PDA

View Full Version : How much louder is RRE stealth exhuast over stock?

EVORX
10-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Been thru the whole fart can thing with my old honda. I don't wanna deal with the cops all over again hehe.

llvllattP
10-27-2008, 12:05 AM
i forgot how loud stock is but i think the RRE stealth is perfect...im am paranoid FREE! im pretty sure there pretty close

not loud at all...i think that saved my like many times especially when i got it checked off at a police department for my fix it ticket and i had a turbo back to top that all off! :]

trust me...if i love it, youll love it!

llvllattP
10-27-2008, 12:06 AM
o wait i just saw that you have a X...well not really sure...haha but it works great on my IX!

inline4g63
10-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Well, i have an 8, but for sure it is as quiet as stock, if not quieter, when at idle. But when you go WOT, it gets louder than stock. But not loud like any of the aftermarket exhaust (HKS, Greddy, etc.) And they weren't kidding when they said it looks stocker than stock !!

05-EVO-GSR
10-27-2008, 08:54 AM
It depends on the following:

- What turbo you are running
- What cat you have, if any
- How many resonators and what type of resonators

ASIXMRSE
10-27-2008, 09:00 AM
it seriously depends on your setup...

First off, nothing looks stocker than stock except your stock shit. Period. It definately isn't flashy like the other ones on the market with for sure helps, but i mean you can still tell its not exactly stock.

And On my 9 with a 20g, and cossie cams was actually still pretty noticable.... but again, it had a lot to do with my setup, so im not sure what to expect on the X's

If you want the added performance and low flash, for sure the RRE unit is the way to go. Quality well made piece too. O0

Good luck!

EVORX
10-27-2008, 09:36 AM
It depends on the following:

- What turbo you are running
- What cat if any you have, if any
- How many resonators and what type of resonators

I have works drop in filter
plan to get:
LICP
UICP
UR down pipe
rre stealth exhuast
tune
still debating about FMIC

so stock cat. stock turbo. I realize at WOT i might be SOL if 1 time is around.
However if with normal driving, will it be that noticable?

ASIXMRSE
10-27-2008, 10:26 AM
well that stock cat is gonna keep stuff real quiet and subtle for you, so you'll be good to go...

The RRE Rally Cat will be a little louder over a stock Cat, and of course a Test pipe would be the loudest of them all.

urmotha
10-27-2008, 10:51 AM
I like mine, it's very tolerable.Â* Not annoying at all when you're driving around.Â* That being said, I did have a cop give me shit about "it sounds too loud to me".Â* Fortunately he realized the error of his ways and didn't ticket me for the exhaust.Â* But apparently it is enough to get noticed, and I was only doing 15-20mph in a residential area.

Oh forgot to mention, this is with the rally cat :twisted:

Mike W
10-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Nothing can be quieter and still be all 3" free flowing. Some gheyDM systems can be a little quieter but by having small sections everywhere. I'll put up some pics of a Apexi I just saw :-P

Since these are made to be what _you_ want we canmake things quieter if that is your ultimate concern. Being a little restrictive does not hurt much if you still have a cat and you are under 350hp.

Mike W

EVORX
10-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Nothing can be quieter and still be all 3" free flowing. Some gheyDM systems can be a little quieter but by having small sections everywhere. I'll put up some pics of a Apexi I just saw :-P

Since these are made to be what _you_ want we canmake things quieter if that is your ultimate concern. Being a little restrictive does not hurt much if you still have a cat and you are under 350hp.

Mike W

howdy Mike,
I guess i have to take my chances then if I want the performance. I just sent an email to Robert
for pricing. Hopefully we'll be setting up appointment soon. The only reason I'm asking is because
my driving record isnt exactly pristine...but who cares right?

alan678
10-27-2008, 11:50 AM
I run the RRE exhaust and only lost 20~whp on the top end with my setup.....which I am content with being that this exhaust is NO WHERE near as loud as my Megan catback was...and the highway ear drone is gone!

