PDA

View Full Version : EVO or a Corvette

03v8slayer
09-18-2008, 02:44 AM
Ok guys i use to own a VIII. I drive a honda right now as a DD. I am going to get a weekend/ friday night cruiser no track for this car. Which do u think would be a better car for that. The vette is going to be 2003-2006 used ether just a coup or a Z06.

ranz
09-18-2008, 03:01 AM
zo6 rocks!!

vial8or
09-18-2008, 03:22 AM
If it's a low mileage low-priced C6 Z06 jump on that shit and don't look back

Wedgemeister
09-18-2008, 03:59 AM
It's going to be your "weekend" car. Pick the one that will get you more sluts!

CASH$ MONEY
09-18-2008, 04:05 AM
evo... :bow:

fusionchicken
09-18-2008, 04:41 AM
z06 all day every day, c5 or c6 don't matter.

basically i'd only take an Evo over a c5, c5z/c6/c6z > Evo.

pump gas power, v8 power band, v8 low end torque, 30mpg on the highway, rwd, low center of gravity...the only flaw is lack of traction once you're making big power, unless you're OK with spending $$$ for rear tires frequently lol

vs

not as much power potential on pump gas, turbo lag, turbo lag, turbo lag, higher cg, attracting ricers/cops, awd (good or bad depending on who you are, for me it takes away some of the fun in controlling the car)

of course, this is just my humble opinion :)

trmacblckevo
09-18-2008, 07:20 AM
LOL ^^^ +1

flblkevo9
09-18-2008, 07:34 AM

pump gas power, v8 power band, v8 low end torque, 30mpg on the highway, rwd, low center of gravity...the only flaw is lack of traction once you're making big power, unless you're OK with spending $$$ for rear tires frequently lol

vs

not as much power potential on pump gas, turbo lag, turbo lag, turbo lag, higher cg, attracting ricers/cops, awd (good or bad depending on who you are, for me it takes away some of the fun in controlling the car)

Not much potential on pump? are you talking about STIs? there's evos running 9's on pump gas. 10's on stock turbos on pump gas + meth. Don't get me wrong Corvettes are fast cars for the price but only 50 + old people drive corvettes.
Attracts cops? I have my evo for 2 years now and I never been pulled over in it. My dad gets pull over all the time in his corvette.

choicelaw
09-18-2008, 07:48 AM
If you can get a z06 for sure.

ebevo
09-18-2008, 08:08 AM
vette +1 and with age that car will be profiling and styling wooooooo!!!

looking at your past vehicles...you had a 98 cobra and evo

2dr rwd vs 4dr awd

the vette will be a much better beast from the stang but you can use your experience with the cobra to help guide you on what the vette will be like

fusionchicken
09-18-2008, 08:17 AM

vs

Not much potential on pump? are you talking about STIs? there's evos running 9's on pump gas. 10's on stock turbos on pump gas + meth. Don't get me wrong Corvettes are fast cars for the price but only 50 + old people drive corvettes.
Attracts cops? I have my evo for 2 years now and I never been pulled over in it. My dad gets pull over all the time in his corvette.

i guess i phrased it wrong...just remembered the buschur personal 9 rs thread lol

just so u know i had an Evo 9 for about 1.5 yrs before my RSTi, so i'm in no way hating on the Evo here. i sold the Evo due to financial reasons...as per your comment on STi yes it is crap compared to the Evo :'(

would you really want to daily drive a 9 sec. pump gas Evo? plus you put the same amount of work into the Evo as you did in the Vette and see what happens...you can't beat displacement for ultimate power/reliability and most importantly powerband.

a vette is already lighter than an Evo, a stock c5z/ls2c6 makes 350whp/350wtq, intake/headers/tune = 380whp, heads/cam package = 430whp, all on 91 oct. the response with this set up will be amazing.

i've driven a 540whp aps TT c5 z06 and after experiencing that kind of response with that much power i'm sold lol

i'm not saying the vette is * better* than the Evo, i'm just sharing my personal opinion. hell 2 yrs ago i LOVED turbo lag..."its like foreplay blah blah, gives v8s a chance blah blah", but now i'm a different person....i like throttle response now :)

as per cops/ricers, when i had the Evo i went thru everything to make my car look/sound as stock as possible but i still got hassled. Vettes dont usually bring about that "boy ricer" image that evo/sti's do...though they do bring along some other images/stereotypes :D

03v8slayer
09-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Ok in no way would i mod the vette if i got it. Don't have the funds for that.And if i get the evo just full TBE and MBC. I really don't want to do the hole mod it out its just a weekend night out car for me to enjoy once in a while. My dream would be a Evo for a DD and vette for the weekend. But i don't have funds for that. i have my honda fit for the DD. Now i need a weekend car to enjoy again like i did with my Cobra and the Evo.

