PDA

View Full Version : Tuners

soontobe
09-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Just a thread to discuss tuners in oc and sd...

I recommend Alan...Bottom line!

PUNISHER
09-13-2008, 11:18 PM
hbspeed does road tuning....

CASH$ MONEY
09-14-2008, 01:38 AM
ygpm!

soontobe
09-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Thanks guys appreciate it, and to clarify im not new to the boards i just moved up but i pretty much know all the sd guys.

fusionchicken
09-14-2008, 08:40 AM
hbspeed does road tuning....

HBspeed? the one in fountain valley? Jon?

he told me he doesnt road tune STis :( mebbe he only road tunes Evos since Evos are easier to t00n

but Jon is an awesome tuner, i logged my STi after his tune in all sorts of weather and conditions and it's always 0 knocks throughout the RPM :)

ultraflip
09-14-2008, 09:17 AM
have you tried road race engineering?

scot gray and mike w. is one hella of a drug

soontobe
09-14-2008, 07:51 PM
what are there prices like?

S2myEVO
09-14-2008, 07:55 PM
location? depending of ur location...

909- tuning technologies

562-scott gray

714-naji "looney tuning"

scott gray and naji would be in the alan price range. tuning tech tunes on the dyno so they charge more for the time.

Wedgemeister
09-14-2008, 08:19 PM
0 knocks? Do you plan on running race gas 24/7?

soontobe
09-14-2008, 09:03 PM
nope i sure dont, why do you ask bud?

Wedgemeister
09-17-2008, 01:15 AM
I do not believe that ANY car has zero knocks

soontobe
09-17-2008, 05:21 AM
Hey man did you not read this thread or what? Look up a few posts a FusionChickens post and you will see.

j_nizzle
09-17-2008, 08:25 AM
a log is like a picture in time. you have 0 knock that log, once you log again, there are variables that no one can control.

think of it like an alignment, when you get an alignment...all your measurements are set on the alignment rack or tool. the second you drive off, the figures change slightly.

smokinevo9
09-17-2008, 08:28 AM
TOO MANY TUNERS HERE IN SOCAL...........GOODLUCK

soontobe
09-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Yea agreed...

as for 0 knocks id like my last log to be there then whatever happens later is on me of course!

ASIXMRSE
09-17-2008, 11:20 AM
bump for looney tuning or Them boys at RRE RJ

anxiouz
09-22-2008, 03:25 PM
I went to Looney Tuning (Naji) and recommend him. He's in the Long Beach area, has flat rates, and the dude spends whatever amount of time needed to get the job done right. My tune has been real solid.

soontobe
09-24-2008, 12:31 AM
how much does loony charge? Im thinkin ive decided nobody is ever touchin my car except alan but im open to hear prices

CASH$ MONEY
09-24-2008, 01:28 AM
how much does loony charge? Im thinkin ive decided nobody is ever touchin my car except alan but im open to hear prices

:2funny: - alan is good...

;)

anxiouz
09-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Do a search for Looney. He has his prices listed in his sig plus a link to a webform to make an appt or get more info. He's excellent and his attention to detail is top=notch.

soontobe
09-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Ill check it out, but as of right now I'm just gonna wait 'till Alan has time and have him do the tune. I really don't trust anyone else with my car, but him!

ASIXMRSE
09-24-2008, 10:13 AM
What have you added on the rider since your last tune RJ?

iheartevoix
11-23-2008, 12:25 AM
just go to scot gray and call it a day.. you wont be disappointed..

he charges $200 for a reflash

Wedgemeister
11-23-2008, 02:20 AM
Scot Gray has been tuning longer then ANYONE here in SoCal. He tuned my 1G back in 2000. Can any of the other so called "Tuners" say that?

NativeSS
11-23-2008, 02:50 AM
wow congrats on a truly useless thread... phailhard.

soontobe
11-23-2008, 10:46 AM
^ lol ^

i was waiting for this.

Thanks to all the guys that helped out with your input!

oxyi
11-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Scot Gray has been tuning longer then ANYONE here in SoCal. He tuned my 1G back in 2000. Can any of the other so called "Tuners" say that?

LOL let's not turn this into a tuner war again... dude is only asking for input, you can just provide the info he needs without flaming ..

1WkdEvo
11-23-2008, 11:48 AM

Nothing against Scot or anybody else, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that being the first person to do something doesn't mean you're the best at it. Often times the newer people do a better job because they cannot rely on their reputation and more importantly because they are more in touch with new techniques and methods. This goes for almost any industry/career

soontobe
11-23-2008, 01:48 PM
^ thanks man i appreciate your input and also agree with the statement.

G20
11-23-2008, 02:15 PM
if it's zero knock then your tune may not be optimal and there's room to improve.

Wedgemeister
11-23-2008, 07:22 PM

Nothing against Scot or anybody else, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that being the first person to do something doesn't mean you're the best at it. Often times the newer people do a better job because they cannot rely on their reputation and more importantly because they are more in touch with new techniques and methods. This goes for almost any industry/career

Well you obviously can't decide yourself since you blamed Scot for your ignorance and motor failure. I did not know Scot Gray works at the gas station. :? And yet you recently returned for a E85/91 re-tune. Wouldn't you agree you are being hypocritical? With this said why didn't you get a tune from these new up and rising tuners since they are in touch with new techniques and methods? :?

