PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on rants and peeves here...

The0ne
10-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Before we start please be nice and courteous in your reply.

I'm new to the forums and while I don't use many of them much at all I do, from time to time, find them insightful, helpful and fascinating. One of the reasons I signed up on this board was because of all the high praise for SolCal Mitsu. Granted that has been justify to some extent and my research and patience paved the way to allow Sam to give me a good deal on a X.Â* This wouldn't have been possible if their reputation wasn't so. Now that brings me to what I wanted to say in the first place.

Recently I read a thread about SolCal refusing any dealings with a customer because of his IPOD installation. I'm sure many of you remember because the thread was quite long and heavily debated. I tended to side with the Poster because of what he stated and simply because I believe SolCal could have done more if the value their customers...in this case the Poster. This is a wonderful thread for anyone to have read through even it finding the truth is hard. The reason being, at least for me, it shows the reader where some users are coming from, where the supplier (SolCal) stands, and so forth.

Sadly, however, the thread has been locked and sealed away in "The Cellar" where I didn't realize until I started searching. Why should a moderator move a thread there when it's reserved for 1 year old threads? In most cases that I've seen with threads being locked, they are locked, left alone until other threads push it down or until the time for archiving comes around. Yet in this case, I believe it was purposely thrown in the cellar to avoid having it read further by anyone else. Why is this important? Well, it's important because for users like myself I come in here to get a better feeling on other users and suppliers. And that thread is a crucial piece of information independent of who's right or wrong and should not be hidden away.

Therefore, for the sake of sanity, please move the thread back to General where it can be found more easily by others such as myself. I have already lost a night sleep over this thinking way too much about it and why. It somehow always ends to an analogy of Bush (his team) doing what he wants and screwing us all. But if the moderators think it's the right thing to do by hiding it there regardless of the reasons or policy I would hope they make the same decision on other similar threads.

Edit: to make it clear to anyone about to post, this isn't about the issue of the thread I'm relating to. This is about shoving aside a new thread that has since been thrown in "the cellar" where it won't be view much for the sake of...??? So that's where I like your opinion on, not the IPOD issue. And if you can't help yourself but to call me or other users names then please don't even bother and just skip along. It doesn't nothing for the thread or for anyone.

JOOTZ
10-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Before we start please be nice and courteous in your reply.

I'm new to the forums and while I don't many of them much at all I do, from time to time, find them insightful, helpful and fascinating. One of the reasons I signed up on this board was because of all the high praise for SolCal Mitsu. Granted that has been justify to some extent and my research and patience paved the way to allow Sam to give me a good deal on a X. This wouldn't have been possible if their reputation wasn't so. Now that brings me to what I wanted to say in the first place.

Recently I read a thread about SolCal refusing any dealings with a customer because of his IPOD installation. I'm sure many of you remember because the thread was quite long and heavily debated. I tended to side with the Poster because of what he stated and simply because I believe SolCal could have done more if the value their customers...in this case the Poster. This is a wonderful thread for anyone to have read through even it finding the truth is hard. The reason being, at least for me, it shows the reader where some users are coming from, where the supplier (SolCal) stands, and so forth.

Sadly, however, the thread has been locked and sealed away in "The Cellar" where I didn't realize until I started searching. Why should a moderator move a thread there when it's reserved for 1 year old threads? In most cases that I've seen with threads being locked, they are locked, left alone until other threads push it down or until the time for archiving comes around. Yet in this case, I believe it was purposely thrown in the cellar to avoid having it read further by anyone else. Why is this important? Well, it's important because for users like myself I come in here to get a better feeling on other users and suppliers. And that thread is a crucial piece of information independent of who's right or wrong and should not be hidden away.

Therefore, for the sake of sanity, please move the thread back to General where it can be found more easily by others such as myself. I have already lost a night sleep over this thinking way too much about it and why. It somehow always ends to an analogy of Bush (his team) doing what he wants and screwing us all. But if the moderators think it's the right thing to do by hiding it there regardless of the reasons or policy I would hope they make the same decision on other similar threads.

business is business

Bueller
10-06-2008, 07:34 AM
No offense, but youre a noob, and so is that guy who posted that 12 page ramble of a thread. Does this thread even belong here? Now, im sure he is a super duper guy, and so are you, but imo he sort of dug his own grave. I say give it time, and maybe he will regret for having gone that route. Saying all those things with such conviction, and all that drama over some ipod issue, give me a break. Honestly, i think most people get tired of those kind of threads. And youre not the first person to follow up on the matter by posting this kind of thread. These things happen in cycles, and for those of us who have been around, i would say that best case scenario theyre a joke to us. Now if it was some serious matter, i can understand the need to warn others. But imo, he did not need to take it there. Good luck to the both of you.

