PDA

View Full Version : Window Tinting, need to fix scratch problem

m0nkie
10-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi Guys, got my WW EVO X 2 weeks ago, and I need some tints on it ASAP...

Been reading around and Many X owners have a problem with their windows scratched. And others have their tints ruined... I'm looking at my windows (when they are dirty) and not sure if the lines are scratches or not... There are scratches but they are easily wiped off. They are on the inside. So im not 100% sure if this will mess up my tint.

Solutions to this? Some people have "Moleskin", while others say Moleskin is not good.Â* Some trimmed some stuff off.. iono what to do. Don't want to risk screwing up new tint or I'd goÂ* :uglystupid2:

AaronI1
10-09-2008, 05:20 PM
yeah dude, it will definately fuck your tints up.Â* Its mainly the fronts on mine.Â* I have a shitload of cool vertical scratch marks. O0

HardRideCafe
10-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Before I put tint on my X I was warned of the possibility of them getting scratched because their is no felt on the interior side of our windows, its just rubber. So if you want to avoid the scratches either keep the rubber clean of dirt or you can have felt istalled on the inside of the rubber.

If you need a place I went to the tint pros in Huntington Beach. 714.967.2462. They do a good job

m0nkie
10-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Before I put tint on my X I was warned of the possibility of them getting scratched because their is no felt on the interior side of our windows, its just rubber. So if you want to avoid the scratches either keep the rubber clean of dirt or you can have felt istalled on the inside of the rubber.

If you need a place I went to the tint pros in Huntington Beach. 714.967.2462. They do a good job

how much is it to install some felt inside??? It does seem like it's only the front windows..

HardRideCafe
10-14-2008, 12:29 AM

how much is it to install some felt inside??? It does seem like it's only the front windows..

I think it was like $75 for the front windows... Give them a call they're good peeps over there.

m0nkie
10-16-2008, 03:11 PM
I think it was like $75 for the front windows... Give them a call they're good peeps over there.

I think you gave me a wrong number. That one is not working

HardRideCafe
10-17-2008, 08:10 AM

I think you gave me a wrong number. That one is not working

Sorry about that it's 714.964.8468