various Audi's with more makes and models to come. Don't bag on it until you've tried it.

CASH$ MONEY
08-22-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm pretty sure the transmission on the Bugatti alone costs 10 times more than this car alone...... O0

skylinefolife
08-22-2008, 02:05 PM

It's the same transmission that is in the Evo MR, with different programming parameters. Basically no Super Sport mode. But yes, just like the SST transmission in the MR it is NOT an automatic transmission. It is an automated manual. Basically a manual transmission with an electronically controlled clutch and no actual clutch pedal. You either shift it with the paddles or the shifter assembly, but no clutch pedal to push. Think Formula 1... It's the transmission that will be the end of the automatic. It's used in the Bugatti Veyron and the '09 Porsche 911's, various Audi's with more makes and models to come. Don't bag on it until you've tried it.

If it has a letter "D" that indicates DRIVE, then its an automatic. I do know what you mean by saying that its semi-automatic, but it has no physical clutch that you use in a TRADITIONAL manual transmission..

Lets, see, Im going to put it in sports mode. :2funny:
*Revs rpms and takes off. Oh no!111!!! Im going to hit redline soon! Where is the clutch!? WTF! Oh yeah, its an automatic. Duh!
A light flick at the shift paddle and boom! 2nd gear.*

It's an automatic transmission. I mean semi-automatice/manual transmission :-P

EVO Neil
08-22-2008, 02:10 PM

If it has a letter "D" that indicates DRIVE, then its an automatic. I do know what you mean by saying that its semi-automatic, but it has no physical clutch that you use in a TRADITIONAL manual transmission..

Lets, see, Im going to put it in sports mode.
*Revs rpms and takes off. Oh no!111!!! Im going to hit redline soon!* Where is the clutch!? WTF! Oh yeah, its an automatic. Duh!

Okay, let me explain this better. If it has a torque converter it's an automatic. If it has a clutch or two with or without a clutch pedal, it's a manual. This car has a manual...period. So what you are saying is that the manual tranmissions in the Formula 1 cars are automatic because they don't have a clutch pedal, but do have a clutch. You are a confused individual. Next time we play Forza remind me to punt you off the track... :2funny:

skylinefolife
08-22-2008, 02:24 PM
LOL

I just don't like when they are called manual transmissions. I know exactly what you are talking about, i've driven my old boss's sl65 which has a similar transmission. Its the transmission of the future, yadda yadda :D

I was reading some shit on wiki some mins ago and yeah, its the new manual :(

Hopefully it doesn't phase out traditional manual transmissions, ya digg? :-p

Hey, btw when the hell is any1 going to get on XBLIVE?

kimletrim
08-22-2008, 02:27 PM
There is a difference. WOuld it help if we called it a manual without a clutch?

skylinefolife
08-22-2008, 02:28 PM
How about, "FLAPPY PADDLE GEARBOX" lol

ty Jeremy Clarkson :D

gsrIXevo
08-22-2008, 02:49 PM
wait the battery is in the front on this car... it has a few things i am starting to like....

CASH$ MONEY
08-22-2008, 03:42 PM

Lets, see, Im going to put it in sports mode.
*Revs rpms and takes off. Oh no!111!!! Im going to hit redline soon!* Where is the clutch!? WTF! Oh yeah, its an automatic. Duh!

Okay, let me explain this better. If it has a torque converter it's an automatic. If it has a clutch or two with or without a clutch pedal, it's a manual. This car has a manual...period. So what you are saying is that the manual tranmissions in the Formula 1 cars are automatic because they don't have a clutch pedal, but do have a clutch. You are a confused individual. Next time we play Forza remind me to punt you off the track... :2funny:

seems like you like these cars alot, any chance getting one in the future?

EVO Neil
08-22-2008, 04:12 PM
^^ No, I just hate wrong information being posted up and then everyone starts to believe what they read as true, so if it's something I know about I share the information. Back when I was at Motor Trend we had a long discussion on what we would call these types of transmissions and automated manuals was it. It really does capture the true nature of the beast.

They have pros and cons like everything.

CASH$ MONEY
08-22-2008, 04:16 PM
cool, thanks for the correct information!

vial8or
08-22-2008, 04:26 PM
cons being it "feels" like a manual

....and is gay :D

CASH$ MONEY
08-22-2008, 04:28 PM
hands down... evo ix is the best evo mitsu ever came out with.....

vial8or
08-22-2008, 04:34 PM

ehh, I personally think so, but only in Japan. The JDM IX > USDM IX

maybe the TME evo too, shit was raw

EVO Neil
08-22-2008, 04:45 PM

So you've driven a vehicle with one? Please share why it's gay?

vial8or
08-22-2008, 04:48 PM

So you've driven a vehicle with one? Please share why it's gay?

Ya, I have.
Don't know if it's EXACTLY the same, but I'll share
1st was a 360 Modena Ferrari
My uncle rented one for a friends bday, and I got to mess with it. My friends V-dub as well
and one of the 1st mr's to be sold at SCM as well, it was easy as everyone says, no arguing
but honestly, after the 1st 10min or so, u start wishing u had a gearbox in your hand. It just feels much more like a race car when going fast, and more engaged with the car too

Besides, I kept accidentally putting my foot where the clutch should be haha

maikumaru
08-22-2008, 05:11 PM

ehh, I personally think so, but only in Japan. The JDM IX > USDM IX

maybe the TME evo too, shit was raw

bumper, AYC, and right hand drive is the only main differences I can think of

if you go aftermarket with ACD...usually AYC is turned off
Bumper...500 gets you a new one...

RHD is not practical here.

and why all of this complaining about a transmission that is similar to what is used in WRC and F1...everyone have a problem with progress?
it has been shown over and over that the MR compares very well to much higher priced cars on the twistys...where the evo belongs.

vial8or
08-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Ok, y all comparng to fuckin f1 cars and shit?
Can it handle a shitload of HP?
Isn't everyone afraid to break 400whp on these MRs?
Untill it can do like 700hp, than u can compare it to lambos and shit

And no one is complainin with progress, its cool. But takin out a gearbox and clutch takes out an element of drivin stick and bein a good driver.
Not everyone can drive stick, lt alone well. Anyone can leave the paddles in drive, or flip them in manual.

And f1 cars need every milisecond to win, the average joe doesn't to go to work/school/have fun

1WkdEvo
08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
I hate to agree with Josh, but wtf ;-)

It may be better, it may allow faster lap times, it may be easier, but for some people, me being one of them, its about feel. Â*I will happily give up a few tenths if I can feel the rawness of the car. Â*For a DD, maybe, but for pure fun, sorry. It also removes the driver error part from racing to a large degree. Â*Being able to beat someone at the drags often comes down to the each persons ability to shift at the right time and properly. Â*This eliminates that and removes much of the thrill from racing...on the track of course

vial8or
08-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Wtf? U didn't insult me/go OT/disagree/make fun of my clothes?

Haha....somethin aint right lol

But ya, glad im no the only one
:D

EVO Neil
08-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Isn't everyone afraid to break 400whp on these MRs?
Untill it can do like 700hp, than u can compare it to lambos and shit

And no one is complainin with progress, its cool. But takin out a gearbox and clutch takes out an element of drivin stick and bein a good driver.
Not everyone can drive stick, lt alone well. Anyone can leave the paddles in drive, or flip them in manual.

And f1 cars need every milisecond to win, the average joe doesn't to go to work/school/have fun

The same type of transmission in the Bugatti Veyron can handle 1001 horsepower and Porsche is now going to offer a similar transmission in the turbos for 2009, so it can handle the power. It just depends on a cost versus horsepower and reliability factor that the manufacturer specs out. No one really knows how much power the one in the Evo X MR can handle yet.

vial8or
08-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Idk, im on evom a lot too. Still haven't seen any MR's breakin 600whp or anythin crazy

Ur sayin the MR trans can handle 1001hp?

