PDA

View Full Version : Quick Review of my Muellerized JICS

blkside
08-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Ok so after having my JICS on now for a while and getting a chance to "feel em out" I can honestly say that the feel and handling make this car consistent and very predictable. I have driven everything from 91 traafic to spirited drives through ortega canyon. This car now does whatever it is told to do. The limiting factor right nw are the tires. I am going to step up to a wider grippier tire here soon.

Being that the JICs are not the off the shelf run of the mills you have room to be set up to what suits you best. Working with John for a while on this I knew we were going to set mine up with it being more partial to track than street. The car sits perfectly with 0 rubbing and turns absolutely flat in the corners. With the X and all the computer assists the JICS stil allow you to "push" to where you want. Turn the ASC off and you can accelerate out without the power loss from the computers.

You can run your stock Tanabes,Bilsteins, or the overated KWs but this is where the stock line ends. The JICs that are worked to your preference will be day and night over stock JICs. I have driven a friends X with Box JICs and mine feel better and you feel more in control with the setup.

The car passed the "wife test" this evening also. She recently had a Csection and hasnt been in the car. She finally got her maiden voyage with her "injury" and all to the movies and not one compaint. It feels smooth enough that she didnt complain about it being like a honda on Stechs. And she complains quite often. Shhh dont tell her that.

If you would like to go for a spin feel free to hit me up and I will see what I can do...
If you want to hit a track or canyon or AutoX just make this your first mod and you will never regret it.

Well be hitting the track soon... feel free to check it out... Ill keep you updated...

1WkdEvo
08-24-2008, 01:34 AM
Why does it say this was posted by EvoIXnoob, but you are the OP?

Anyway, congrats

nijikon5
08-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Ok so after having my JICS on now for a while and getting a chance to "feel em out" I can honestly say that the feel and handling make this car consistent and very predictable. I have driven everything from 91 traafic to spirited drives through ortega canyon. This car now does whatever it is told to do. The limiting factor right nw are the tires. I am going to step up to a wider grippier tire here soon.

Being that the JICs are not the off the shelf run of the mills you have room to be set up to what suits you best. Working with John for a while on this I knew we were going to set mine up with it being more partial to track than street. The car sits perfectly with 0 rubbing and turns absolutely flat in the corners. With the X and all the computer assists the JICS stil allow you to "push" to where you want. Turn the ASC off and you can accelerate out without the power loss from the computers.

You can run your stock Tanabes,Bilsteins, or the overated KWs but this is where the stock line ends. The JICs that are worked to your preference will be day and night over stock JICs. I have driven a friends X with Box JICs and mine feel better and you feel more in control with the setup.

The car passed the "wife test" this evening also. She recently had a Csection and hasnt been in the car. She finally got her maiden voyage with her "injury" and all to the movies and not one compaint. It feels smooth enough that she didnt complain about it being like a honda on Stechs. And she complains quite often. Shhh dont tell her that.

If you would like to go for a spin feel free to hit me up and I will see what I can do...
If you want to hit a track or canyon or AutoX just make this your first mod and you will never regret it.

Well be hitting the track soon... feel free to check it out... Ill keep you updated...

I'm glad the Muellerized JICs can be civil on the streets while still being top class during the corners. Was it necessary to bash and call Kws overrated? Yes, I know SCE is full of cliques on every single aspect. Giving positive or critical reviews on products is helpful, but being negative to put down competitor's products is just more useless propaganda/forum clutter.

blkside
08-24-2008, 10:12 AM
No it wasnt a bash it was personal opinion. I put a set on my buddies X and I told him the same thing. Why would you make a decent suspension and then be cheap and use shit like plastic spring perches. I think that like the rush for the I/C pipes and I/C for the X that they are one of those fads. I think they are overated. I didnt say they were bad quality I believe from my own experience with them that they could be better.

GokuSSJ4
08-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Why does it say this was posted by EvoIXnoob, but you are the OP?

Anyway, congrats
his Original screen name was EvoIXnoob before it was changed to blkside.

nijikon5
08-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Going from personal experience, i've had the privilege of experiencing Muellerized JICs, BCs on both the VIII/IXs, Regular JICs on the Xs, Off the shelf KWs on the IXs, robispec KWs on the X. Both tuners had great setups for the track. Although I don't mind giving up some DD for superior handling, the JICs due seem to be a bit more rough than KWs, although i've only experienced regular JICs on the X. Oh well, I don't want to hijack your thread or turn this into a x vs. y vs. z suspension argument. I'm glad you like your Muellerized JICs and look forward to a review for the track/autoX.

blkside
08-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Im looking forward to hitting the track soon also... well see what I can destroy on it...lol

CASH$ MONEY
08-24-2008, 06:03 PM
whoooopin ass time

antics22
08-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Tim, why don't you come out with us Friday 9/12? Redline events at SOW. Should be fun and you should finally be able to put that 100oct tune and JIC's through its paces!

blkside
08-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Ill see whats up.. should be able to... my virgin track run.... good looking out bro.. send me the info...

