PDA

View Full Version : CLUTCH PROBLEM MAYBE?

KrAzEPiNoY17
08-17-2008, 07:06 PM
so i have tracked my car twice... and i have an exedy stage one clutch and flywheel... now i have this problem... my clutch is not engaging where it use to...wen i floor my car it high revs then catches..... but its still driveable.. to engage in first gear i now push in the clutch like an inch or less for it to engage, same for shifting.. all i have to do is push it in a tiny bit and i can get into gear... And also before this happening i have heard a rattling nose under my car/engine area... culd that mean something is loose? it made that nose going into first and taking off slow... culd my clutch plate be loose? or is it my driveshaft? someone help me out and if someone noes of a place (just in case it is my clutch) of where i can get a new clutch installed for a reasonable price around the fullerton,anaheim,la habra, buena park, brea, whittier,west covina, and lapuente area let me noe... and what clutch should i go with? act? another exedy? let me noe

Massimo Power
08-17-2008, 07:19 PM
you can try adjusting it at the bottom from the rod that comes out of the master clutch cylinder but odds are you are going to need a new clutch...
The exedy stage one is not all that better than the stock clutch so odds are if you were rough to it it would be gone.. But i would try to adjust the pedal first before anything and just make sure you have the proper amount of fluid