Besides, ur addressin the part no one cares about, even if it super stable/reliable, what about the part that 1wkevo and I agree on?

I mean I understand u are mitsu guys and aren't gonna talk anythin bad about it, but at least see it from that our angle

EVO Neil
08-22-2008, 06:22 PM
^^ I continue to address incorrectly stated facts, not opinions. You are entitled to your opinion just as I am but the facts are the facts and where I have either the experience or the knowledge I share with you guys and gals. I've driven Bugatti Veyrons (yes, they brought us two)and spent a year driving an Audi A3 with a 2.0-liter turbo with a DSG transmission, so I speak from experience with those two products. I haven't spent time with the new Mitsu, but am heading to Washington in two weeks for the Ralliart product launch and will drive one then.

I support Mitsubishi's decision to put it into their product, and have driven the new X with the 5-speed and taken an MR around the block, but both of my Evos are old-school manual transmissions, a 6-speed and a 5-speed. The question is what would I support with my hard earned money if I was buying a new Evo X? That's the question and I can't answer that...yet. Not until I get more seat time.

1WkdEvo
08-22-2008, 06:30 PM
I think it just comes down to personal preference and application. I wouldn't mind having one for a DD and an occassional track day, but Ill never lose the love for my manual transmission when I just want a pure driving experience. Having both would be better than having one manual and one full auto.

vial8or
08-22-2008, 06:30 PM
? what incorrect stated facts?

I just said that no one has tested the Evo MR trans power wise.

and +1 to my arch nemesis haha

1WkdEvo
08-22-2008, 06:31 PM
I believe that you said that he said the MR tranny could handle 1000 hp, when in fact he didnt say that.Â* He said he didn't know how much the MR could handle...Mr nemesis sir :-P

vial8or
08-22-2008, 06:38 PM

The same type of transmission in the Bugatti Veyron can handle 1001 horsepower and Porsche is now going to offer a similar transmission in the turbos for 2009, so it can handle the power.

ehh....it's 50/50
You're implying it can, but also say we don't know yet.

EVO Neil
08-22-2008, 06:53 PM

The same type of transmission in the Bugatti Veyron can handle 1001 horsepower and Porsche is now going to offer a similar transmission in the turbos for 2009, so it can handle the power.

ehh....it's 50/50
You're implying it can, but also say we don't know yet.

No, I wasn't implying that. I was stating that the same type of transmission in the Bugatti can handle 1001 horsepower so it can be made to handle that much as it's a proven fact. I don't know how much power Mitsubishi designed theirs to handle. My point was no one does, time will tell.

Everyone keeps saying 400 is the magic number but we just don't know yet. But yes, to make a general statement that the transmission is weak is wrong! Or that it's weaker than the 5-speed is also a wrong assumption. I don't like how the new 5-speed in the X revs some 300 rpms higher on the freeway than the VIII's and IX's or that they are rated for a lot less mpgs than the older versions. I've bagged several tanks of 26 mpg on long trips before. It's a factor of final drive ratio and transmission gearing used to offset the additional 300 pounds but it is one area where I wasn't thrilled with the new X. I'm not sure the MR trans is any better in that respect since I don't have that experience.

vial8or
08-22-2008, 07:07 PM
So basically you're saying it's all garbage and IX FTMFW??

Cool, thanks for clarifying!

