PDA

View Full Version : Evo X GSR start up problem, help?

jose.chen
08-26-2008, 08:24 AM
well it only happened to me 4 times in 5 months

its usually in the morning when i first want to start up the car to warm it up. it starts cranking but it takes for ever so i let go, then i crank it again then it starts up. I took it to the dealer but they tried to see what was wrong, but nothing showed in the computer when they hooked it up to it. they try to duplicate the situation but the car starts up normal once it starts up.

so does this happen to anyone else? car not starting up until like the second time you try to?

this happened to me when i first got it, 2 weeks after that it happened, later on about 1 month later it happened again, and now yesterday morning.

Edit: I have F.A.S.T Key

ebevo
08-26-2008, 08:37 AM
fuel pump!!!...oh wait thought I was on e90 forums for a second :2funny:

I'm sure someone will post some advice on what the problem could be.

kimletrim
08-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Do you have FastKey?

jose.chen
08-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Do you have FastKey?

yes i do, why? o.o

SoCaL_GSR
08-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Keep your cell phone away from the fast key see if that helps

jose.chen
08-26-2008, 02:31 PM
i don't think it was the cell phone, i just tried putting the phone right next to it and have someone on the phone. but it was either it said missing key, or it would start up normal

i can't reproduce the problem once its warmed up

it usually happens when the car temperature is not registered in the screen.

ayenoc
08-26-2008, 02:33 PM
take it to the dealer..

toku-one
08-26-2008, 02:37 PM
do you park on an incline?

happens to me when i park outside my house with the gas tank lower than the engine, but ive never had the problem when i park on the other side of the street, with the engine lower than the tank...

ive had it happen at least once on flat in cold conditions. but no worries to me. if it doesnt crank, i stop, and try again, cause i always know its gonna start just fine the second time.

jose.chen
08-26-2008, 02:40 PM
reverse park on an incline, and now that you mention it, all of the times that it didn't start up well, it was in a incline (drive way)

i guess you could be right, and it does start up the second or third time but it cranks long then it starts.

edit: i just re-read your case, and mine has happened in both ways engine higher than tank and tank higher than engine. low gas and almost full tank.

toku-one
08-26-2008, 04:39 PM
mines always on the first crank the 2nd time. looking on evom (i believe i saw your post there too) the answer ive seen the most since february is that the system needs to prime.

if it gets worse though, id follow up with the dealer concerning the tsb stuff that people mentioned in that thread.

jose.chen
08-26-2008, 11:26 PM
it just happened again today so i went to drop off the car at the dealer, hopefully they find the problem and fix it. They said they have to be able to reproduce the problem, but the problem is, it doesn't always happen. I'm hoping that it happens to tomorrow morning when they try it out, so they can fix it, if not give me a new evo ! (if that's the case, i wonder if I can get a WW one =\)