03v8slayer
09-18-2008, 08:40 AM
i'm leaning toward the vette just do to its more how do i put it older. Now i love the evo but i did use to get a lot of unwanted looks from it. But than again i also got a lot of looks that i wanted and all of my friends loved the car they thought i was crazy when i did not get another one. This is a hard choice i am going to keep researching and look to u guys for ur input.

enVmyIX
09-18-2008, 08:47 AM
if your not going to mod either of them then get the corvette. if i was in your shoes i would get the evo and upgrade the turbo and cams with all the supporting mods too of course.

MRavenIX
09-18-2008, 08:48 AM
I say just think about what ur gonna want it for... if ur gonna be chillin w/ friends, go with the Evo... Â*If u don't need the extra 3 seats, Corvette... but at least get a z06 if u go *gags* Chevy... O0

EVO Neil
09-18-2008, 08:51 AM
I spent seven years testing every vehicle on the planet with lots of seat time in both Evos and Corvettes including Z06's and I'd go Evo all the way. The Corvette doesn't talk to you the way and Evo does, it doesn't communicate with you and make you feel like you are a part of what is happening. In the Corvette you are just along for the ride, in the Evo you are wired into the whole experience.

I'm guessing that those saying go with the Corvette have not tested both and are talking from an aspiration point of view. What i've learned from testing vehicles for seven years is that some vehicles are not what you'd expect when you finally get to drive them. But heah, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am speaking from experience, not bench racing.

smokinevo9
09-18-2008, 08:59 AM
CORVETTE WILL NEVER GO OUT OF STYLE...............

fusionchicken
09-18-2008, 09:01 AM
that's true the Evo is much more of a "driver's car" esp. comparing the steering feel of both cars...the Vette's steering really leaves something to be desired, and though i haven't driven a c6 on the Vette boards everybody said the c5z's steering is much better than that of the c6's.

for me the Vettes are more like cruisers packing a lot of balls...but in this particular thread i'm also kinda pushing the OP towards the Vette just cuz he seems to like straightline power (modding his Evo) and he's already had an Evo so why not try something else...my 2cents.

a c5z and ls2 c6 traps 114mph+ easy in the 1/4 stock, and the ls3 c6 is just ridiculous. if you want a sporty looking cruiser with power you can't go wrong with the vettes IMO.

the Evo is much involving to drive but the ride is also harsher/not as comfy, from my experience.

vial8or
09-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I've been in a c6 z06, no way you'd chose an evo over that if ur not gonna mod.

Who here is on 9's, 10's, or even 11's on 91?
And those were also heavily modded.
Besides the z06 gearing is the shit and sounds muchh better

j_nizzle
09-18-2008, 09:52 AM
there's evos running 9's on pump gas.

we're in california. who in california can run 9's on 91?

vial8or
09-18-2008, 10:14 AM
^^no one even runs 10's on 91 here

1WkdEvo
09-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Using Buschur's latest 9 sec "Pump Gas" run as an example is ludicrous

vial8or
09-18-2008, 10:23 AM
^^using "stock turbos + meth = 10's" is faulty as well, seeing how that's with stripped cars and very very rare as well.

1WkdEvo
09-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Exactly. Stock for stock take the Vette for pu$$y and straight line consistent performance. I you like having a car tht you are in touch with and that communicates everything to you like most of us do, then stick with an Evo. Pretty simple really

srjohns
09-18-2008, 10:59 AM
I'll tell you this much, I went from an '03 Evo VIII to a C6 Z, promptly to an '08 Evo X. I don't feel like trying to explain it but its just something about the evo that I couldn't get away from, missed it... maybe the turbos? Maybe the cheap mods, maybe the AWD, maybe the steering? To me it was hard to justify the corvette as a daily driver, even the weekly depending on the weather in your area, and to pay that much for a car that you only drive "occasionally," wasn't worth the torque and looks, which is about all it has over the evo.

EvilAWD10
09-18-2008, 11:12 AM
lmao...sean serious question. have you made love to your evo

Cedia619
09-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Anyone here that walked out da lot wit an evo, witout any problems could afford a vett... So why do most of us drive evos? ask urslef that question and maybe ull understand...

vial8or
09-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Cuz going fast in a vette is dope, but smokin a fast vette in ur 4dr shoppin cart is funner!!

Lol.

1WkdEvo
09-18-2008, 11:46 AM
lmao...sean serious question. have you made love to your evo

Lol, ask Josh that question. He's the one that wears a vest to a car meet :-)

dj_subculture
09-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Cuz going fast in a vette is dope, but smokin a fast vette in ur 4dr shoppin cart is funner!!