:D haha just messin, thx for the info

EVO Neil
08-22-2008, 07:30 PM

Yes, I do like my CT9A's. I still love my VIII MR and my other Evo has AYC and anti-lag that some say isn't anti-lag. But that doesn't mean the new Evo or Ralliart's are bad as some of you say. I just prefer the rawness of the older versions.

xxxAce21xxx
08-22-2008, 07:35 PM

thats exactly what hes saying Â*he said Evo IX Â*Owns Life Period ! lol

CASH$ MONEY
08-22-2008, 07:44 PM

thats exactly what hes saying he said Evo IX Owns Life Period ! lol

its just a car....

xxxAce21xxx
08-22-2008, 07:59 PM

thats exactly what hes saying he said Evo IX Owns Life Period ! lol

its just a car....

never said it wasnt its called a joke wich is why i followed what i said by an LOL !!!!

skylinefolife
08-22-2008, 08:49 PM

It may be better, it may allow faster lap times, it may be easier, but for some people, me being one of them, its about feel. I will happily give up a few tenths if I can feel the rawness of the car. For a DD, maybe, but for pure fun, sorry. It also removes the driver error part from racing to a large degree. Being able to beat someone at the drags often comes down to the each persons ability to shift at the right time and properly. This eliminates that and removes much of the thrill from racing...on the track of course

Well said. That's what I love about having a manual transmission. These new "flappy paddle gear boxes" are for the advantage of being quicker, not being fun. Of course the car is still a fun drive, but it won't have that same feel you have. I'm talking about that weird rush of panic you encounter that reminds you to shift instinctively, look at your speed, calculate so many things and doing all of this while in a competition. It's just so exhilarating and now, to me; its gone :'(

1WkdEvo
08-22-2008, 09:15 PM

It may be better, it may allow faster lap times, it may be easier, but for some people, me being one of them, its about feel. I will happily give up a few tenths if I can feel the rawness of the car. For a DD, maybe, but for pure fun, sorry. It also removes the driver error part from racing to a large degree. Being able to beat someone at the drags often comes down to the each persons ability to shift at the right time and properly. This eliminates that and removes much of the thrill from racing...on the track of course

Well said. That's what I love about having a manual transmission. These new "flappy paddle gear boxes" are for the advantage of being quicker, not being fun. Of course the car is still a fun drive, but it won't have that same feel you have. I'm talking about that weird rush of panic you encounter that reminds you to shift instinctively, look at your speed, calculate so many things and doing all of this while in a competition. It's just so exhilarating and now, to me; its gone :'(

Amen brutha!!!

xxxAce21xxx
08-22-2008, 10:12 PM

Seriosley he totally nailed it i agree whole wholeheartedly +43794976762365762

skylinefolife
08-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Driving really is a passion lol

It came from the heart :smitten:

sneakerhi
09-25-2008, 02:09 PM
i feel like a dumbass...
i got the gts cause i didnt think they were goign to drop a new ralliart... :'(
ohh well

anyone know the est pricing?

EVO Neil
09-25-2008, 03:54 PM
i feel like a dumbass...
ohh well

The new Ralliart is base priced at $26,490, whereas the Evolution GSR starts at $32,990.

1WkdEvo
09-25-2008, 09:05 PM
And the New WRX that in a recent test beat the Ralliart in every performance category has an even lower MSRP :(

vial8or
09-25-2008, 11:12 PM
i feel like a dumbass...
ohh well

The new Ralliart is base priced at $26,490, whereas the Evolution GSR starts at $32,990.

not at southcoast. GSR starts like 3G's above the evo

EVO Neil
09-26-2008, 09:20 AM
i feel like a dumbass...
ohh well

not at southcoast. GSR starts like 3G's above the evo

Come on now, don't be stupid, I am comparing MSRP to MSRP to show how the two compare, price wise.

vial8or
09-26-2008, 10:42 AM
^^lol you should go by SCM prices since we all live in socal (most of us) and all should buy from there anyways.

EVO Neil
09-26-2008, 10:48 AM
While I can agree with you on buying from South Coast, we just don't know how Abbas will price the Ralliart when it arrives.

vial8or
09-26-2008, 10:50 AM
from what Sam was saying in some posts, my guess is the GSR will go up in price a bit to widen the gap a bit between the ralliart.
Seems fair