PDA

View Full Version : Stage 3 clutch

BZboarding101
09-07-2008, 05:00 PM
what is the best stage 3 clutch to get for my Evo VIII is it ACT, Clutch Masters, Spec what please help

Tech@ACT
09-07-2008, 10:52 PM
I guess that would depend on what you are looking for in a "stage 3" clutch. To refer to clutches in stages is vague to say the least and can differ from one clutch manufacturer to the other. A Spec stage 3 is going to be different from a Clutchmasters stage 3 or an Exedy stage 3 which is why we don't sell, refer or market any of our clutches in stages.

Instead we rate clutches by torque capacity since clutches hold torque and not horsepower (and we were the first to market our clutches as such). So keeping that in mind, how much torque (or hp if you're not sure about the tq) is your car making or plan on making? Our entry level clutch for the Evo is rated at 508 ft. lbs at the flywheel or 432 at the wheels, are you making more than that?

j_nizzle
09-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Stage 3 clutch....because i'm so cool, i can skip stage 1 and stage 2!

Skiracer
09-07-2008, 11:02 PM
I guess that would depend on what you are looking for in a "stage 3" clutch. To refer to clutches in stages is vague to say the least and can differ from one clutch manufacturer to the other. A Spec stage 3 is going to be different from a Clutchmasters stage 3 or an Exedy stage 3 which is why we don't sell, refer or market any of our clutches in stages.

Instead we rate clutches by torque capacity since clutches hold torque and not horsepower (and we were the first to market our clutches as such). So keeping that in mind, how much torque (or hp if you're not sure about the tq) is your car making or plan on making? Our entry level clutch for the Evo is rated at 508 ft. lbs at the flywheel or 432 at the wheels, are you making more than that?

What would you recommend for 400whp levels and i don't launch the car? To give u an idea on how abusive i'm on clutches, i'm still on OEM clutch at 50K miles...

Tech@ACT
09-07-2008, 11:20 PM
What would you recommend for 400whp levels and i don't launch the car? To give u an idea on how abusive i'm on clutches, i'm still on OEM clutch at 50K miles...

I would recommend using our MB7-HDSS kit since it sounds like you're not trying to take on John Force anytime soonÂ* :grin:.Â* It'll offer you the same OEM drivability and smooth engagement but with the addtional clamp load and torque capacity you're looking for.

Tech@ACT
09-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Stage 3 clutch....because i'm so cool, i can skip stage 1 and stage 2!

LOL