PDA

View Full Version : Brembo Tech Q: Can they be Rebuilt?

ChrisF
08-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Guys:

Simple question: can Brembo's be rebuilt if either a) the seals are blown out and/or b) one of the pistons gets scratched? Asking for a friend who's not on the boards.

Much thanks

Mike W
08-14-2008, 12:39 PM
I cant imagine how one would mess up the bores or pistons. Seal kits are available from the dealer and are fairly simple to install.

We deal with Centric and they do rebuilding but they dont get into the painting them all cute. Your buddy would be best off replacing seals and then see how that helps first I think

Mike W

MRbaker
08-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey Mike, where is Centric located? My friend just tore a seal somehow on his caliper on an STI and needs to have it rebuilt. He already got the seals from the stealership but would like a professional to put them back on.

Thanks!

fastkevin
08-16-2008, 08:16 PM
I cant imagine how one would mess up the bores or pistons.

Seize the piston in the bore and then screwdriver it trying to get it out. We see it from time to time when dudes try to rebuild their bike that's been out to pasture for 10 years O0

Massimo Power
08-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I cant imagine how one would mess up the bores or pistons.

Seize the piston in the bore and then screwdriver it trying to get it out. We see it from time to time when dudes try to rebuild their bike that's been out to pasture for 10 years O0

lol

MRBaker if you dont mind getting a little dirty its actually not that hard to change the seals.. i have seen many write up online for them. the seals can be bought at the dealership. Just to help save you some money. but if not im sure Mike can help you out no problem...

MRbaker
08-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks Massimo, I'll let him know. He's pretty mechanically inclined but I think he wasn't sure with something that important and that he had no experience with yet. :mitsu: