PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Intercooler -

blkside
09-15-2008, 11:00 PM
So when I first bought my 10 I kept hearing everyone who bought their car that "oh it heatsoaks" get an aftermarket intercooler or you will have problems... Well thats all bullshit. Friday myself and John Mueller proceeded to drive all day in my 366hp/353tq X and not once did the temps even creep up. Engine never got so much as warmer than usual. My car was beat more than any car out there. It was the only one being ran in 2 different classes that bumped back to back to each other. It got roughly 80 or so laps around the streets of willow and not once hiccup. So I figured I would let everyone know that is planning on spending a crapload of money on an intercooler cause it heatsoaks, push that mod off until you are up there in hp and enjoy it. Use the not needed intercooler money for a track day and discover your car. I did and love it...

Massimo Power
09-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Yep.. thats true.. same thing with the stock 8/9 one.. it should be fine up to 400whp or so.. But you gotta admit... having a mean lookin IC is nice.. :)

fastkevin
09-16-2008, 01:08 AM
damn... wish I had that kind of support when I bought my Motons :tickedoff:

evogeo
09-19-2008, 08:32 PM
dude your car was flying thru the track... i was very impressed!!!

blkside
09-20-2008, 12:39 AM
thanks... it handles like a dream and it held up well to 2 track sessions at once... advanced and beginner so twice what everyone else ran.

05-EVO-GSR
09-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Big Intercoolers make big power because evolutionm.net said so.

bbar
09-26-2008, 01:38 AM
What were you using to log the inlet and outlet temperatures of the core?

afrantz
09-26-2008, 01:49 AM
What were you using to log the inlet and outlet temperatures of the core?

Good point. I'm no expert, but your engine temp is only indirectly affected by intercooler heatsoak, if at all. The only real test is to do what bbar said. Just let me know if I'm wrong. Afterall I'm a newbie and my car is NA.