Lol.

What he said!Â* O0

PUNISHER
09-18-2008, 12:08 PM
evo no doubt.. you want a vette go to a vette forum and ask the same question.

MRavenIX
09-18-2008, 12:10 PM
^^I'm w/ this guy...ur askin a partial crowd (one that knows better) O0

03v8slayer
09-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Yea i loved my evo. But i was woundering if the vette would be better for a weekend cruise. I am loveing the look of the evo still and the feel of it. But i have not owned a vette. I mean i live in FL now no real turns like i had in CA. So i am not sure how fun the evo would be here in a straight line. So i was thinking a 03-04 cobra. But thought get something a little nicer for the weekends like a vette. So would u guys still love the evo with no turns and hills. I loved it when i lived in CA but not sure about here. I test drove the 10 about a week ago and it felt like a tank. But i love the look of it in RR. But if i go evo its a IX.

ChrisF
09-18-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm in a similar boat. I'm currently trying to decide on a C6, C6Z or Cayman S as a DD. I plan on keeping my modded VIII for track duty. I initially scoffed at all but the Z06, but after renting a C6 for a day a couple of weeks ago, I gained a newfound respect for the car. I highly recommend going to your local Hertz and renting one of their C6 ZHZ's for a day and that way you'll get a much more accurate impression of the car. While I somewhat agree with EVONeil about the communication the Vette gives, the '08+ cars have vastly improved steering and are a lot of fun to drive.

If it was me and I lived in an area with few curves, power would be much more important.

Best of luck

flblkevo9
09-18-2008, 12:33 PM
^^using "stock turbos + meth = 10's" is faulty as well, seeing how that's with stripped cars and very very rare as well.

Yeah maybe not here but in Florida. There's a couple running 10's full weight and $hit load of evos deep in the 11's full weight + stock turbos but this is off topic stuff

EVO Neil
09-18-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm in a similar boat. I'm currently trying to decide on a C6, C6Z or Cayman S as a DD. I plan on keeping my modded VIII for track duty. I initially scoffed at all but the Z06, but after renting a C6 for a day a couple of weeks ago, I gained a newfound respect for the car. I highly recommend going to your local Hertz and renting one of their C6 ZHZ's for a day and that way you'll get a much more accurate impression of the car. While I somewhat agree with EVONeil about the communication the Vette gives, the '08+ cars have vastly improved steering and are a lot of fun to drive.

If it was me and I lived in an area with few curves, power would be much more important.

Best of luck

In that situation it'd be Cayman S all the way...

ChrisF
09-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah; try persuading the sellers that there is a recession and their weekend toys are no longer worth what they think they are. The prices relative to the sales prices are outta wack. At least with the Vette, the owners seem to have accepted the crappy resale at the door ;)

flblkevo9
09-18-2008, 12:43 PM
I see many people here in love with the vettes. They should trade in their evos for one of those. I like them too but I'm not ready to own one of those yet. I'm too young :grin:... In 10 years for sure I'll be over 40.

vial8or
09-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Mmmm porsche is in a new ballgame!
Fur sure pimp status ftw.

And lol, seany boy, still mad cuz he can't pull off ish that I can lol

vial8or
09-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Lol u can't love another car or while loving ur evo?

Sum ppl

MRavenIX
09-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Bottom line....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/elninokid/evovette.jpg
c'mon, ur in an Evo forum

CRX2EVO
09-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Yeah; try persuading the sellers that there is a recession and their weekend toys are no longer worth what they think they are. The prices relative to the sales prices are outta wack. At least with the Vette, the owners seem to have accepted the crappy resale at the door ;)

I don't know. There are still plenty of C5 Z06 owners asking big money at least compared to the fact you can get a 2005 C6 for the same price...

http://tinyurl.com/3ja7ll

CRX2EVO
09-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Even Camaros are overpriced:

http://tinyurl.com/46lm5n

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2002/chevrolet/camaro/100002300/options.html?tmvaction=vdpresult

03v8slayer
09-18-2008, 01:06 PM
I love that pic it was my screen saver when i was in iraq. One of my officers had a new Z06 so i put it up there just to piss him off. Dam i love the evo so much. But it just seems the vette might be good to. I can't rent one they told me i had to be 25 to rent it. I am 23 so i might just have to try to find another way to test drive one. Dam i think its going to be a IX or a X in RR or blue i love both.