CRX2EVO
10-06-2008, 08:10 AM
First he posted in the wrong section. Second he put way too much heart and soul into an IPOD installation. Every large company is going to have a few unhappy customers but the majority of customers at South Coast only have praises for them as they go out of their way quite often to keep us Evo owners happy.

strat10
10-06-2008, 08:15 AM
To me the thread just wasnt going anywhere. To much back and forth on the same thing.

JOOTZ
10-06-2008, 08:35 AM
IBL

1WkdEvo
10-06-2008, 09:25 AM
I think the OP makes a valid point and while I think the thread, like most on here, got out of control, I see no reason why it couldn't have just gotten cleaned. So it was only an ipod installation and most people are happy with SCM, including me, it's still an issue of integrity and there is no reason why people should feel like they are not allowed to post bad experiences with vendors.

j_nizzle
10-06-2008, 10:03 AM
wait, did i read that you lost sleep over something that didnt even happen to you!?!?

GET OVER IT! GROW THE FK UP AND MOVE ON!

fusionofideas
10-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I want to preface my post with the fact that I do not know the OP at all.
I will only post if comments are directed to me or my comments, as I got flack for replying to absurd comments in the original post.

I am frustrated that the moderator locked and threw away the key to a thread that did have opinions and valid points. I am most frustrated with the fact that the forums are intended to be for the community. If people say it wasnt going anywhere that is fine, there were still people making comments and points for both sides. Something for us to stay occupied with at Work...:)
Â*To reiterate for the millionth time....my original post was not my frustration that I didnt have an ipod hookup, I could care less about that. My post was the problem that I had with the Golden Idol SCM. I had a few good experiences as many of the socalevo users have, but I also had a bad experience. I was most amazed at how they tried to take my money and then blatantly refused service to me in the future, when I spent about 37k for a car and aftermarket parts and I was very patient while SCM tried to fix the problem. The intention of my post was to simply present the situation to forum members and get opinions. the point has been made many times that just because so many people have had good experiences doesnt mean that someone cant have a bad experience.
Â* Â* I agree with TheOne, regardless of my situation, I was a little taken back that the moderator just simply threw away the post, it didnt cross any lines, it was posted in the general forum, and there were active posts being made. It doesnt matter if the topic was being beat to the ground, Forums are meant for people to communicate and it is unfortunate that there would such a tight control from the moderator and hopefully socalevo is not run by its advertisers in this case SCM has a banner ad....ie the thread that discusses SCM goes to never never land

The0ne
10-06-2008, 12:48 PM
wait, did i read that you lost sleep over something that didnt even happen to you!?!?

First of all, if you can't read AND follow the first sentence I put up there don't bother replying. Simple. Secondly if you have no opinion on the mater at hand and/or the topic being discussed then move on and don't post anything. Third, if you continue to read and don't understand what it is I was saying and implying then don't make comments that are irrelevant. Thus your comment.

And so to sum it up, coming in here and calling people names isn't going to earn you anything but negatives. And that proves my point of having threads be alive until forum rules and policies take over.

The0ne
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
To me the thread just wasnt going anywhere. To much back and forth on the same thing.

Yea, it was but as with most threads I read this tends to be the case. That is why I said regardless of who's wrong or right, the thread still should remain so that users and particularly new users will at least have a chance to get something out of it.

j_nizzle
10-06-2008, 01:01 PM

First of all, if you can't read AND follow the first sentence I put up there don't bother replying. Simple. Secondly if you have no opinion on the mater at hand and/or the topic being discussed then move on and don't post anything. Third, if you continue to read and don't understand what it is I was saying and implying then don't make comments that are irrelevant. Thus your comment.

