PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Mike at RRE for tuning my X with ECUtek

antics22
08-12-2008, 12:08 PM
My car has always been a little "off" since I purchased it back in January (see my baseline).Â* I attribute its gremlins to perhaps, being one of the first ones sold on launch date.

Mike noticed that my X baselines significantly lower than other X's.Â* Â*I personally never really felt the difference since my car spends more time at the track, than on the dyno.

regardless, I finally decided to get Mike at RRE to ECUtek my X to get it dialed in, and sure enough, the same gremlins reared its ugly head.Â* Â*

Without a hiccup, Mike got crackin' and spent a good 8hrs (at least), trying to extract as much safe power as possible from it.Â* At one point, I even saw him eating dinner on the Dyno while he troubleshooted my X, (and for that I thank you Mike).Â* Instead of giving up, or "winging" it, he never gave up and kept at it.

We were not able to get the stock boost solenoids to play nice, so contrary to whats being done, Mike had no choice but to throw a MBC in there to stabalize the boost curves.

Below are my mods and this is the final results so far:
Dejon MBC
nisei upper/lower IC pipes
nisei intake pipe
ARC induction box
ETS 4" FMIC
Ultimate Racing down pipe
Ultimate Racing High Flow Cat
Custom Cat back exhaust (2 resonators)

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/15351/ecutek.jpg

AaronI1
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
damn, nice #'s Ant.Â* Finally got it tuned eh?Â* Im jealous of your mods.Â* Now, I need to ask the wifey to buy me a few more mods O0

Congrats

antics22
08-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks Aaron, I finally decided to get it tuned, but look at my baseline (green lines)... Power and torque was ALL OVER THE PLACE. Keep in mind this is with the 2nd factory reflash!

AaronI1
08-12-2008, 12:21 PM
yeah dude, the factory flashes were garbage, and I honestly dont think it did anything. When is the Nisei LICP going to be on sale to the mass? Im waiting on that piece, and I want a IC but undecided on what to go with. As of right now, im most likely going with Chris' custom intercooler that RRE put on his car. How do you like that ETS IC?

1WkdEvo
08-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah, that baseline is all over the place..ouch. Nice recovery though and great work on the tune

DC_TypeR
08-12-2008, 12:39 PM
GREAT numbers!

Keep it up man

-Chris

GokuSSJ4
08-12-2008, 12:39 PM
nice #s and congrats on the new set up O0 O0

AaronI1
08-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Chris, i want your IC. Â*BTW, thanks for those parts last week. Â*Please let me know about that front bumper piece. Â*If you dont need it, I really want to buy it off of you.

Aaron

CASH$ MONEY
08-12-2008, 12:49 PM
wow... those are some nice #'s for minimal mods...!

stealth_evo
08-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Very impressive numbers. Just goes to show the potential of this car with the right tune and tuner I guess. And with minimal mods too. Had to spend a lot for my VIII just get close to those numbers LOL.

nijikon5
08-12-2008, 01:07 PM
The scary thing is that Ant's car was pretty damn quick around the track with his low baseline numbers. I can't wait to see how he's going to do with his new tune!

Skiracer
08-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Wow, the new tune's curves are a lot smoother than the baseline curves which look pretty bumpy...

Terenus
08-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Baseline looks worse than LA roads.

antics22
08-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the comments guys,

that crappy baseline got me around streets of willow at 1:28 in both ccw and cw so I can't wait to hit SOW again with the new tune!

I'm not happy at all with why the baseline was like that in the first place, and I feel the car should/could be making more power with the tune.

Once Mike is done recooperating from the 8hr straight tune, I'll pick his brain on what the source of the problem might be with my baseline and take it from there....

I'd also like to ditch the MBC since that was more of a patchjob to get my boost to play nice.

05-EVO-GSR
08-12-2008, 06:16 PM
+1 for Mike W and his dedication towards EVO's.

seph09
08-12-2008, 09:23 PM
can't imagine taking that baseline-ECUTEK difference in the track!

pls give us a review after a track day w/ it!

sxe_davexxx
08-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Great improvement over baseline...

Time to improve those track times...

evoxkrazy
11-04-2008, 09:10 PM
very nice #'s sounds like i need to go to rre for my tune, how much do their tunes cost?

evobeaner
11-04-2008, 11:16 PM
No wonder i pulled you on the straits bro. Your car was very fast in the corners compared to my stock suspension though.
I predict at least a 1.5 second drop with your new power levels man. Hope to run again soon with you Ant. O0

Mike W
11-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Dyno and tuning prices are listed here:

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=67819.0

Mike W