MRavenIX
09-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Cheap
Heavy
Expensive
Vehicle
Y....Â* Â*I don't know...Subi owner's ask themselves the same question!!!

stY FTMFW!!!!!!
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x118/jrowan1030/STy-1.jpg

Robdog
09-18-2008, 01:22 PM
buy this evo http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=61258.15

torque :)

EvO9marine
09-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Z06's break down at the track!!! just get a X..

EvilAWD10
09-18-2008, 02:11 PM
at fontana last year a z06 was running 13.3 at the track all day. stock of course so other than cool factor id still take the 02 viper gts instead for looks

05cbr600
09-18-2008, 02:21 PM
So the question was, what would make a better WEEKEND car. Then of course this being an Evo forum all the fan-boys jumped right in to defend the all mighty Evo. If any of you have ever driven or even been in a Z06 then you would think about your choice for a better weekend car a little harder. Some of you say the Evo is more of a "drivers" car and that it gives you better "feel", thats because the Evo makes you "think" your a better driver with its awsome AWD, AYC and all its electronics that make it an almost supercar. Get behind a lightly modded 'Vette with all that raw RWD power and lets see if any of you guys are good drivers now. True the Evo is a little more refined but for a true weekend sports car, few come close to what a Z06 can offer in stock form, even better if its modded. So stop being biased cuz you guys drive an Evo and accept the fact that most of you, if not all of you would rather wake up on a Sunday morning and open up your garage and see a Z06 just parked there waiting to be taken out for a ride, instead of an Evo.

*** Not to mention the better attention a 'Vette gets you with the ladies! lol

05cbr600
09-18-2008, 02:41 PM

Oh my young Marine, lol, he said WEEKEND car, not track car. And yea lots of cars break at the track INCLUDING Evos, lol.

vial8or
09-18-2008, 02:42 PM
So the question was, what would make a better WEEKEND car. Then of course this being an Evo forum all the fan-boys jumped right in to defend the all mighty Evo. If any of you have ever driven or even been in a Z06 then you would think about your choice for a better weekend car a little harder. Some of you say the Evo is more of a "drivers" car and that it gives you better "feel", thats because the Evo makes you "think" your a better driver with its awsome AWD, AYC and all its electronics that make it an almost supercar. Get behind a lightly modded 'Vette with all that raw RWD power and lets see if any of you guys are good drivers now. True the Evo is a little more refined but for a true weekend sports car, few come close to what a Z06 can offer in stock form, even better if its modded. So stop being biased cuz you guys drive an Evo and accept the fact that most of you, if not all of you would rather wake up on a Sunday morning and open up your garage and see a Z06 just parked there waiting to be taken out for a ride, instead of an Evo.

^^+12312 on a lot of shit u put, basically what i said earlier.

Except I would still rather wake up and see my evo in the garage, as much as I respect the z06 and how sick it is, I love my evo (not stock either, turbo +cams) and its speed/cornering capabilities, and it can hold more chix in it!!!

05cbr600
09-18-2008, 02:44 PM

Except I would still rather wake up and see my evo in the garage, as much as I respect the z06 and how sick it is, I love my evo (not stock either, turbo +cams) and its speed/cornering capabilities, and it can hold more chix in it!!!

lol, Josh I agree. I just wanted to point out how biased people can be when they havent even step foot in a 'Vette.

fusionchicken
09-18-2008, 02:54 PM
yay now i feel less like a traitor lol

the Vettes are very serious performance machines. i used to be skeptical of them too until i got to read more about them (e.g. how the c5 z06 is made ... read up on it it's pretty intense) and i got a ride in a aps TT c5z...the ride quality and even interior ( zero rattles whatsoever and it was 80,000 miles+ on the chassis) and the ease of driving with that much power really surprised me.

05cbr600
09-18-2008, 04:05 PM
yay now i feel less like a traitor lol

the Vettes are very serious performance machines. i used to be skeptical of them too until i got to read more about them (e.g. how the c5 z06 is made ... read up on it it's pretty intense) and i got a ride in a aps TT c5z...the ride quality and even interior ( zero rattles whatsoever and it was 80,000 miles+ on the chassis) and the ease of driving with that much power really surprised me.

lol, its just funny how people seem to hate on certain cars without even driving one or even riding in one. As car lovers that we all are, we have to embrace and respect what other cars out there have to offer. Not to condone street racing, but many Evos from this particular forum have been handed there ass by very fast American muscle at the Compton races.

EvilAWD10
09-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Mach 1 ftw! :D

LiquidLife
09-18-2008, 04:49 PM
I know this isn't an option that's listed, but you could get a superbike and two helmets if you are of the mindset on picking up sluts, :)Â* gas mileage, cool factor, fast as hell $10k

EVO Neil
09-18-2008, 04:53 PM

lol, Josh I agree. I just wanted to point out how biased people can be when they havent even step foot in a 'Vette.