And so to sum it up, coming in here and calling people names isn't going to earn you anything but negatives. And that proves my point of having threads be alive until forum rules and policies take over.

ok...i will comment on the matter at hand.

it's quite simple actually. the poster in the other thread complained about the IPOD cable not being able to interface with the stock head unit so that the unit display IPOD functions. for sam's sake, he didnt know that it wouldnt do that, he is neither a parts expert nor a tech at SCM, he is a salesman. the poster in the other thread wanted to get a refund for the item...but SCM wouldnt give him a refund on labor. i find this completely understandable since labor is not something one can just "give back" whereas the same cant be said for parts.

that thread died simply because ranting about experiences that can be sum'd up as a "simple misunderstanding" should not have a full blown discussion on a forum. if the poster had a serious enough problem and was clearly "robbed" he could have filed a real complaint with some agency/board/department and been done with it.

now, we get to you. since you accused me of name-calling i guess i will just have to give you a reason to...GROW THE FK UP, YOU FKING PUSSY. im not looking to "earn" anything. you want to earn something on SCE, again...GROW UP!

Forum rules and policies shouldnt be your concern. if you dont like them (i hope you see the theme here), GROW UP and MOVE ON.

you clearly stated that you lost sleep over someone else's "ordeal." furthermore, you were wondering "why the thread was tossed in the cellar" and you got your panties in a bunch so you lost sleep over it? if that isnt being an outright pussy, i have no idea what is.

if you dont like the way the forum is moderated, move on. nothing to "lose sleep" over. go to EvoM, complain all you want, and sleep to your heart's desire.

i mean, should i lose sleep over who megan foxx will fk tonight?! maybe i should, maybe i shouldnt....should i start a thread on the intardnet about how im being robbed out of my right to sleep with her?!

ev0lution
10-06-2008, 01:23 PM

ok...i will comment on the matter at hand.

it's quite simple actually. the poster in the other thread complained about the IPOD cable not being able to interface with the stock head unit so that the unit display IPOD functions. for sam's sake, he didnt know that it wouldnt do that, he is neither a parts expert nor a tech at SCM, he is a salesman. the poster in the other thread wanted to get a refund for the item...but SCM wouldnt give him a refund on labor. i find this completely understandable since labor is not something one can just "give back" whereas the same cant be said for parts.

that thread died simply because ranting about experiences that can be sum'd up as a "simple misunderstanding" should not have a full blown discussion on a forum. if the poster had a serious enough problem and was clearly "robbed" he could have filed a real complaint with some agency/board/department and been done with it.

now, we get to you. since you accused me of name-calling i guess i will just have to give you a reason to...GROW THE FK UP, YOU FKING PUSSY. im not looking to "earn" anything. you want to earn something on SCE, again...GROW UP!

Forum rules and policies shouldnt be your concern. if you dont like them (i hope you see the theme here), GROW UP and MOVE ON.

you clearly stated that you lost sleep over someone else's "ordeal." furthermore, you were wondering "why the thread was tossed in the cellar" and you got your panties in a bunch so you lost sleep over it? if that isnt being an outright pussy, i have no idea what is.

if you dont like the way the forum is moderated, move on. nothing to "lose sleep" over. go to EvoM, complain all you want, and sleep to your heart's desire.

i mean, should i lose sleep over who megan foxx will fk tonight?! maybe i should, maybe i shouldnt....should i start a thread on the intardnet about how im being robbed out of my right to sleep with her?!

you two are never going to convince each other of anything. just leave it be.

booster310
10-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Man if this thread keeps going this way is also gonna get locked and get thrown in the cellar, so i advice to let it be, leave it alone and move on.

The0ne
10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
j_nizzle,

It's pointless to talk with you because you really don't understand what I am trying to get across fully. I lost sleep over the fact that Mods having the liberty to lock, close, throw away, hide, delete threads and so forth is not a good and fair thing to do. Granted you understood a little piece of this relationship in your latter comments but you still lack the decency to understand why it IS important to me and others. And as I ended my post I said if they choose to be this way then I hope they grant the same decision on other threads that are similar. Did I even call them "pussy" or argue over it.

Now if you don't care what they do or did, they say so. Do you honestly think you go about your day without thinking or caring about other factors that does not directly relate to you? I didn't think so. I would highly suggest you go read post before deciding to use the same arguement again. And why do you insist on calling me "pussy?" for YOUR lack of understanding? Do you think I would stoop to your level? Do you think somehow it'll piss me off? The only thing your comments does it show others how childish and ignorant you are. Ignorant in the sense of not fully understanding the purpose of the thread nor the implications of the cause being carried out.

Now that we got that clear, hopefully, why don't you just move along and let others post their opinion on the matter. Certainly, this has nothing related to you so why do you even bother right? :) Go have a nice day.

