PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE Need Advice

Platinum_Evo
10-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Hello People. I am super NEWBIE and would like to get my new EVO X an upgrade. Can you suggest what i need to get my EVO X to 360 AWHP without major mod like Turbo or internal engine? I am open a quuote. PM me. My budget not over $5000 include installation.

Now, i might have the GSR or MR. I have GSR now but trying to sell and get MR so if i sold GSR then i will get MR. If not, i will have GSR. confused? I hope not much difference in term of parts regardless if it's stick or auto!

evobros
10-23-2008, 10:58 PM
well basic boltons and a tune with E85 and u should be around those #

fastkevin
10-23-2008, 11:02 PM
From what's been reported, 360 hp to the ground is more(roughly 20% more) than the MR trans can handle, so if you're looking for those kinds of numbers, you'll prolly wanna stay with the 5-speed, especially if you plan on tracking it, and why would you want that kind of power just to cruise around on the street with? If you got it..Use it!
The 10's seem to be around the 330hp+/- with just a good RRE tune, full exhaust, and intake. If you were then to add the new Cos cams, maybe a fuel pump, and injectors if need be, you'd be comfortably over 360hp even on pump gas. When I had those mods done to my 9 (including an MBC, and Zeitronix), I paid somewhere around $4k. After I got my 10, I had RRE do a tune, install their "Stealth"(not really stealth sounding on the 10btw), and an AEM intake, and I paid $1800 IIRC. Maybe a little more.
RRE has a sub-forum in here.. Hit 'em up.

Platinum_Evo
10-24-2008, 08:11 AM
I am going to track it once a while but most of the time my aunt will be driving and she doesn't drive stick. My friend talked me into EVO X and I got the 5spd. Later he talked me into the GT-R :-P which I was lucky enough to get it for MSRP so thought maybe i can make some money. After several attempts trying to sell it, no luck :oops:, so I decide to keep the GT-R and now I am stuck with the EVO X 5spd. This is the main reason why I want to switch to MR. I like the EVO 5spd very much. I personally feel it has better handling ability than the GT-R. O0

To be honest, there are lot of terms you guys were talking, I have no clue. This is the first time I am in the fast car. My friend suggest few mods but I want to have it done by good shop. I am in City Industry Area. Do you guys know any great mod shop around? I do not mind drive 30-40 miles if thre is someone who is very reputable. I only want the best job though.

Thanks O0

MRavenIX
10-24-2008, 08:28 AM
From what's been reported, 360 hp to the ground is more(roughly 20% more) than the MR trans can handle, so if you're looking for those kinds of numbers, you'll prolly wanna stay with the 5-speed, especially if you plan on tracking it, and why would you want that kind of power just to cruise around on the street with? If you got it..Use it!
The 10's seem to be around the 330hp+/- with just a good RRE tune, full exhaust, and intake. If you were then to add the new Cos cams, maybe a fuel pump, and injectors if need be, you'd be comfortably over 360hp even on pump gas. When I had those mods done to my 9 (including an MBC, and Zeitronix), I paid somewhere around $4k. After I got my 10, I had RRE do a tune, install their "Stealth"(not really stealth sounding on the 10btw), and an AEM intake, and I paid $1800 IIRC. Maybe a little more.
RRE has a sub-forum in here.. Hit 'em up.

+1.... AEM intake, full turbo-back exhaust (downpipe/testpipe/catback), boost controller, fuel pump, injectors & good tune (Road Race in Santa Fe Springs)

....oh, and stick w/ the GSR if you're planning on modding it that much... O0

inline4g63
10-24-2008, 09:14 AM
I am going to track it once a while but most of the time my aunt will be driving and she doesn't drive stick. My friend talked me into EVO X and I got the 5spd. Later he talked me into the GT-R :-P which I was lucky enough to get it for MSRP so thought maybe i can make some money. After several attempts trying to sell it, no luck :oops:, so I decide to keep the GT-R and now I am stuck with the EVO X 5spd. This is the main reason why I want to switch to MR. I like the EVO 5spd very much. I personally feel it has better handling ability than the GT-R. O0

To be honest, there are lot of terms you guys were talking, I have no clue. This is the first time I am in the fast car. My friend suggest few mods but I want to have it done by good shop. I am in City Industry Area. Do you guys know any great mod shop around? I do not mind drive 30-40 miles if thre is someone who is very reputable. I only want the best job though.

