PDA

View Full Version : Club Ralliart?

Mike W
10-02-2008, 03:57 AM
I dont get spinning off the Ralliart people. They have more in common with the EVOX than the X has in common with the 8/9s. Ralliart guys are going to be combing through X posts looking for tidbits of relevent info all the time. 8/9 guys got nothing to look at X stuff other than to get a little jealous for now.

Suspension, brakes, interior stuff will be similar. CAN Bus info and flashing talk will all be similar if not the same between Xs and Ralliarts. Same same motor. Same FMICs, similar piping.

I dont get it. Spinning off to another board just further Balkanizes everything. It makes more places to have to look for any real info. It will dilute the time of the guys that actually know stuff and can answer questions. You made a new message board but you dodnt make any more time in the day :-P

Mike W

S2myEVO
10-02-2008, 04:03 AM
http://clubralliart.com/

EVO Neil
10-02-2008, 07:20 AM
I dont get spinning off the Ralliart people. They have more in common with the EVOX than the X has in common with the 8/9s. Ralliart guys are going to be combing through X posts looking for tidbits of relevent info all the time. 8/9 guys got nothing to look at X stuff other than to get a little jealous for now.

Suspension, brakes, interior stuff will be similar. CAN Bus info and flashing talk will all be similar if not the same between Xs and Ralliarts. Same same motor. Same FMICs, similar piping.

I dont get it. Spinning off to another board just further Balkanizes everything. It makes more places to have to look for any real info. It will dilute the time of the guys that actually know stuff and can answer questions. You made a new message board but you dodnt make any more time in the day :-P

Mike W

Maybe I can answer this one. I finally got to spend some quality time at a Mitsubishi press event for the new Ralliart (you can read my review in the next issue of Total Evolution magazine) and came away with the clear impression that it's not going to be the same buyer. If you are looking for an Evo, you'll buy an Evo. It has too much differentiating it from the Evo to be cross shopped against the Evo. Evo people will buy Evos. I fully believe it won't be a person buying a Ralliart because they can't afford and Evo.

It's just so much different than an Evo, I think most of the sales for the car will be conquest sales. Either someone who's already looking at a Lancer GTS and wants more performance or conquest sales from someone cross shopping say a Mazdaspeed3 or Honda Civic Si and would perfer the additional benefits of all-wheel drive.

Some of the Evo parts will fit but not all, remember their are packaging differences, like the fact that the battery is under the hood in the Ralliart and in the trunk on the Evo X. It changes fitments for components like the intake which is completely different on the Ralliart than it is on the Evo or the Lancer GTS. All three are different. And Mike the FMIC is completely different on Ralliart than on Evo. It's smaller and may be so for those packaging issues I mentioned. I know that between that and the single-scroll turbo is does have less turbo lag than an Evo X. I also don't think you'll see as much modding with the Ralliart, but these are all guesses at best based on my test drive, the impressions the car left me with and my years in this industry. Besides I don't think the Ralliart owners will appreciate the bashing from the Evo owners who are likely, no who will, have a superiority attitude. It offers the Ralliart owners a place of there own and away from all of that.

As always, I could be wrong...time will tell.

evopaul
10-02-2008, 07:25 AM

Mike W

Maybe I can answer this one. I finally got to spend some quality time at a Mitsubishi press event for the new Ralliart (you can read my review in the next issue of Total Evolution magazine) and came away with the clear impression that it's not going to be the same buyer. If you are looking for an Evo, you'll buy and Evo. It has too much differentiating it from the Evo to be cross shopped against the Evo. Evo people will buy Evos. I fully believe it won't be a person buying a Ralliart because they can't afford and Evo.

It's just so much different than an Evo, I think most of the sales for the car will be conquest sales. Either someone who's already looking at a Lancer GTS and wants more performance or conquest sales from someone cross shopping say a Mazdaspeed3 or Honda Civic Si and would perfer the addtional benefits of all-wheel drive.

Some of the Evo parts will fit but not all, remember their are packaging differeces, like the fact that the battery is under the hood in the Ralliart and in the trunk on the Evo X. It changes fitment for components like the intake which is completely different on the Ralliart than it is on the Evo or the Lancer GTS. All three are different. And Mike the FMIC is completey different on Ralliart than on Evo. It's smaller and may be so for those packaging issues I mentioned. I know that between that and the singel scroll turbo is does have less turbo lag than an Evo X. I also don't think you'll see as much modding with the Ralliart, but these are all gueses at best based on my test drive, the impressions the car left me with and my years in this industry. Besides I don't think the Ralliart owners will appreciate the bashing from the Evo owners who are likely, no who will, have a superiority attitude. It offers the Ralliart owners a place of there own and away from all of that.

As always, I could be wrong...time will tell.
Very well said Neil.

vial8or
10-02-2008, 07:36 AM
+1 to neil

Mike W
10-02-2008, 11:51 AM
I cant afford an EVO :-(

Mike W

fastkevin
10-03-2008, 02:47 AM
like the fact that the battery is under the hood in the Ralliart and in the trunk on the Evo X.

