PDA

View Full Version : 08 Yamaha R1 ***Stolen*** Glendale Area.

blueprint
09-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Man... worst feeling ever.Â* My bike was stolen from my work (GLENDALE ADVENTIST MEDICAL CENTER) sometime during the evening/early morning hours.Â* Got off work around 8AM this morning and head down to the employee structure to where i usually park the motorcycle.Â* I came down the stairs and around the corner to find my bike missing... thinking in my head i might have parked it elsewhere i roamed the employee parking structure and found nothing.Â* At this point im getting angry at myself for deciding to ride to work last night as i usually don't but decided to anyway.Â* Stupid me for leaving it unattended in a secured/employee parking structure.

Bike was gone so i head over to hospital security and talked to the security manager whom i know.Â* Discussed what happened and we walk over to the area where i parked my bike.Â* We roamed the area and we walk over to the emergency exit which is closed off.Â* The little gate that closes the exit was cut and the permament cones that close the driveway were easily knocked over.Â* He said this is unusual in the structure and a first.Â* He said he's had cars stolen around the hospital but never in the structure.Â* There are 3 cameras in the structure.Â* One in the primary entrance, one in the primary exit and another on the first two floors.Â* I was parked in the 3rd floor... no cameras and none around the emergency exit.

So we drive around and found nothing.Â* At this point i've come to the realization that my bike is gone.Â* We contacted Glendale Police and they took down all my information and my story.Â* They saw the gate and told me this was where they came in and out.Â* Picked up the bike and threw it into a van or truck.Â* He told me bikes are easy targets and if left unattended no security lock will keep them from taking it.Â* I knew that and i took the risk of riding to work.Â* I've ridden to work numerous times and im highly suspicious it was probably an employee or exemployee of the hospital.

Got the report and contacted my insurance.Â* The bike was completely stock and in immaculate condition.Â* It pains me to know that some jack@ss thief is out there with my bike probably stripping it and selling it off for parts.Â* I know it won't be recovered but im hopeful.Â* There is nothing on the motorcycle to distinguish it from other R1's as it was completely stock.Â* It had two locks on her, a disc brake lock and the stock handle bar lock.

Please for those in the Glendale and surrounding areas be on the lookout for a 08 RED YAMAHA R1.Â* Here are a few pictures.
http://a360.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/113/l_0d9df2e9e3baf60f32f5d8681f85515f.jpg
http://a493.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/89/l_3a1aae7ab503ce4a63bc167896a8bc14.jpg
http://a171.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/72/l_4d604ee22023411d1fc32a429da51b0a.jpg

Thanks.
Allen

05cbr600
09-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Damn this sucks! I hear more and more about this now. Thats why I get paranoid when I leave my bike anywhere unnatended. But just a heads up if you decide to get another bike, invest in lo-jack, probably the best investment many of us riders have made.

raulsevo123
09-23-2008, 06:25 PM
wow that sucks dude i been there 2 and my bike was 1 week old. best of luck

blueprint
09-23-2008, 06:32 PM
LoJack or some kind of GPS tracking as well as an alarm for sure on my next bike. I never leave my bike unattended but i figured it should be ok in the parking structure.

Mister
09-23-2008, 06:36 PM
So sorry to hear man!
Completely weird that they took it from a secured parking garage!
So no camera was able to even catch a glimpse of who took it?? I would review the tapes.

skylinefolife
09-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Wow... I always wondered why bikes aren't stolen as much as lets say, Civics.

Is it even safe to leave a bike out there? It seems so defenseless

I'm sorry about that man, but I think bikes are easy targets for most people and that's what sucks :'(

Lets hope you get it back, but it will most likely be in a bad shape :|

kimletrim
09-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Damn Allen. As soon as I read the title, I was hoping it wasn't you, but to no avail. Sorry for the bad news.

blueprint
09-23-2008, 06:45 PM
So sorry to hear man!
Completely weird that they took it from a secured parking garage!
So no camera was able to even catch a glimpse of who took it?? I would review the tapes.

at night there is no security walking the structure and it is a closed lot. Â*Unfortunately there are no cameras on the level i left my bike at. Â*I saw the tapes of me pulling into the lot last night but i had to leave shortly after to speak with police. Â*The security manager at the hospital said he will review the tape and will contact me if he finds anything.

really upset.... now im scared to park my evo there.

skylinefolife
09-23-2008, 06:51 PM
^Im sure its a lot harder to steal an Evo...

Where did you used to park?

DruMMinStUd06
09-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Sorry to hear...whats insurance saying?

blueprint
09-23-2008, 06:55 PM
i park the evo in the same floor i parked the bike. Â*going to be more cautious now and park the evo on the first floor and check on her during my breaks. Â*i need a daily.

blueprint
09-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Sorry to hear...whats insurance saying?

i reported it to my agent and i faxed the police report earlier this afternoon. this is the first time i've had anything stolen from me and im new to the whole process, never had an accident as well so dealing with insurance is very new to me. i have an appointment with Progressive insurance tomorrow morning so we'll see how it goes.

CASH$ MONEY
09-23-2008, 07:15 PM
:-o

MRevo9
09-23-2008, 07:19 PM
WHAT!!!!!

FUCK THIEVES!!

Allen dude this sucks! i knew i should of held on to ur helmet for a few days before i gave it back to u. this sucks donky balls! i hope that who ever took it gets whats coming to them!

let me know if there is anything i can do to help

dabie
09-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Damn! I was admiring your bike when you stopped by last night! Â*I was also curious as to how you safeguarded it while you were working.. Â*I can't believe some people...You really need to pickup a DD man.

05cbr600
09-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey if you need a DD let me know. Im selling my 99 Se-R for cheap.....

blueprint
09-23-2008, 07:52 PM
thanks guys.

i had a disc brake lock and the handle bar lock. there is nothing to chain it too so i left that. there is no way they would've been able to roll the bike so they most definitely had to have picked it up.

will keep u all posted.

dabie
09-23-2008, 07:57 PM
I know what will get your mind off this, and it occurs on Friday..

MRevo9
09-23-2008, 08:56 PM
I know what will get your mind off this, and it occurs on Friday..

lol

blueprint
09-23-2008, 10:02 PM
*sigh...

after today i need to work extra hours and save up some $$$. i need a daily. :)

skylinefolife
09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Hmm... thoughts for a DD?

hellgunner
09-23-2008, 10:49 PM
sorry to hear man.....best of luck!

ayenoc
09-24-2008, 12:19 AM
i will keep an eye bro!

PUNISHER
09-24-2008, 12:42 AM
damn, WTF, damn thieves.!!!! Sorry to hear that bro, but unfortunately bikes are pretty hard to be recovered. I sure hope those guys get what they deserve... it might be an inside job, fellow co-worker that knows the ins and outs of that place.

TheTank
09-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Have the same color bike but an 05 R1. It's actually for sale cause I'm done riding to many crazy drivers in California.

Hate to say it but your bikes done. They won't find it and if for some reason they do, it's going to be unrecognizeable. Sorry bro.

evolution8mirage
01-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Ok well obviously it had to be someone in the building becuase its weird that they took it from the 3rd floor (No Cameras) and exit through the emergency exit (also no cameras). i would say it was someone from the hospital because they knew there was no cameras. just my opinion