I've set foot in more than a few Corvettes over the years...on the street...on the track and running the numbers that you've probably quoted from the magazines and I'll still take the Evo...any day. It's not that I don't like or respect the Corvette or Z06, it's what I preferred after extensively spending time in both. I put my money where my mouth was and bought the Evo when I could have afforded either.

And if your purchase decision involves what the ladies will think, you have issues that driving a Corvette won't fix.

blueprint
09-18-2008, 04:56 PM
you posted this on an evo forum and your going to get biased opinions. likewise if u posted this in a vette forum.

ultimately the decision is yours. before i bought my evo i was in the market for everything and after extensive research i opted on the evo for numerous reasons, one of the primary reasons is Looks and Practicallity.

LiquidLife
09-18-2008, 04:57 PM
You know what I've been wanting to do, is take a vette or similar car, turbocharge it and modify to make it AWD.

fusionchicken
09-18-2008, 05:05 PM
yeah a modded LSx with awd will really be something...all that low end torque being usable will be sweet as hell

1WkdEvo
09-18-2008, 06:13 PM

Oh my young Marine, lol, he said WEEKEND car, not track car. And yea lots of cars break at the track INCLUDING Evos, lol.

ANOTHER screen name?

;-)

rocinevoIX
09-18-2008, 06:32 PM
ZO6 ftw....

MinusPrevious
09-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Everyone!!!!..........Im sure Im one of the oldest new EVO owners here............I could have purchased a Corvette as my weekend driver but ultimately picked the EVO 9 RS (Im too old for the wing :D).......Im not a big Ego person & wanted something lower radar status than the Vette (You know, 4 door sedan w/ NUTS!!).........Im not going Corvette, with the Modified White Teeth, Driving gloves & the small D#2K).........Real drivers drive the EVO.......Vette lovers need to leave the house :2funny:

srjohns
09-18-2008, 10:01 PM
It's funny how the word"fanboy" is used as if the person that is using it is all grown up, but that is such a childish thing to say... anyways, I had mentioned in my previous post that I went from an VIII to a C6 Z, then less than a year later back into an evo, in X form, just personal preference, thats all... the evo is a more enjoyable car to drive.

Its really gonna be up to what he is comfortable driving in anyways, and I really don't think that he should utilize any biased opinions in this thread to make his decision, because everyone is right in that aspect, that this is an evo forum, and you're going to get evo lopsided, its the nature of the beast.

EVO Neil
09-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Do what I always say when asked about Evo versus STi, drive both and decide? It's your payment, why do you even care about what others think? Especially others that have no experience in both vehicles? What valuable input are they really giving you? If YOU like the Corvette better than buy it! If you buy it and decide later that you miss the Evo, then sell it and buy another Evo, it's quite simple really. Do what you want.

LiquidLife
09-19-2008, 09:29 AM
yeah a modded LSx with awd will really be something...all that low end torque being usable will be sweet as hell

Exactly! It would bring tears of joy to my eyes

fusionchicken
09-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Do what I always say when asked about Evo versus STi, drive both and decide? It's your payment, why do you even care about what others think? Especially others that have no experience in both vehicles? What valuable input are they really giving you? If YOU like the Corvette better than buy it! If you buy it and decide later that you miss the Evo, then sell it and buy another Evo, it's quite simple really. Do what you want.

and................../thread.

Exactly!Â* It would bring tears of joy to my eyes

i would also cry out of joy. furiously.

LiquidLife
09-19-2008, 10:30 AM
nice

LiquidLife
09-19-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm eventually going to do that, just workin on bills right now... It's gonna be a blast

STIH8TER
09-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Evo... one reason... i own one! lol.

LiquidLife
09-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Look what I found! :-P

C3 Corvette

-Built LT1 swap stroked to 6.2 liters
-Autronic standalone management
-Turbonetics T91 turbo (as big as a freakin' pumpkin)
-Converted to AWD system from Typhoon/Syclone
-Built TH-400 Auto tranny with trans-brake
-ZEX 200 shot direct port N2O
-Fiat Seicento ignition modules

http://www.nogaroblue.com/cars/T91Corvette1.jpg

http://www.nogaroblue.com/cars/T91Corvette2.jpg

http://www.nogaroblue.com/cars/T91Corvette3.jpg

http://www.nogaroblue.com/cars/T91Corvette4.jpg

http://www.nogaroblue.com/cars/T91Corvette5.jpg

http://www.nogaroblue.com/cars/T91Corvette6.jpg

Some guy (from the forum I got these pics from) said "Nice, Did any humans get sucked into it?" LOL

vial8or
09-19-2008, 05:22 PM
^^wow!!!!

fusionchicken
09-19-2008, 11:12 PM
^HOLY SHAT!!!!

so what does it run? ET? trap speed?