Like most have said above....the loudness all depends on the setup...

MRavenIX
10-27-2008, 11:51 AM
u bought an Evo.... the driving record is moot at that point... except for ur insurance $$$$$$$$

ASIXMRSE
10-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Especially when your AS!! lolz! :D

jk.

05-EVO-GSR
10-27-2008, 12:32 PM
They should change the name of the exhaust.

RRE BK "Burger King" Exhaust
We build it your way, right away at RRE now!

Available options:

A. Â*"I do not give a fuck how loud it is, I need the most power!" - 3 inch catback with no resonators and 1 Magnaflow Muffler

B. Â*"I want as much power as possible but a little sacrifice is OK!" - 3 inch catback with 1 PC resonator and 1 Magnaflow Muffler

C. Â*"I daily drive my shit and I want it to be quiet but I still want it to be free flowing! - 3 inch catback with 2 PC resonators and 1 Magnaflow Muffler

D. Â*"I daily drive my shit and I need it to be as quiet as possible and I do not mind giving up a few horsepower! - 3 inch catback with 2 LC resonators and 1 Magnaflow Muffler

PC - Perforated Cores
LC - Louvered Cores

ASIXMRSE
10-27-2008, 12:35 PM
^^ or the way i wanna do it " hey mike... make it annoyingly loud please.... 1 bend, no mufflers or resonators" haha

Mike W
10-27-2008, 03:29 PM
^^ or the way i wanna do it " hey mike... make it annoyingly loud please.... 1 bend, no mufflers or resonators" haha

And dumping out the side of the front bumper please! If you line up on the left, your potential opponent asphyxiates while you are on the 2 step rev limiter.

Mike W

Evolution Rob
10-27-2008, 03:44 PM
The RRE stealth exhaust is nice. I have the dual setup on my X and couldn't be happier. On a loudness scale of 1 to 10, 1 being stock and 10 being no exhaust, I'd say the RRE is a 3.5 and most other aftermatket 3" exhausts would be around a 6. Its stock quiet at idle and at WOT its nice and deep but not too loud.

inline4g63
10-27-2008, 03:46 PM
it seriously depends on your setup...

First off, nothing looks stocker than stock except your stock shit. Â*Period. Â*It definately isn't flashy like the other ones on the market with for sure helps, but i mean you can still tell its not exactly stock.

And On my 9 with a 20g, and cossie cams was actually still pretty noticable.... but again, it had a lot to do with my setup, so im not sure what to expect on the X's

If you want the added performance and low flash, for sure the RRE unit is the way to go. Â*Quality well made piece too. Â*O0

Good luck!

ONly the knowledgable can tell that the RRE unit is not stock. The rest of the population, and most cops, won't even look twice. I was debating on putting the stock shiny tip onto the RRE unit, but sam persuaded me otherwise, stating that the stock unit has a shiny tip and therefore gets pulled over more often than those with the "stocker than stock" RRE tip.

inline4g63
10-27-2008, 03:48 PM
well that stock cat is gonna keep stuff real quiet and subtle for you, so you'll be good to go...

The RRE Rally Cat will be a little louder over a stock Cat, and of course a Test pipe would be the loudest of them all.

The RRE rally cat is a test pipe .... I think you were referring to the RRE hi flow cat

ASIXMRSE
10-27-2008, 04:07 PM

The RRE rally cat is a test pipe .... I think you were referring to the RRE hi flow cat

I always thought the RRE Rally Cat Was a Resonated Test Pipe.... not JUST a test pipe.

inline4g63
10-27-2008, 10:57 PM
^This may be the case, but if will definitely be louder than stock cat.