Terenus
10-06-2008, 05:23 PM
If you want to complain to us, at least post in the right section.

S2myEVO
10-06-2008, 05:39 PM
j_nizzle,

It's pointless to talk with you because you really don't understand what I am trying to get across fully. I lost sleep over the fact that Mods having the liberty to lock, close, throw away, hide, delete threads and so forth is not a good and fair thing to do. Granted you understood a little piece of this relationship in your latter comments but you still lack the decency to understand why it IS important to me and others. And as I ended my post I said if they choose to be this way then I hope they grant the same decision on other threads that are similar. Did I even call them "pussy" or argue over it.

Now if you don't care what they do or did, they say so. Do you honestly think you go about your day without thinking or caring about other factors that does not directly relate to you? I didn't think so. I would highly suggest you go read post before deciding to use the same arguement again. And why do you insist on calling me "pussy?" for YOUR lack of understanding? Do you think I would stoop to your level? Do you think somehow it'll piss me off? The only thing your comments does it show others how childish and ignorant you are. Ignorant in the sense of not fully understanding the purpose of the thread nor the implications of the cause being carried out.

Now that we got that clear, hopefully, why don't you just move along and let others post their opinion on the matter. Certainly, this has nothing related to you so why do you even bother right? :) Go have a nice day.

nizzle got pwned!?!? holy shit!

fusionofideas
10-06-2008, 05:44 PM
I should charge you for that qouteS2myevo. a dollar every post :)

HKSevo
10-06-2008, 06:46 PM
we need a mod to check the ip adresses, email adresses, other things you guys can do to see if its the same guy lol...

PUNISHER
10-06-2008, 06:50 PM
i smell a ban coming!!!

fusionofideas
10-06-2008, 06:57 PM
it's not the same guy. I actually thought SCM posted this ....:)

Miss Evo8
10-06-2008, 07:02 PM
http://www.myspacecomedy.com/images/funny/ban-hamster.jpg

flashfoto
10-06-2008, 07:12 PM
In other news, I just found a nickel under my couch cushion!

vial8or
10-06-2008, 07:41 PM
LMAO.....wow you MUST be new if you're just finding out the mods do whatever the Fck they want.

haha get used to it, sorry but that's the only thing any one can say

j_nizzle
10-06-2008, 09:44 PM

yes, unfortunately i did.

seems this new guy doesnt like the fact that mods and admins run the forum...

hey yoshi, how's your car running?

....oh, that's right. it's not.

S2myEVO
10-06-2008, 09:45 PM

yes, unfortunately i did.

seems this new guy doesnt like the fact that mods and admins run the forum...

hey yoshi, how's your car running?

....oh, that's right. it's not.

someone's butt hurt. so much he had to give a low blow. no shame..

S2myEVO
10-06-2008, 09:46 PM
I should charge you for that qouteS2myevo. a dollar every post :)

handin dollas like its halloween. lol

ultraflip
10-07-2008, 07:30 AM
link to thread in question? heh

DruMMinStUd06
10-07-2008, 07:50 AM
I have to say I somewhat agree with the OP. In my opinion it should have been left in Evo General.

Does my opinion really matter? No.
Can the mods do whatever they want? Yes.
Are you going to change that? Probably not.

link to thread in question? heh

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=67414.0

EVO Neil
10-07-2008, 08:20 AM
I locked the thread because as some of you have noted it was just the same points being rehashed at 12 pages worth and growing. It was done! Nothing new was coming from it, certainly nothing of value. The OP made his point, South Coast (not SolCal) responded with Sam and Rigo adding their sides and then I allowed the OP to counter the response from them before locking it. It was like a broken record, just repeating. What other value would have been added at that point?

Cleaning it would not have helped because clearly the OP would have just keep going, like the energizer bunny, repeating the same point over and over again, which he had already clearly made on page 1.

Anyone can have a bad experience at any place and that can be unfortunate. Posting about such an experience is that persons right, whether the vendor in question advertises on the site or not. I does allow the community to see how problem situations are handled by vendors and the customers fliing the complaints. In this case we clearly could see how each had handled the situation.

