PDA

View Full Version : Boost gauge help

kartman
09-26-2008, 04:03 PM
I just installed my stri 60mm boost gauge everything is all set up. All I need is to get it wired up, I was wondering if anybody could help or point me to a shop around southern orange county that would do it for a reasonable price. thanks

maikumaru
09-26-2008, 04:40 PM
dynamic has always been cool...hell id do it for you...what do you need find power and ground?

kartman
09-26-2008, 05:45 PM
well theres four different wires, I don't wanna bother so I don't mess anything up ya know. Ill probably end up at dynamics though cause it close.

maikumaru
09-26-2008, 05:51 PM
is it a DSD or x line gauge?
where do you have it mounted...should be real quick I would reckon...

is it a red-->power
black-->ground
and yellow wire-->illumination

take no joke 10 minutes to wire up...id help no sweat...

if you want to wire the thing up this weekend just let me know...might be able to help tonight or sunday evening...

kartman
09-26-2008, 06:28 PM
its a dsd gauge. I haven't done anything yet, so im probably gonna check it out and try this weekend. It has a black, orange yellow and red wire. It says the red is a 12 volt constant and the orange is the ignition, yellow illumination and black ground. Where is the best place to wire this up on the car?

maikumaru
09-26-2008, 08:21 PM
THere are a couple places that are no worries. The best I believe would be in the headunit as everything you need would be there (if you have the plastic splice things even easier)

I know some people put theres on the steering column and all of what you need is there as well.

Good luck with it, if you have the vacuum hose already hooked up you are halfway there...the wiring is easy and save yourself an hours worth of labor. ($70 or there abouts)

let me know if you run into any troubles

mike

kartman
09-26-2008, 08:32 PM
cool thanks alot man, I'm gonna tackle this on sunday and let you know how it goes.

chris

mitsuEVO8kid
09-27-2008, 12:28 AM
If you want, I can do the wiring for you...live in South OC as well...Pm me qith any questions

kartman
09-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Alright so I got it all installed everything is working:) but the only thing is, is that it seems to be laggy when the boost goes up, but when the gauge turns on the needle works perfect, but its laggy when the car is actually running. I was thinking its maybe the wiring, other than that everything works fine. Any input would be great.

maikumaru
09-28-2008, 04:18 PM
do you mean when you step on the gas the gauge is slow to react?

illumination and everything ok?

kartman
09-28-2008, 05:01 PM
ya it is slow to react, illumination and everything else work fine.

maikumaru
09-29-2008, 08:53 AM
hrm...the only thing I could think of is perhaps a kink in the vacuum tubing...where is the tubing connected to in the car?

honestly I am not that familiar with the STRI gauges.

How laggy is it?

pikadosboy
09-29-2008, 10:37 AM
from where did you get the vacum line?

kartman
09-29-2008, 01:37 PM
it just seems to stick, its not smooth at all. that's what I was thinking. Ill have to check that out.the vacuum line came with the gauge. there's not much line cause its all electronic...

mitsuEVO8kid
10-08-2008, 08:42 AM
but the "electronic" part is that so it can illuminate for you. It still gets its reading from the vacuum lines. No vacuum=no boost to read....Check your lines