ASIXMRSE
10-27-2008, 11:26 PM
true but not as much as a strait up TP.... at least in my experience. either way.... if it aint a stock cat, bring on the noise! lol

HKSevo
10-30-2008, 01:41 AM
found this for ya ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpfZC-M5MSA

evo X with rre 3" catback + rre 3" test pipe

so you should be more quieter than this one

HKSevo
10-30-2008, 01:42 AM
^NVM, that probably isnt a stealth...sorry :(

05-EVO-GSR
10-31-2008, 04:54 PM
The RRE Rally cat is more like a small muffler that is 3 inches in diameter end to end.

fastkevin
11-02-2008, 11:05 PM
RRE can make your "Stealth" system as loud, or as quiet as you want it. The Stealth on my 9 was damn near as quiet as stock. Matter of fact, the only difference was it had a little more rumble under acceleration. The one on my 10 is much louder than stock. I personally think they did a fantastic job with the sound. I don't know how to explain it, but it doesn't really sound like any other 4cyl car I've heard. More deep and mean sounding. I might have them quiet this one down a tad, because unlike the 9, I tend to drive this one on the street. Because it sounds so good, I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet.

Massappeal
11-04-2008, 12:09 PM
The RRE Rally cat is more like a small muffler that is 3 inches in diameter end to end.

How much does RRE charge for a rally cat? Im looking for a quiet test pipe! (if thats possible)

Mike W
11-04-2008, 03:43 PM
EVO X? $250 installed.

Mike W

Massappeal
11-04-2008, 04:03 PM
How much not installed, picked up, and does it throw a check engine light?

ASIXMRSE
11-04-2008, 04:06 PM
you'll usually only throw a CEL from an exhaust if you throw a TP on with it...

Mike W
11-04-2008, 05:08 PM
We are building them on the car at this time. EVO 8/9 rally cat is $230 cash and carry. $250 installed is pretty cheap for the install. The X cat is longer and needs a mounting bracket and an O2 sensor bung. When we settle on a design and have it jigged for cash and carry, price will be $250.

We provide a spacer gizmo that _should_ keep the light off. Depending on how accurate your 2nd O2 sensor is, how finicky your ECU is, how you drive and how free flowing or restrictive your exhaust is... you may need to play with the size of the hole in the spoacer a bit. It is an interactive part and 50% chance it will need some additional attention. If SES lights traumatize you DO NOT REMOVE THE CAT!

Mike W

hytek369
11-06-2008, 10:45 AM
how much noise would this piece increase?
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p377/fastkevin/018.jpg

ASIXMRSE
11-06-2008, 01:34 PM
^^ thats pretty much what i was gonna have the boys at RRE make for me... minus that little resonator thats on there. since its not my DD... i don't mind being ultra loud. :D

blkside
11-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Ive jumped on it right next to a cop and didnt get a second glance..

iamevo
11-27-2008, 03:03 AM
i have the road race exhaust and alot of major engine upgrades and i can say their exhaust has me stress free, even when i drive next to a cop!!! if anything i have to worry about my clutch! tiltons are f ing loud!

Mike W
11-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Taking off the big rear muffler and replacing it with a resonator makes it sound like the mid-west systems.

If you buy a stealth exhaust we can make an optional rear section like you see in the pic. You can swap it pretty easily back and forth depending on your purpose (like going to a track day). A piece like that is maybe $150 additional.

Mike W

batdorf9
11-30-2008, 09:59 PM
For us ultra-paranoid idiots :idiot2: out here rocking a 3" DP, 3" HFC, and the Stealth Catback, putting down around 325 whp, any idea what power and noise difference there would be switching from the two perforated core resonators to two louvered core resonators? :?

Mike W
12-01-2008, 02:10 PM
On a stock turbo maybe 5 hp. On a GT35R at 30 psi maybe 30 hp.

Mike W

LaminarFlow
01-22-2009, 01:59 AM
RRE rally cat + stealth on stock 8 turbo at laguna seca < 92dB. :-)

My previous RNR (no resonators) with Magnaflow muffler hit 104.4 at laguna (=meatball flag)
:-(