PDA

View Full Version : Stock RalliArt Dyno

Mike W
10-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Just dynoed a stock RalliArt.

http://roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/RalliArt-mmsa/217hp-800.jpg

Not nearly as retarded rich as EVO Xs:

http://roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/RalliArt-mmsa/217-afr-800.jpg

Kind of goofy stock boost. It is an early car so I imagine it would be better on a production car. It had the same spike in street driving.

http://roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/RalliArt-mmsa/217-boost-800.jpg

Injectors are nowhere near maxed out. Only 70% duty cycle vs the EVO Xs at 95% stock according to the ECUTeK logger. There should be room for much more power when the boost is raised.

Mike W

Miss Evo8
10-21-2008, 03:56 PM
How was the street drivability? Was the pwr band linear like the X? When are you going to fab up the IC pipes, exhaust and intake Mike?

Mike W
10-21-2008, 04:12 PM
You mean not nearly retarded rich as Evo X's.

Yeah, that. What he said and stuff. Fixed it.

Was the pwr band linear like the X?

It felt good. Might have to get me one of these. I cant afford an EVO and got a bad clutch leg. Of course that means I would not be able to hang with you all any more. The powers that be on So Cal EVO think a guy with the ability to buy and insure a $27k skinny EVO X are not to be trusted hanging with the kind of kid that can buy a 5 year old tore up 03 EVO 8 for $14k. I read here that the skinny EVO guys would be punks who wouldnt get along with the sophisticated 03 EVO 8 gentlemen. That and their intercooler pipes are routed different or something.

When are you going to fab up the IC pipes, exhaust and intake Mike?

Just as soon as you drop it off!

Mike W

ebevo
10-21-2008, 04:15 PM
cool thanx for posting the results

question will RRE or RRM do the aftermarket stuff for the 09 RAs?

Mike W
10-21-2008, 04:17 PM
It is an RRE thing since it is just a skinny body EVO.

Mike W

ebevo
10-21-2008, 04:21 PM
^^^ :coolsmiley:

I'm having high hopes for this one as a DD :angel:

Mike W
10-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Did a new 09 WRX last night. Here is is laid over the RalliArt:

http://roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/RalliArt-mmsa/ra-vs-wrx-800.jpg

And boost:

http://roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/RalliArt-mmsa/ra-vs-wrx-boost-800.jpg

I guarantee the RalliArt has a shitload more potential than the WRX. The WRX was super cheaped out on everything under the hood. Nothing even remotely impressive looking. These pulls were with one of the big dyno fans held on the tiny top mount I/C so real world traffic hp would be less.

Mike W

leaveit2bevo
10-21-2008, 06:05 PM
damn looks like the ralliart out spooled that 2.5 wrx

Skiracer
10-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Wow, peak boost on Ralliart at 2600RPM...

GilbertFlores
10-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Wow, peak boost on Ralliart at 2600RPM...
no shit huh...thats crazy....+1 to mitsubishi once again for showing that it pwns.

scumdog
10-21-2008, 07:50 PM
damn!! i need my ix to get boost that quick!! that RA spools fast.

leaveit2bevo
10-21-2008, 07:53 PM
that turbo is also not twin scroll like ours but its probably a decent amount smaller.

fastkevin
10-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Why would they have it peak it's boost at 2500rpm? That's gotta be a pre-pro (or was it a pilot-pro?) error..doesn't it?

Mike W
10-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Like I said the boost control was a little goofy on _that_ car it seemed. It would kind of waver and cycle, rolling up and down till about 4K. A longer pull on the dyno smoothed it out. That contributed to the quicker spool. That would be the spool you would get by putting it in 5th and hammering the throttle to the floor and hanging on till you hit red line.

Mike W

1WkdEvo
10-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Better spool, less top end, but more potential. Sounds like a nice little dd project car for someone. I can't wait to see someone get spanked by a modded RA

ebevo
10-23-2008, 08:19 PM
wahoo spotted one on the way home today 91fwy and 241 toll road...saw it in my rear view mirror and first thing I saw was the RA emblem in the front grill

Driver changed lanes and pulled up next to me and I was about to wave but the driver looked like a yuppie with a white polo tshirt, sun glasses, and yapping on the blue tooth set stuck in his ear. I got a flash back to an eps of Top Gear where Clarkson gave his description of a typically BMW M3 cock owner (eps with the RS4, M3, and AMG 63). I dropped back to see the rear and saw dual exhausts and the dealership/corp plates.

Driver proceeded to demo a thriller while going uphill. I wasn't expecting much from what I saw in mosh's RA video on the 405fwy. This one climbed the mountain briskly but did it smoothly and effortlessly which was unexpected. None of the jerky lunge/weight shift or puff of exhaust clouds.

Unlucky for the RA the traffic gods frowned upon it, however, quite pleased with my lane selection. I sipped on my water bottle, never wavered from my 26mpg tank average, or woke up my passenger. A few minutes goes by before the RA does a last second fly by to catch the toll road.

Hmmm a prelude of things to come from future RA owners :crazy2:

It's all good I can now tease my bro I saw a RA first on the road * his next potential car*

1WkdEvo
10-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Lol, nice!!!