PDA

View Full Version : What engine management do you need on Evo9 with 1st generation MAF translator?

evotornado
09-17-2008, 12:15 AM
I used to run 1st Generation maf translator, 3.5" GM maf, VTA bov, on ECU+ for my Evo 8.
I sold the car, and I'm in the process of getting Evo 9. Can I still run 1st gen. maf translator on Evo9? What engine management do I need to run with the maf translator?

evotornado
09-30-2008, 11:27 PM
anyone? Help!

j_nizzle
09-30-2008, 11:46 PM
this is more so a question for www.evolutionm.net

the kids here at SCE arent up to date on these kinds of mods yet. give us 3-4 months and we'll be there.

GokuSSJ4
09-30-2008, 11:51 PM
I used to run 1st Generation maf translator, 3.5" GM maf, VTA bov, on ECU+ for my Evo 8.
I sold the car, and I'm in the process of getting Evo 9. Can I still run 1st gen. maf translator on Evo9? What engine management do I need to run with the maf translator?
last time someone tried out the maf translator on this board, they had success with the VIII but the IX was a different story.
The same maf wasn;t a great success on the ix do to the little bit of differences with mivec and other little things. im sure you can pm 1wkevo since his evo was used for the experiment.

evotornado
10-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks, everyone for their input. If you know any information regarding running the MAF translator with Evo9, please post.

1WkdEvo
10-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Ok here goes...

My car was the experiment and it didn't work.Â*
They then tried it on an VIII and it seemed to work for a while, but did not.Â*
We were both using a stock ECU with Ecuflash.Â*
I just bought a blow through package from someone on EVOM who already had it setup on his IX and I am going to try it again so within a couple weeks I can tell you if we got it functioning

To answer your basic questions yes you can run it on your IX because a lot of poeple do it on Evom.Â* In fact TTP includes it as part of their Stage 4 tuning package with great results.Â* All you need is your stock ECU and ecuflash.Â* The hardest part is properly setting up the translator and putting all of the items from the TB, the MAF, etc, in the proper sequence.Â* Once that is completed properly, then tuning is just about adjusting for the MAF.

One little item - If I end up trading the IX in on the X, then of course I will not be trying this, but since the prices went back up, I would say that this won't happen for at least several months