Thanks O0

Looks like you really are a super NEWB. You buy all these fast cars and dont know what to do with them. Maybe drive it around like that until you get used to the power? For the GTR, i recommend an exhaust and a tune, That should get you to mid 500 hp (from the 480). I';m not sure about which shops do that. For the EVo, basic bolt on and cams with tune should get you to what you want in terms of hp. However, you didnt want to touch the engine of get a larger turbo, so you may not want to get cams. THe only other option is the e85 route. This is where you fill up on ethanol, which is similar to 100 octane gas. However there arent many stations around. YOu would need larger injectors, and a fuel pump, and obviously a tune. A great shop is Road Race engineering, which is in Santa fe Springs. There are also a bunch of tuner shops, especially in City of INdustry. But for the evo community, RRE is the place to go if you are in socal.

Platinum_Evo
10-24-2008, 09:41 AM
I am not going to touch the GT-R at all until Warranty Over. They made me (basically all new owner has to) signed a wararnty agreement. If I install anything that is non-Nissan approved parts, even tires, warranty void. I thought the laws said different thing. Can their contract enforacable?

As for EVO, you are the 3rd who suggest RRE so i guess they must be good. I will check them online first and maybe drive there for a visit.

Platinum_Evo
10-24-2008, 09:41 AM
BTW, for GT-R, I have to bring the car for inspection according to their schedule or WARRANTY VOID too!!!

evogeo
10-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Yeah you should try RRE (roadracengineering in santa fe springs) if you live in city of industry your pretty much there!!

As for power I also suggest full exhaust including bigger o2 housing, aem intake or a drop in filter, and an intercooler with full piping.. And a tune.. You might be able to reach 340 -350..

Some cars have responded better to mods than other cars..

Goodluck

And yeah don't get the MR.. It might not be able to take the power.. Or ull be within its limits =/

Mike W
10-24-2008, 05:39 PM
I finally put up an information page with the parts we have for the EVO X. More to come of course, especially after seeing the cool stuff being introduced at SEMA. Heard rumors of a bolt on GT30R turbo :-)

www.roadraceengineering.com/evox.htm

And our sub forum here on So Cal EVO:

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?board=56.0

Mike W

seph09
10-24-2008, 08:27 PM
just talk to Mike^

give him a call and your set!!! And I'm sure you'll reach 360hp before your budget...

RRE FTW!!!

strat10
10-25-2008, 12:06 PM
RRE put in the AEM CAI on my X. Thats a great place to start. Gives it more life, thats for sure.

Evoegg
10-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Both RRE and TT can help you out !

And if you want to have some suggestions

TBE (Turbo Back Exhaust): 3 parts - Down Pipe - Cat - Cat Back
Intake/drop in filter or CAI (Cold Air Intake): AEM CAI is good for Evo X
Intake Pipes
Boost Controller - Manual Boost Controller($) or Electric Boost Controller($$$)
Intercooler Pipes (both upper and lower)
Intercooler
O2 Housing
Forge Wastegate
Cosworth Cams

and the most important: a Good Tune!

These will give you 360+ awhp. I am not sure about fuel systems. Maybe someone can chime in!

You can either go USDM parts (save money and good results) or go with JDM bling bling! (heck if I have extra money I would haha) ARC all the way or Amuse all the way!

But in reality, I would go with some JDM but most USDM parts to save tons of money and similar results!

Evoegg

christoph562
10-27-2008, 05:03 PM
^^^will put you near 400 imo

OxSNAPxLC?
11-02-2008, 01:13 AM
take the GTR to the homey Alex. His shop is called SP Engineering

Check out this link to his web page if you want directions: http://www.sp-power.com/main/index.php

Next Saturday there is a garage sale on all GReddy / Trust Parts @ SP.

AaronI1
11-02-2008, 01:15 AM
SP Engineering?

OxSNAPxLC?
11-02-2008, 01:19 AM
yup he's pricey but his work is top of the line. every time i go visit I always see a happy camper