PDA

View Full Version : How do I Remove/swap My Trunk???

TH3 STIG
10-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I've searched quite a few threads already, and just want to know...how do I remove my trunk? I'm talking about the wires/tubing that goes through the skeleton of the trunk to operate the lock & release mechanisms. My trunk has some damage, and I want to go wingless, and install a c/f trunk I already have.

Any help/guidance to where the how-to is on "how to remove/swap your trunk" would be much, much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

S2myEVO
10-03-2008, 06:36 PM
dang ur a lil far from me otherwise i would say come down buy me some lunch and id do it.

first thing you want to do is take out the wires then unbolt the latch, theres a wedge holding the lock of the trunk in place. not very hard to remove.

then you wanna take the bolts off the rods pushing the trunk up.. then you do everything in reverse.

btw not all carbon trunks fit well so you might have to take off the tension rods which is not easy to do.

TH3 STIG
10-03-2008, 11:21 PM
^^^What area do you live in? Please PM me, or tell me here, and the drive will probably be worth my while.

Lemme know,
Jason

boostinbyyou
10-04-2008, 01:09 AM
drive to anaheim.....

we will help you out........

S2myEVO
10-04-2008, 01:14 AM
yeah i PM'd him already.

JOOTZ
10-04-2008, 08:28 AM
drive to anaheim.....

we will help you out........

yeah i PM'd him already.

good looking

TH3 STIG
10-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Are there any good online tutorials? Â*I've finally got some tools, but I'm also down to drive down south for help...I live in Hawthorne/Lennox. Â*Yoshi, sorry I've been so slow to reply. Â*If you're still down to help me, please, let me know, and lunch is on me.

Peace,
Jason

TH3 STIG
10-06-2008, 08:19 PM
^^^Also, I need to know Seibon c/f trunk torque specs for all bolts involved...if that's available (it doesn't seem so on Seibon's website).

J

boostinbyyou
10-06-2008, 09:40 PM
tighten them by hand, you will know when is too much....there is no torq specs...

drive down at night, it will only take you 25mins....

it will take less time to actually install the trunk....

and yes the wires and key lock are a b!tch...

TH3 STIG
10-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Hey! Are you Yoshi? If so, PM me an address to meet you at, and I'll be down whenever you're available, basically.

Also, thanks to everybody who's been willing to help a brutha out...I really do appreciate it.

Peace,
Jason

boostinbyyou
10-07-2008, 12:06 AM
yoshi is a good friend of mine, we are with the BP meet....

if you cruz to the BP meet on wed. night you will have over 20 members to help out....we do installs there all the time....

i always have my toolbox in the car so cruz out.....it will be fun....

TH3 STIG
10-07-2008, 03:55 PM
^^^Sounds good. I will most likely be there tomorrow night. I've been dying to get back into meets.

J

Jap_WHiP
10-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Just start taking shit apart and FIGURE IT OUT!

I Swear, This new GENeration is filled with pussies!

Damn, are people that mechanically UN-inclined?

Do you have to have a MANUAL to take a Shit TOO ?!

Stop with the GEARS OF WAR and pick up a GOT DAMN Wrench every now and again....

NativeSS
10-12-2008, 10:41 PM

I Swear, This new GENeration is filled pussies!

Stop with the GEARS OF WAR and pick up a GOT DAMN Wrench every now and again....

i'm more of a call of duty guy myself...

GilbertFlores
10-12-2008, 10:44 PM

YES!!!! finally someone says it.

i love this guy!! lol

anyway, you can roll to my house tomorrow if you havent done it yet. ill show you how. let me know. im in 90670

TH3 STIG
10-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Hey, @sshole! How are you doing? Been a jerk to enough board members to make your sorry @$$ self feel better today?
For your information, I did just take my own trunk off--thank you very much!

I asked how I remove my trunk so that I wouldn't f@ck it up, jerkoff. Plus, I'm did it myself, and for the first time. I'm sorry I don't have your adventurous nack in hacking my car apart.

F@ck you,
Jason

i'm more of a call of duty guy myself...

TH3 STIG
10-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Call me a pussy again in public, and I'll make you wish you never talked to me.

J

gsrIXevo
10-29-2008, 06:56 PM
lol.... dude.. if you met jap_whip in person.. just make fun of USC football this year.. and you will be vindicated...LOL

but on the real... we all learned how to do what your asking by just taking the car apart slowly... first rule of working on a car is dont be affarid to fuck up... if u are.. then go pay somebody to do it for you.

.02 ... and shit should never be taken serious on the internet.. there is no such thing as "emotional attachment".. through the web....LOL

CRX2EVO
10-31-2008, 07:50 AM

J

calm down pussy

and this isn't the "public" it's the intardnet

BigBadEvoSE9
10-31-2008, 02:00 PM
lol.... dude.. if you met jap_whip in person.. just make fun of USC football this year.. and you will be vindicated...LOL

but on the real... we all learned how to do what your asking by just taking the car apart slowly... first rule of working on a car is dont be affarid to fuck up... if u are.. then go pay somebody to do it for you.

.02 ... and shit should never be taken serious on the internet.. there is no such thing as "emotional attachment".. through the web....LOL

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/bigbadmrt/2316285242_06d259bd5e.jpg

gsrIXevo
11-03-2008, 08:49 PM
^^^^+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000

LOL...... ( i cant fuckin type.....LOLLLLLLLLLLLllllllllllllololol)

S2myEVO
11-03-2008, 08:52 PM
damn everyone stealin my pics. hahahah

sall good

pjb00stin
11-03-2008, 10:36 PM
zomfg that pic is so friggen funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBadEvoSE9
11-04-2008, 10:14 AM
damn everyone stealin my pics. hahahah

sall good

sorry bro, but its a damn good pic to have around

steezEVO
11-05-2008, 03:44 PM

J

jfiler?