I DID NOT move the thread, I just locked it and and left it where it was. So don't assume that the same person who locked it, moved it. I tell people all the time that the moderators on this site are really just thread cleaners. We don't have the power to ban and we don't make the important decisions about hot issues just as this, other than locking a thread. It was likely moved by one of the admins and while I may disagree that it should have been left, I'm also sure he had his reasons.

fusionofideas
10-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Ie.. This months advertising invoice was sent out
And the only reason I was responding "like the energizer bunny" is because people were posting every two minutes with questions and comments. I was not just posting the same text over and over. Give me a break. Plus if it is a forum and obviously of interest and people are posting, it shouldn't matter if it's not interesting to some people. It's all good. I Understand business and at least you let me respond to scm. That would have been a dick move if you let scm close calling me a total ass Customer and discrediting me. So thanks

EVO Neil
10-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Ie.. This months advertising invoice was sent out
And the only reason I was responding "like the energizer bunny" is because people were posting every two minutes with questions and comments. I was not just posting the same text over and over. Give me a break. Plus if it is a forum and obviously of interest and people are posting, it shouldn't matter if it's not interesting to some people. It's all good. I Understand business and at least you let me respond to scm. That would have been a dick move if you let scm close calling me a total ass Customer and discrediting me. So thanks

As an automotive journalist I have to set aside personal feelings and view each vehicle I test objectively. I handle each issue that comes up here on SoCalEvo the same way. I looked over the 12 pages and seeing that nothing new was being added, shut it down. You see it from your viewpoint, but I see it more objectively and believe me you were not adding anything new or of added value. From what I saw both sides had clearly made their points and the thread had started to escalate into people turning on you.

That's when I said enough is enough. It would have gotten ugly and quickly. Their is NO WAY you will ever be able to look at that thread objectively or logically and will always think it should have been left open. I've seen it here before and I am very confident I made the correct decision to shut it down when the time was right.

P.S. This months invoice has nothing to do with my actions. It affects me in no way, shape or form. I don't benefit from it as I don't get paid to do this. And I certainly couldn't get paid enough to take crap from the members, it's just a bonus that I get to be loved so much by the community I try to serve.

fusionofideas
10-07-2008, 09:27 AM
I understand your point and wasn't pointng the invoice comment to you. I appreciate the objective viewpoint.

Sxhawnn
12-14-2008, 01:37 AM
never met the admins but I do agree that that thread should have been locked. The mods really have to lock stuff up before things get ugly.

You gotta look at it this way.

There are people on this forum who swear by south coast mitsu and will never admit that there is even the remote possibility that they did anything wrong to you. (I get a lot of stuff done at SCM and have always been happy with everyone there but I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that there is no way that they could've made a mistake)

And inevitably the people who do swear by SCM will start accusing you of being a whiny little bitch and then you would have to defend yourself and it'll end with name calling and nothing objective will be revealed aside from mods having to clean a long ass thread with a bunch of useless opinions of people who weren't even there in the first place.

But yea i don't think it should've been moved. And to the OP, i wouldn't lose too much sleep over this. This forum is pretty damn good about protecting the interests of all its members and not just the advertisers. Look at what happened to [forum-restricted]spec (the suspension dude) when one customer showed us how his fenders got massaged and how bathroom caulk that was used on his car. I've posted negative reviews on evom and they disappear in a matter of minutes.

vial8or
12-14-2008, 08:45 AM
resurrect fail?

drmosh
12-17-2008, 03:58 PM
We don't lock or delete threads just because we don't like them, we allow people to post negative or positive reviews about any vendors here or otherwise. The problem becomes when a user feels he is not being heard LOUD enough and decides to post multiple threads on our forum in different areas... that becomes a SPAM. If and when it becomes a SPAM, I will delete ALL the threads.

#1 - Always deal with the original vendor or dealer, that is your best recourse, coming here actually is like sticking a fork in your resolution process because you've now invited the mob to intervene, this doesn't bode well on your side necessarily.

#2 - Don't "threaten" a vendor or dealer, they are less likely to help you at that point, always try to work it out in a civilized manner, most vendors will try to make things right

#3 - Don't be a little crybaby and come crying to the forums right away because more than likely we'll laugh at you and if you decide to post like an idiot we'll probably just delete your thread then you will have wasted all that effort and your panties will be more in a bunch than ever before and you will be chewing your keyboard crying because you didn't get to be heard

#4 - The forum has very actual little power to help you resolve any issues you may be having with someone, if you post here people can sympathize or contradict what you say but you'll not actually get anywhere besides posting your experience and letting other people know your experience

That being said, we do lock threads when the e-thugs come in and try to just smash their keyboards and foul up a thread.