Wow.. I didn't know that. I knew I shoulda popped the hood and looked around. :-o
To the topic at hand... as a layman, I would assume that if you have an Evo-specific forum, the Ralliart would be a rational inclusion. Concern about Ralliart owners getting slammed by Evo owners on the forum shouldn't be a decision-making issue, IMO. The mods need to set the tone of the forum, and that kinda crap shouldn't be tolerated. Show me an idiot who feels the need to rip on someone because he feels they're inferior to him because of the car they own, and I'll show you someone who doesn't deserve the privilege of being a member on the forum. I think that could be controlled within reason, pretty quickly. With Evos now approaching $40k (and beyond),Â* the average age of it's owners is bound to go up, and none of us want to deal with immature idiots with that kind of attitude anyway. I'm thinking a lot of people WILL consider the Evo before pulling the trigger on the Ralliart.
Seems reasonable to me that a lot of people's decisions to buy the Ralliart will be heavily influenced by price and insurance costs, and in fact some of the very first posts will be people wondering what "go fast" parts off the Evo will fit on the Ralliart. Typically younger buyers are more effected by price-point, and especially insurance costs, and these are the guys that are most likely to be looking for info on using the aforementioned "go-fast" Evo parts to make their Ralliart faster. Having the two in the same forum would obviously make it easier for these people to collect info, and in my opinion there's going to more of these guys out there than you think. As a matter of fact, I think they're gonna make up the majority of Ralliart owners in the beginning.
At least the majority of the Subaru forums I've visited, have had both WRX and the STI sub-forums on the same site. A lot of people dump STI power packages into their WRXs', and some of them start with a WRX on purpose because they like the look better than the STI. I'm sure there will be people doing it with Ralliarts for that reason as well.
That's my $.02 anyway..

Macky
10-06-2008, 10:12 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=67301.0

see post #14:

Man whoever buys this better not show up at meets and think they cool cause they got an evo wagon, or they are going to get humiliated :grin:

Neil is spot on with the Ralliart bashing thats likely to happen. its not even out yet in substantial numbers and someone already thinks its humiliating for them to associate with the Evo community.

sad.

Mike W
10-23-2008, 06:08 PM
RalliArts make the same power as a stock EVO 8 back in the day. Cost about the same as they did back then too. I still don't get it. Why is a honda boy that buys a used EVO 8 for $14k ok to play here but someone that can afford payments on a $27k new car not?

How does EVOm do it? You all hold your selves up to be a higher standard then that bunch of yahoos, no? They even have Prancers in their forums. Do the "mods" and owners here support e-thuggery then? You going to cowtow to it?

How do scoobie forums stay together with WRXs and STis?

What has more in common? EXO X and RalliArt? Or EVO X and EVO 8?

The other forum y'all made is dead and ghey. Who ever linked to it from the old forum here cant even spell :-P

Speaking of bashing the new and unknown by mother-loving bed-wetting sissies... remember all the EVO X bashing some clowns here did? What's the cool car now?

I'll put a RalliArt sub forum in the RRE forum here then. This is lame. Community my a$$. Elitist skerdy cats more like it.

Mike W

EVO Neil
10-23-2008, 06:19 PM
^^^ Speaking of elitist attitude.

1WkdEvo
10-23-2008, 06:26 PM
This is fun

ixmrgg
10-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Interesting discussion.Â* Got me to thinkin...

...can we make a SocalEvoMR.net to go along with SoCalEvo.net?Â* I paid more for my Evo cos its an MR,Â*and I only want to associate with other uber-leet folks with 6speeds like myself...

:twisted:

Mike W
10-23-2008, 06:59 PM
I just re read my post. What is elite about wanting to have RalliArts here in So Cal EVO? Inclusion and toleration is elitism? Pointing out that the EVO X turned out not to suck is elitism? How do you figure? Or did I get the word wrong? Are you a populist then?

Mike W

Mike W
10-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Interesting discussion. Got me to thinkin...

...can we make a SocalEvoMR.net to go along with SoCalEvo.net? I paid more for my Evo cos its an MR, and I only want to associate with other uber-leet folks with 6speeds like myself...

HAhaha, exactly! Yes m'lord, must not mingle with the great unwashed that touch the clutch pedal with their feet. Uncooth indeed. But wait... the RalliArt people have the same tranny. Man this pecking order gets cornfusing. This is what happens when you let someone with an 89 Mirage turbo in the back door here.

http://roadraceengineering.com/4g61t/MikesMoon.jpg

Mike W

gsrIXevo
10-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Ralliart owners : EvoX ownwers ..... = ..... WRX owners : STI owners

So now EvoX owners will have a lot more in common with other STI owners..... LOL

ebevo
10-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Interesting discussion.Â* Got me to thinkin...

...can we make a SocalEvoMR.net to go along with SoCalEvo.net?Â* I paid more for my Evo cos its an MR, and I only want to associate with other uber-leet folks with 6speeds like myself...

HAhaha, exactly! Yes m'lord, must not mingle with the great unwashed that touch the clutch pedal with their feet. Uncooth indeed. But wait... the RalliArt people have the same tranny. Man this pecking order gets cornfusing. This is what happens when you let someone with an 89 Mirage turbo in the back door here.

http://roadraceengineering.com/4g61t/MikesMoon.jpg

Mike W

LMAO at the driver who got busted for staring :2funny:

ixmrgg
10-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Cornfused is right.Â* Won't there also need to be a ClubRalliartNT.net to distinguish the new one from the older non-turbo'd Ralliarts? Â* Â* Â* :D

(btw Mike, was that pic from the old socaldsm paint-ball meet?)

vial8or
10-24-2008, 01:57 AM
I don't get it. Where the hell is all this super bashing on the new rali-art here???

Link me please. You make it seem it's always discussed and made fun of.

And the raliart and 8 are around the same power? I didn't know that, how would they fair up if they went head to head on the dragstrip/road course?

Mike W
10-24-2008, 09:40 AM
http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=68369.0

http://roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/RalliArt-mmsa/217hp-800.jpg

Nothing but potential. After selling enough SST trannys to satisfy their contract with Getrag, there will be a 5 speed version. That car will kick ass for the money.

Mike W

ixmrgg
10-24-2008, 11:50 AM
dang, those numbers are close to those I got from the dyno at K&N (HPmax=237.2, TQmax=232.5)!

drmosh
10-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Your retarded discussion has been ended.