PDA

View Full Version : Love the SSS package but...

The0ne
10-23-2008, 12:32 PM
All driveways from my apartment complex to the street have a low dip. The front hasn't survived not matter how I maneuver the car. The bottom rubber piece has already torn off and it's a shame because I liked the look of it with the lip. Anyone of you drivers out there have similar problems preventing you from having certain mods on your vehicle? Kinda suck that you can't do anything about it short of me moving :) All too save the front lip...hmm, tempting.

Sam Smash
10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Do you have SSS and Aero? SSS and the base have the same front bumper.

The0ne
10-23-2008, 01:22 PM
yea, I have both. It'll cost 306 to replace the whole thingy according to the dealership but then it won't due me any good because it'll just get damage again. Sucks really.

CRX2EVO
10-23-2008, 01:24 PM
What he was getting at is that it's the Aero kit that's causing you issue, nothing to do with the SSS package.

kimletrim
10-23-2008, 01:34 PM
yeah, "that one."

The0ne
10-23-2008, 02:06 PM
yes, it's from the aero kit. it coss $306 :P

JT-KGY
10-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Griot's sell something like this...

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/in+your+garage/garage+flooring/curb+bridge.do?search=basic&keyword=ramp&sortby=newArrivals&page=1

or you can try lay a couple bricks from HomeDepot....?

[p]dOG.
10-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Some ply-wood and blocks should fix that. It's cheap and if they steal it F^*k it! It's from home's depot.

The0ne
10-24-2008, 07:04 AM
not a bad idea but the property manager might not like it lol. I'll consider this actually. That and talking with the property manager to see if it's alright and if something else could be done :)

MRavenIX
10-24-2008, 07:27 AM
What he was getting at is that it's the Aero kit that's causing you issue, nothing to do with the SSS package.

thank you captain obvious... was that an announcement you heard from the Redundancy Dept. of Redundancy.... fuck....

OP, both ShadowsCT9A & I have the same problems w/ our apt complex & I have an VIII bumper w/a Do Luck lip (low as shit even on my stock height MR suspension)... I have two 2x4s that I lay down after I position myself at my parking spot... roll up em & then just store em (I just throw em under my car) It's a pain, but there's nothing else I can do....

The0ne
10-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Unfortunately I can't do that at my apartment complex. The street is very busy are near the traffic light. I know I won't have time to do everything without people bitching at me. I just talked with the property manager and it's a no go. Something about kids wanting to take the 2x4 and doing something bad with them :) I'm using glue to hold the rubber in place for now, each time it peels off lol

blueprint
10-27-2008, 01:02 PM
you can always try backing into the driveway?? i use to do it with my MR2 back in the day while i was in the dorms. worked for me.