LiquidLife
09-21-2008, 01:07 AM
It was said to get 9 seconds on the 1/4 mile on the track in the pics, but also that the traction on that track was the shittiest in the world, high HP cars were spinnin tires all the way down the track, hahaha.Â* Anyway, look at the size of that freakin' turbo, man that car is exactly what we've been talking about fusionchicken.

bluefire7002
09-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Im sorry i love my evo to death and all but i would take this in a heartbeat

http://www.crankshafted.com/upload/files/13/most-awesome-z06-007.jpg

skylinefolife
09-21-2008, 02:29 AM
^Yes! Z06 for the win...

The OP did mention it wasn't going to be a track car. I would pick up a Z06 over an Evo any day. For the right price :-P

Hmm... Try looking for a C6 Z06. You might be able to find one for around 40's.

timemasheen
09-21-2008, 10:16 AM
as much as i hate to say it....... Z06 is fast as hell!!

EVO Neil
09-21-2008, 10:29 AM
As we used to say when testing cars, the number is what the number is but that's only half of the story. It's how it delivers that number that also counts for something. Some vehicles get a better number than they deserve, some not as good. The driving experience is why the Porshce 911 gets the nod in most comparison, because you are hard-wired in to the experience and it's very, very good. The balance is perfection. The Corvettes driving experience isn't in the same league as the Porsche's, it doesn't communicate with its driver very well and you are along for the ride, not really a part of it. In Z06-form, it's like Mr. Toads wild ride...you'd better be hanging on. For some that is what they prefer (possibly because they don't know any better), but I choose a well-balanced vehicle that makes you part of the experience. To each his own!

fastkevin
09-21-2008, 10:49 AM
I looked at getting a Vette before I picked up the 10. Even the base coup (430hp) with the Z51 suspnsion package is hard to touch on the track. I've always thought of the Vette as I've thought of the Harley. Impossible to look at objectively because of the majority of it's owner's being douche-bags, creating an image of a middle-aged blue-blockers, member's only jacket, izod gloves wearing fool behind the wheel. The car in and of itself is a really good track car.
I figured since GM is in the toilet, I'd get a really good deal on one. They have their "employee pricing" going on, but beyond that, the dealers aren't doing anything. They're making full pop on 'em because GM is subsidizing them. No good financing or leases made me give up on it.

skylinefolife
09-21-2008, 01:34 PM
As we used to say when testing cars, the number is what the number is but that's only half of the story. It's how it delivers that number that also counts for something. Some vehicles get a better number than they deserve, some not as good. The driving experience is why the Porshce 911 gets the nod in most comparison, because you are hard-wired in to the experience and it's very, very good. The balance is perfection. The Corvettes driving experience isn't in the same league as the Porsche's, it doesn't communicate with its driver very well and you are along for the ride, not really a part of it. In Z06-form, it's like Mr. Toads wild ride...you'd better be hanging on. For some that is what they prefer (possibly because they don't know any better), but I choose a well-balanced vehicle that makes you part of the experience. To each his own!

How much more is the 911? I like the 911 GT3 but those are expensive!

EVO Neil
09-21-2008, 04:04 PM

How much more is the 911? I like the 911 GT3 but those are expensive!

That should be a point in the discussion also. It's not like the Evo and Corvette are in the same price range.

skylinefolife
09-21-2008, 04:20 PM
^Of course they are not in the same price range, but the performance is :-P

I just love the sound of a V8...

fusionchicken
09-21-2008, 07:36 PM
evo and ls2/3 c6 in the same league of performance? maybe from a dig with a so-so ls2 c6 driver and on rough terrains...everywhere else the c6 will dominate. the ls3 makes 380-390rwhp stock for cryin out loud, and traps 116mph in the 1/4 lawl

and yeah like Neil said numbers are only half the story...truer words have never been spoken. it's why i love my current car even though the Evo would rip it a new a-hole in every performance category (turbo lag isn't a category unfortunately)

skylinefolife
09-21-2008, 08:01 PM
evo and ls2/3 c6 in the same league of performance? maybe from a dig with a so-so ls2 c6 driver and on rough terrains...everywhere else the c6 will dominate. the ls3 makes 380-390rwhp stock for cryin out loud, and traps 116mph in the 1/4 lawl

and yeah like Neil said numbers are only half the story...truer words have never been spoken. it's why i love my current car even though the Evo would rip it a new a-hole in every performance category (turbo lag isn't a category unfortunately)

lol read my previous posts. that comment was being referred to the c6 z06 vs the 911 turbo... :crazy2:

35Evo
09-21-2008, 11:10 PM
I like the feeling of beating someone that spends a shit load on a car for what they get. I could buy a used Evo for 22K put 9K into it and it will blow any modded Z06-C6 out of the water, from dig or freeway. It costs to much to mod a corvette anyways. Not worth it in my eyes! My 2 cents.

