PDA

View Full Version : ECUFlash Beta testing

nijikon5
08-18-2008, 07:01 AM
It has started

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=361825

blkside
08-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Im already on ECUtek... good luck on the ECUFlash...

05CBR
08-18-2008, 12:40 PM
EcuFlash= FREE!

Why Pay For EcuTek when you can get EcuFlash for FREE, lol

Nebolic
08-18-2008, 12:48 PM
EcuFlash= FREE!

still a lot of testing to be done for ecuflash.

nebo

05CBR
08-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes still alot of testing, but with the quality of people that are doing the testing ( mr. fred, tephra.....) it should be out in no time.

antics22
08-18-2008, 02:52 PM
"no time" is probably gonna be closer to 6-9 months I bet. I gave in and went with ecutek.

blkside
08-18-2008, 03:10 PM
EcuFlash= FREE!

How long have you been around? It was "no time" with the 8/9 Ecuflash also.. thats why they are still releasing updates. I will "pay" for quality and the fact that "bill the cable guy" isnt in his garage practicing. With that said my last car was ECUflash by scot gray but that was an 06 so thats 3 years of "no time" before I got mine done. I am comfortable having to spend a few hundred dollars here and there on a 40K car but thats just me. Theres nothing wrong with ECUflash and I was saying good luck to actually mean Good Luck... Im tuned... they are still waiting... nuff said...

G20
08-18-2008, 04:31 PM
but people will eventually switch to EcuFlash when it's out. It's much more convenient to open your own laptop to do some adjustment than to make appointment with an EcuTek person to do it. In fact, EcuFlash and EvoScan are the best things for the evos. You learn so much about the car by using them.

D7
08-18-2008, 04:37 PM

....because EcuFlash isn't out yet.

05CBR
08-18-2008, 04:52 PM
..........Hmmmmmmmmm, the best things in life come to those who wait!

D7
08-18-2008, 04:59 PM
..........Hmmmmmmmmm, the best things in life come to those who wait!

Not true. For example, what if I'm contemplating sex with a minor? If I wait too long she'll be legal and everything will be ruined.

nijikon5
08-18-2008, 09:12 PM
but people will eventually switch to EcuFlash when it's out. It's much more convenient to open your own laptop to do some adjustment than to make appointment with an EcuTek person to do it. In fact, EcuFlash and EvoScan are the best things for the evos. You learn so much about the car by using them.

Well said. EcuTek is a good product, tuning the ECU should be the priority for anyone with power mods on the X. My X is stock power wise because personally i'd like to see how the new 4B11T holds up. If EcuFlash is out by the time I decide to start modding, awesome. If EcuFlash isn't out, I will also go with EcuTek. It is true though, most people will switch to EcuFlash eventually, Mike W said that EcuTek has certain things locked and it's not as open as EcuFlash obviously.

This thread is about EcuFlash beta and the progress being made. It is not necessary to speculate on when it will be released or argue about being "cheap" and which product has more "quality".

Terenus
08-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Stay on topic.

05CBR
08-19-2008, 09:18 AM
EcuFlash= FREE!

How long have you been around? It was "no time" with the 8/9 Ecuflash also.. thats why they are still releasing updates. I will "pay" for quality and the fact that "bill the cable guy" isnt in his garage practicing. With that said my last car was ECUflash by scot gray but that was an 06 so thats 3 years of "no time" before I got mine done. I am comfortable having to spend a few hundred dollars here and there on a 40K car but thats just me. Theres nothing wrong with ECUflash and I was saying good luck to actually mean Good Luck... Im tuned... they are still waiting... nuff said...

How long have I been around, hmmmm long enough to be able to tune my own car with EcuFlash. Now, The X has been out for less than a year for us here in the US, and look how fast they are working on EcuFlash for it. Its not like the old days like you pointed out, yea it did take Mr. Fred and others a while to crack it for the 8/9, but thats not the case anymore, even with the new Canbus system. Not hating on EcuTek, but like somebody else mentioned, all its functions are not available and you have to pay and pay over and over again for a flash. Thats where EcuFlash shines over EcuTek. And I hope your not calling Mr. Fred and the others testing this out "bill the cable guy", cuz if you knew anything about tuning, which it seems you dont, we wouldnt have EcuFlash if it wasnt for them.

antics22
08-19-2008, 09:47 AM
I think everyone is in agreement that when ECUFlash comes out, it will be the program of choice to use to tune our cars.Â* Â* It just makes sense.Â* Â* Â*But there really is no point of discussing ECUtek vs. ECUflash at the moment because ECUflash is not even out yet.

Waiting for ecuflash may seem logical but with an unknown ETA, it does pose some setbacks for those that have reached their mod path and need the car tuned.Â* Â* I am a big fan of ECUflash and was very excited to see developments for it, but the lack of recent activity has led me to believe that it won't be out for a good 6 to 9 months at least!

Now for someone who trots around in their X from home to Ralphs to do grocery shopping, it may make sense for them to wait it out since an "untuned" car will not make or break their day.Â* Â*However, for people like myself who track regularly,Â* a tune is probably essential in making sure safe power is made.Â* Â*Sputtering down the straights is not fun either!

Since we are all speculating, lets try to keep this thread on topic so we can stay updated on the progress of ecuflash, and not fuel the ecutek vs ecuflash debacle.

Believe me, $750 is not easy to swallow when you know a good chunk of that money is going to a license... But you know what? I gave in, because I have no idea frankly when ECUflash will be released...

Alan@Reese Tuning
08-19-2008, 09:49 AM
A sign of good things to come :D

AaronI1
08-19-2008, 10:03 PM
ECUTek has worked wonders for me and others. Paying $750 was well worth it. A modded X, alone a stock X runs like shit without a tune. I do agree though, an ecuflash when its worked out should be pretty sweet.

srjohns
08-24-2008, 10:57 PM
I have a question regarding ECUtek... when one decides to start using ECUflash on an ECUtek'd car, will they encounter issues with a "locked" ECU? Point being is I don't want to go to ECUtek and spend the cash to have it tuned... AND locked. At some point I would like to switch over to ECUflash. I hope that makes sense, it was hard to put the words into a question that made sense..

Mike W
08-25-2008, 01:36 PM
I dont charge anything to flash one of my ECUTeK tuned cars back to stock if needed. If you get tuned with a tuner using the ECUTeK software, be sure your tuner wont charge for little 10 minute tweaks like raising the rev limit or flashing back to stock for some reason.

Mike W

srjohns
08-26-2008, 04:57 PM
I dont charge anything to flash one of my ECUTeK tuned cars back to stock if needed. If you get tuned with a tuner using the ECUTeK software, be sure your tuner wont charge for little 10 minute tweaks like raising the rev limit or flashing back to stock for some reason.

Mike W

Awesome thanks for the clarification Mike!