JOOTZ
08-25-2008, 09:20 AM
let me know too Tim, i may be free that day and tag along with you, if you dont mind

Muellerized...
08-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Tim, why don't you come out with us Friday 9/12? Redline events at SOW. Should be fun and you should finally be able to put that 100oct tune and JIC's through its paces!

That sounds like fun, plus I am in town that particular day :-)

Running a southern california based racing team in an east coast based series leads to plenty of time spent in airports, including right now this morning. Thank the lord for wireless internet.

blkside
08-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Well looks like its gonna be a go... only have to check with the boss... she trumps all... Im sure were good thats 5 days from my bday so it should be cool....

antics22
08-25-2008, 10:30 AM
sweet! see u at the track!

www.redlinetrackevents.com
$130 plus timing is free if we get 10 heads via socalevo. Im registered via phone call, so i might not be on the drivers list, but you can bet I'll be there along with Kevin "tanK".

Charlie@MFQ
08-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Shannon and I will be there. We'll be on KW with plastic perches. ;)

Also Congrats to the Op. i have personally driven couple of mullerized setups. They are very easy to drive, pretty predictable driving experience and to me predictable car make you fast. O0

blkside
08-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Im in ... this is gonna be a birthday present to myself... Ill register once I get to the house... Antics should I have you call or register online to get the socalevo numbers...

tanK
08-25-2008, 12:20 PM
sweet! see u at the track!

www.redlinetrackevents.com
$130 plus timing is free if we get 10 heads via socalevo. Im registered via phone call, so i might not be on the drivers list, but you can bet I'll be there along with Kevin "tanK".

Ok, you registered already? I thought I owed you your track day.. o well!

I don't know who or what is organizing this now.. Tim if you can't locate anything about the SCE group, the folks over at www.trackhq.com have a group deal. When you sign up just put s2ki timing and you'll get free timing (don't purchase timing, they'll give it to you at track)

blkside
08-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Alright... I will see you guys there with bells on... thats so you know when I am coming up to pass you.... lol .. this is my first track event.. I am gonna have fun...

tanK
08-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Alright... I will see you guys there with bells on... thats so you know when I am coming up to pass you.... lol .. this is my first track event.. I am gonna have fun...

Welcome to the new addiction you will soon possess haha.

blkside
08-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Ok Back to my badass Muellerized JICS.... Well have to go throw a retarded aggressive setup on it and watch me do donuts on the infield...

Granny Shifter
08-25-2008, 10:08 PM

That sounds like fun, plus I am in town that particular day :-)

Running a southern california based racing team in an east coast based series leads to plenty of time spent in airports, including right now this morning. Thank the lord for wireless internet.

i'm considering going. if you are in town, interested in doing some private instructing?Â* you can take my evo for a hell ride through sow :twisted:

1WkdEvo
08-25-2008, 10:11 PM
+1 John. I would go if you are going and willing to help a track newb out :-) PLus I want to see Kevin wipe out just for hell of it.

Bump for Muellerized X JICs

Granny Shifter
08-25-2008, 10:18 PM
it has happened before. all through the chicane. my windows were down and the dust was everywhere, inside and out. i talked to john about this before. if a couple of us go, we can bring the cost down to feed john panda express. it'll be fun sean!

1WkdEvo
08-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Ill pitch in to feed John for sure and get some decent fast food Orange Chicken in the process. I'm in

blkside
08-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Registered... Happy Bday to me...

John is going.. He is going to be doing X JIC Testing.... It will be the first track day on the X setup...

antics22
08-26-2008, 12:32 PM
^ Sweet! See u guys there.

Wests
09-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Very nice, I was thinking about getting some Zeal Xs, but I may get these instead.

evoxkrazy
11-08-2008, 02:55 PM
lol, i like kw's and jic's

blkside
11-08-2008, 03:03 PM
well thats odd... 2 months later a post.... strangeeeeeee

fastkevin
11-08-2008, 06:44 PM
lol, i like kw's and jic's

I like big BUTTS and I cannot lie...

Kisada
11-08-2008, 09:43 PM
KW Robispec'd is over 3k right?

How much are the Muellerized JICs?

I wanna pop my tracking cherry sometime next year!

Muellerized...
11-08-2008, 09:48 PM
How much are the Muellerized JICs?

I wanna pop my tracking cherry sometime next year!

http://www.muellerized.com/products.html

blkside
11-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Dont wait.. get the JICS you wont be disappointed...

sspeed
11-09-2008, 12:52 AM
+1