1WkdEvo
09-21-2008, 11:16 PM
^^^Are passing out free crack with your posts too?

fastkevin
09-21-2008, 11:51 PM
I like the feeling of beating someone that spends a shit load on a car for what they get. I could buy a used Evo for 22K put 9K into it and it will blow any modded Z06-C6 out of the water, from dig or freeway. It costs to much to mod a corvette anyways. Not worth it in my eyes! My 2 cents.

Damn! I could afford to buy a Vette if you'd race me for pink slips after I did :2funny:

35Evo
09-22-2008, 04:51 AM
Damn! I could afford to buy a Vette if you'd race me for pink slips after I did :2funny:

It is what it is. ;) My buddies brother has a Lambo Diablo, my buddy has an Evo 8 with, HTA35r, built head, 272's, boost controler, Ams/Ems, and not tuned. He beat his brothers Diablo by 3 carsÂ* on the freeway, he was even on pump. Lambo puts 500+ down to the wheels.
Dont get me wrong, vettes are cool, if your old. :2funny: :2funny:

35Evo
09-22-2008, 04:53 AM

I wouldn't mind a vette. Pinks, huh, sounds like a plan. I could buy some cool shit for my Evo after I sold your vette.

35Evo
09-22-2008, 04:54 AM
^^^Are passing out free crack with your posts too?

I assume you're asking me if I am passingÂ* out free crack with my posts... go back to school! O0

1WkdEvo
09-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Been to too much school, but thanks for continuing to demonstrate your idiocy...it's my favorite part of these boards :-)

LiquidLife
09-22-2008, 09:08 AM
I want a V8 AWD, that was the point of posting that corvette for any of you that didn't read from the beginning. Yeah, I agree 1WkdEvo... sadly, I enjoy the idiocy also...

fastkevin
09-22-2008, 10:57 PM

It is what it is. ;) My buddies brother has a Lambo Diablo, my buddy has an Evo 8 with, HTA35r, built head, 272's, boost controler, Ams/Ems, and not tuned. He beat his brothers Diablo by 3 cars on the freeway, he was even on pump. Lambo puts 500+ down to the wheels.

Buddy's brother's uncle's pet llama? What's so hard about freeway racing? How much skill's invlolved mashing down on the accelerator?
I'm talking on the track, where the car's capabilities are actually tested

35Evo
09-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Been to too much school, but thanks for continuing to demonstrate your idiocy...it's my favorite part of these boards :-)

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: O0

35Evo
09-22-2008, 11:44 PM

It is what it is. ;) My buddies brother has a Lambo Diablo, my buddy has an Evo 8 with, HTA35r, built head, 272's, boost controler, Ams/Ems, and not tuned. He beat his brothers Diablo by 3 cars on the freeway, he was even on pump. Lambo puts 500+ down to the wheels.

Buddy's brother's uncle's pet llama? What's so hard about freeway racing? How much skill's invlolved mashing down on the accelerator?
I'm talking on the track, where the car's capabilities are actually tested

how'd you know about his llama???

03v8slayer
09-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Ok guys i asked on here because i know some of u have had both cars and wanted to see what u thought of both. I have always loved the vette but i did have a VIII and really loved the evo. But i still need to test drive the vette before i make a choice. And no its not to pick up girls in i can do that myself. I just want a car for the weekends that i can really enjoy. I love all perfromance cars and the evo use to make me so happy to just take it out and drive but at the time it was my dd and i also hated it at times do to me moding it. I am almost 95% sure i am going with a IX in ethier blue or red. Seeing it is cheaper all around i belive for the most part and i loved my VIII so i should love the IX. But i don't want to mod the car all out like i did with my VIII. I'm still looking around to at other cars to see which one will bring me the most joy for the weekend. See i am a marine and i realize now i need a perfromance car in my life i can't live with out one.Thanks for all ur input guys

afrantz
09-23-2008, 07:05 AM
I have driven both and enjoyed my experiences thoroughly. Make sure to drive the corvette before you lean to far toward the Evo. They are very different vehicles, but they are both awesome in their own right. Good luck with your car shopping.

