PDA

View Full Version : Things I want to know about my X

NRG
10-01-2008, 10:45 PM
I just wanted to consolidate a list of things you guys have experienced with and can point me in the right direction so if a question or two was answered already, don't kill me.

1. Does wheels/rims that fits the IX will fit on my X?

2. How much work and money would it be to swap the steering wheel from a MR to my GSR?Â* The reason for this is I want the volume control and bluetooth on my steering wheel and the AWC where the e-brake area is.

3. Are the brembos the same as on the IX so that a brake pad from the IX can fit the X.

4. Has anyone swapped out the HID bulbs yet? Was it hard?Â* Did you have to take off the bumper?

5. Guys with Navi. Do you know if the navi has self adapting functions where it will learn the routes you normally take?

Thanks in advance...

smokd
10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
wow...

seph09
10-01-2008, 11:09 PM
#1same bolt pattern but will depend on the offset, I believe the X has bigger brembo brakes. so 17s are :D
#2no need, just have it installed http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2718
#3call steve at service LOL and for #2
#4someone did, to lazy to search and paste the link... I think the bulbs were 9006 and h11 for the fog...

pls correct me if I'm wrong... I'm just typing off my head here... GL!

#5 not an owner :'(

kimletrim
10-02-2008, 12:03 AM
I just wanted to consolidate a list of things you guys have experienced with and can point me in the right direction so if a question or two was answered already, don't kill me.

1. Does wheels/rims that fits the IX will fit on my X?

2. How much work and money would it be to swap the steering wheel from a MR to my GSR?Â* The reason for this is I want the volume control and bluetooth on my steering wheel and the AWC where the e-brake area is.

3. Are the brembos the same as on the IX so that a brake pad from the IX can fit the X.

4. Has anyone swapped out the HID bulbs yet? Was it hard?Â* Did you have to take off the bumper?

5. Guys with Navi. Do you know if the navi has self adapting functions where it will learn the routes you normally take?

Thanks in advance...

As previously stated, the stock wheels on the IX and the VIII are 17 inchers while the X comes with 18 inchers. But as a general rule, 18 inch rims that you could fit on a IX will fit on the X. But you should rethink using the same rims even if it does fit because the X will allow you to run more aggressive offset with a bit less headache than the IX.

The steering wheel controls are nothing exclusive to the MR. You can order the parts and have them installed. The process is a bit tedious, but it can be done.

When you ask about swapping the HID bulbs do you mean swapping the HID bulbs on the SSS package to higher intensity bulbs or do you mean taking a headlight from a non SSS packaged Evo and putting HID bulbs in? If you did not get the SSS package, then that mean you have halogens and you don't have projector lens as the SSS HID equipped Evo X. You can just put in HID bulbs in a non SSS Evo X, but you still won't have the projector lens. taking off the bumper would really help.

Sorry, I don't have the Navi, so I don't know. But I hear the Navi in the Evo is really nice.

NRG
10-02-2008, 08:34 AM
^^I mean changing just the bulbs on an already HID system. I swapped my IX HID bulbs with 8k (blueish) and now I am looking at the X and it seems very very yellowish to me....You know when you have an audi or bmw next to you and you look at the paved ground ahead of you, you will clearly see the white/blue color coming from the bmw making yours very yellow...

NRG
10-02-2008, 08:35 AM
And is there any way to turn off that damn daytime running lights?

kimletrim
10-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Take out the fuse for the DRL.

NRG
10-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Take out the fuse for the DRL.

Did you do that or is it only me who wants to do it?

kimletrim
10-02-2008, 11:56 AM
I did it because one of the bulbs blew out a week after I bought the X.

SpySat
10-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Did you do that or is it only me who wants to do it? On my X MR I took out the DRL bulbs. When I need to blind some shitiot coming at me, I use the high beams.

Next to automatic seat belts, DRL is the dumbest thing ever put on motorcars.

Hard8LJ
10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
#1, Seph is right. I tried my IX MR BBS on my X but they didnt fit. The rim hit the larger Brembo caliper.