LOL let's not turn this into a tuner war again... dude is only asking for input, you can just provide the info he needs without flaming ..

It's more like proven results and I'm planning on taking some tuning courses, so look out for Wedgie-Tuning. :roll:

Evolutionized
11-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Scot Gray has been tuning longer then ANYONE here in SoCal.Â* He tuned my 1G back in 2000. Can any of the other so called "Tuners" say that?

wow ur a fkn idiot... "so called Tuners"

are u serious? thats what they do for a living so what makes one a real tuner over another..

leave ur useless comments and bias opinons to youself..
or just go :'( about it

Wedgemeister
11-23-2008, 07:36 PM

are u serious? thats what they do for a living so what makes one a real tuner over another..

It is called "Proven Results." So what magazines has YOUR tuner come out in? What race cars has YOUR tuner tuned/worked on successfully? Oh what was that shop YOUR tuner works for? Was it a shop that has been in business since the early 90s? The OP DID ask for "local" tuners who are cheap and provide RESULTS. So you might want to re-read the original post.

oxyi
11-23-2008, 08:19 PM

+1

also, OP asekd for "Im looking for amazing results and a strong consistent reliable safe tune. 0 knocks!!! "

You don't have to be on a magazine or a big shop or a business that opened since 90s to tune a car with good results and "consistent reliable safe tune"
I went for loonely tune because I heard so many good things about him in the long beach meet , go under the Tech Talk and Power Mods, and you can find the reviews he did for all the car he tuned, he gave detailed informations about your tune, instead of just a list of your mods and a dyno chart, even tho that's what most peoples care about..

For me, I am the same as OP, "amazing results and a strong consistent reliable safe tune. 0 knocks".

From you posts, you just sounds like you are bashing on other tuner that's not "name brand" in your standard, which is not very cool...

1WkdEvo
11-23-2008, 08:28 PM

Well you obviously can't decide yourself since you blamed Scot for your ignorance and motor failure. I did not know Scot Gray works at the gas station. :? And yet you recently returned for a E85/91 re-tune. Wouldn't you agree you are being hypocritical? With this said why didn't you get a tune from these new up and rising tuners since they are in touch with new techniques and methods? :?

It's more like proven results and I'm planning on taking some tuning courses, so look out for Wedgie-Tuning. :roll:

I really like idiots like you and I love when you make a blatantly incorrect statements so I can show what a retard you are...although, I must admit that you have done a pretty good job of demonstrating your idiocy all by yourself.

1.Â* What does Scot working at a gas station have to do with my motor blowing?Â* Please share.Â* I have agreed to not rehash the story of my engine and I will honor that agreement, but I assure you that I had zero to do with my engine blowing...Period
2.Â* No, I am not a hypocrite since Scot did not do my retune on 91/E85 nor did I say he did.Â* I said RRE did it.Â* Read between the lines Einstein
3.Â* I did not get my last tune from any up and coming tuners because I had a severe time contstraint and the other two people I consulted could not get me in within 2 days.Â* RRE did and I appreciate them always facilitating my needs.
4.Â* I did not turn this into a tuner v tuner issue, nor did I say Scot was not as good as anyone else.Â* I also did not say Scot was not in tune with new techniques.Â* Read my post again and you will see that I made an objective assertion regarding your illogical post.Â*

Anything else you want to get smoked an loser?

Wedgemeister
11-23-2008, 08:46 PM

I really like idiots like you and I love when you make a blatantly incorrect statements so I can show what a retard you are...although, I must admit that you have done a pretty good job of demonstrating your idiocy all by yourself.

1. What does Scot working at a gas station have to do with my motor blowing? Please share. I have agreed to not rehash the story of my engine and I will honor that agreement, but I assure you that I had zero to do with my engine blowing...Period
2. No, I am not a hypocrite since Scot did not do my retune on 91/E85 nor did I say he did. I said RRE did it. Read between the lines Einstein
3. I did not get my last tune from any up and coming tuners because I had a severe time contstraint and the other two people I consulted could not get me in within 2 days. RRE did and I appreciate them always facilitating my needs.
4. I did not turn this into a tuner v tuner issue, nor did I say Scot was not as good as anyone else. I also did not say Scot was not in tune with new techniques. Read my post again and you will see that I made an objective assertion regarding your illogical post.

Anything else you want to get smoked an loser?

I suppose Scot is a freelancer then? I believe Scot represents the ethics of RRE is that illogical enough? I am just stating the facts on who will give you "amazing results" and the 0 knock issue, are you serious? :2funny: I believe Scot successfully tunes more Mitsubishi's than any other tuner in SoCal.

I'm sure SCM would love to have your Evo with a rebuilt motor for resale. Best of luck.

Evolutionized
11-24-2008, 04:15 AM
Go suck on Scotts NuTz some more shit man..
im glad u jockin his cock and i hope he tunes your car for free or something..

there is always gunna be someone who has been in the game longer.

People go to whoever thhey want... just because you are the first to do it doesnt mean you are the best.
new knowledge and insight is good. hmmm... i feel this old saying fits well here..

" you cant teach an OLD dog NEW tricks..."

*** no dissrespect to Scot, But this guy is a class act...

amg destroyer
02-03-2009, 11:21 AM
EDO Performance in Huntington Beach is the shizzle. They do a wonderful job.