LiquidLife
09-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Ok guys i asked on here because i know some of u have had both cars and wanted to see what u thought of both. I have always loved the vette but i did have a VIII and really loved the evo. But i still need to test drive the vette before i make a choice. And no its not to pick up girls in i can do that myself. I just want a car for the weekends that i can really enjoy. I love all perfromance cars and the evo use to make me so happy to just take it out and drive but at the time it was my dd and i also hated it at times do to me moding it. I am almost 95% sure i am going with a IX in ethier blue or red. Seeing it is cheaper all around i belive for the most part and i loved my VIII so i should love the IX. But i don't want to mod the car all out like i did with my VIII. I'm still looking around to at other cars to see which one will bring me the most joy for the weekend. See i am a marine and i realize now i need a perfromance car in my life i can't live with out one.Thanks for all ur input guys

How did you manage to write a whole paragraph on that?Â* Dude just get whatever you want, live the dream!

03v8slayer
09-23-2008, 10:27 AM
I learned how to strech things out in school for pappers. Its just alot of money and i am taking my time to decide which one i want thanks for ur input.

1WkdEvo
09-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Neither car will smoke the Fit so why bother ;-)

RSevoIX
09-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Look what I found!Â* :-P

C3 Corvette

-Built LT1 swap stroked to 6.2 liters
-Autronic standalone management
-Turbonetics T91 turbo (as big as a freakin' pumpkin)
-Converted to AWD system from Typhoon/Syclone
-Built TH-400 Auto tranny with trans-brake
-ZEX 200 shot direct port N2O
-Fiat Seicento ignition modules

http://www.nogaroblue.com/cars/T91Corvette1.jpg

http://www.nogaroblue.com/cars/T91Corvette2.jpg

http://www.nogaroblue.com/cars/T91Corvette3.jpg

http://www.nogaroblue.com/cars/T91Corvette4.jpg

http://www.nogaroblue.com/cars/T91Corvette5.jpg

http://www.nogaroblue.com/cars/T91Corvette6.jpg

Some guy (from the forum I got these pics from) said "Nice, Did any humans get sucked into it?"Â* LOL

OMG!!! :-o i wonder how many little birds that thing has sucked in!!Â* :D oh yeah i like that ball resreservoir VEE DUUUB!

fusionchicken
09-24-2008, 12:38 PM

lol read my previous posts. that comment was being referred to the c6 z06 vs the 911 turbo...Â* :crazy2:

oops sorry lol reading comprehension > me

fusionchicken
09-24-2008, 12:45 PM

hey, i have an even better idea. how about instead of getting an Evo for $22k and adding $9k to it, i get a civic hatch and make it 902948172034987whp for $0.85 and rip apart the space-time continuum every time i engage the furiously angry 3rd gear vTAK?

ricer math ftmfl.

LiquidLife
09-24-2008, 01:43 PM
2 cents indeed

35Evo
09-24-2008, 08:21 PM

hey, i have an even better idea. how about instead of getting an Evo for $22k and adding $9k to it, i get a civic hatch and make it 902948172034987whp for $0.85 and rip apart the space-time continuum every time i engage the furiously angry 3rd gear vTAK?

ricer math ftmfl.

Wow, I guess I should take it as ur f**kin gay... Internet Gangsta!!!!

fusionchicken
09-24-2008, 11:13 PM
ow :(

Sxhawnn
09-24-2008, 11:21 PM
i honestly can't believe the results of this poll. I'd go with a C6 any day of the week.

Jap_WHiP
09-24-2008, 11:24 PM
zO6... Evos are horrible little bastard cars!

Be a MAN and get a MAN's car; get a zO6!!!!

CASH$ MONEY
09-25-2008, 04:19 AM
:peewee:

EVO Neil
09-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Wow, this thread is so done!

vial8or
09-25-2008, 08:34 AM
^^lmao hell ya

LiquidLife
09-25-2008, 10:46 AM
put a v8 in the Evo

EVO Neil
09-25-2008, 11:31 AM
^^ If you did that it would lose the balance it has from having a four-cylinder engine in the front.

LiquidLife
09-25-2008, 12:38 PM
why so serioius?Â* no shit, it's like steping on a skateboard. :) I expected someone would say that though.

vial8or
09-25-2008, 02:47 PM
put a v8 in the Evo

LMAO!! that's what I say to the muscle heads on streetfire when they get beat by us, and say "ya well put a turbo on us and see what happens"

I'll be like stfu redneck, put a 6liter v8 in our car and see what happens too

lol

LiquidLife
09-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I think the car I would really want is a twin turbo viper with wheels that are so wide in the rear that it just looks like one big wheel.

vietunit
10-05-2008, 07:39 PM
z06.
slut magnets > ticket magnets

fastkevin
10-05-2008, 07:56 PM
i honestly can't believe the results of this poll.

Look again at what board you're on