PDA

View Full Version : Stock Evo X Ecutek Tune @ TT

HardRideCafe
10-15-2008, 11:06 PM
For you guys thinking about keeping the car stock for awhile and just wanting to get a tune. This car only has an HKS drop in filter and made 307 whp and 312 trq WOW! I went for a ride after the tune and it's a big difference. Great numbers by Tuning Technologies as expected O0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__0IuXOmMmA

GilbertFlores
10-15-2008, 11:09 PM
nice. did you get a baseline run?? that would be cool to see the gains from just a drop in and a tune.

evogeo
10-16-2008, 01:12 PM
What is your boost set at?

Must be cool to be driving around town at 307 to the wheels without worry of coppers!!

So what was your basline?

HardRideCafe
10-16-2008, 01:19 PM
What is your boost set at?

Must be cool to be driving around town at 307 to the wheels without worry of coppers!!

So what was your basline?

It is nice because coming from driving a mildly moded IX. The X felt dull and slow but now it's fun again. But to answer your question I don't really remember my baseline I think it was in the 260 range. I would have to ask Alfred to see if he saved it. About the Boost I tap 23 psi then it tappers off. I don't have a boost control so I can't tell you exactly where it ends up.

maxx13
10-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Im thinking about getting my X tuned at RRE with Ecutek and all I have is an AEM intake so its good to know that I will have about this much power...

BTW How big of a difference was it after the tune, was it really noticable or does it just feel a little more powerful?

HardRideCafe
10-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Im thinking about getting my X tuned at RRE with Ecutek and all I have is an AEM intake so its good to know that I will have about this much power...

BTW How big of a difference was it after the tune, was it really noticable or does it just feel a little more powerful?

You're confusing.Â* It is very noticeable and more powerful.Â* You feel it when you launch and on the freeway.Â* But if your like everyone else you will never be satisfied.Â* Thats why I'm ordering a FMIC, upper, lower pipes and TBE.Â* If you want I can take you on a ride if you can't decide.

Note: For Ecutek you have to pay a license fee if I where you I would look into the ecuflash I've read on evom hbspeed in Fountain Valley is getting good numbers for half the price of Ecutek.Â* Â* Â*

Massappeal
10-31-2008, 03:10 PM

You're confusing.Â* It is very noticeable and more powerful.Â* You feel it when you launch and on the freeway.Â* But if your like everyone else you will never be satisfied.Â* Thats why I'm ordering a FMIC, upper, lower pipes and TBE.Â* If you want I can take you on a ride if you can't decide.

Note: For Ecutek you have to pay a license fee if I where you I would look into the ecuflash I've read on evom hbspeed in Fountain Valley is getting good numbers for half the price of Ecutek.Â* Â* Â*

Yes a reflash is way more noticable! take a look at my dyno graphs with different mods and a stock evoX in the hbspeed thread you will see each gain and what rpm.
So true about never being satisfied thou! I want my TBE and retune already! and possibly turbo upgrade!! It never ends even after 4 cars of modding!
:2funny:

HardRideCafe
10-31-2008, 07:52 PM
To be honest I don't know what is better the ecuflash or ecutek.Â* All that I can say is that ecuflash is definetlyÂ* cheaper and and the horsepower gain is about the same.Â* Maybe a tuner will post up the diffrences and elaborate on this more.

Mike W
11-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Read the other thread for Bryan and I answering your question regarding the differences as of today.

In the end they are both just tools. It is up to the tuner to use them to their full ability. What is better? A Harbor Frieght wrench, a Craftsman wrench or a Snap On wrench? Which wrench will do a better job? The Harbor Freight wrench in a McLaren F-1 mechanic's hand? Or a Snap On wrench in your hand?

Mike W