PDA

View Full Version : EVo X : a Tial BOV or a Synapse Sequential BOV?

blazar_bis
10-28-2008, 02:31 PM
I was just wondering which one would fit better on the evo X to sound like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE_WpG6gcFU

1SiCkeVo
10-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Synapse sounds similar to that video, but you realize you dont need a BOV unless you want to make high school boys all wet....right?

NRG
10-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Plus you probably won't hear it if you sport the stock airbox.............

Mike W
10-28-2008, 07:02 PM
So far aftermarket BOVs wreak havoc with the air flow checking systems. There are a zillion 3D maps that compare how much estimated torque and others with how much air flow is going on at various throttle positions to what it thinks should be happening. For some reason it you get too much air flow recirculating or not comared to what it is expecting you get a mean limp mode and SES light. Codes P1232-P1241 are the ones. This includes BOVs that recirculate.

You hit it at part throttle and low rpm. Maybe hours and hours of playing with those maps can fix it. Better to just leave the stock BOV.

Mike W

blazar_bis
10-28-2008, 07:39 PM
yeah thought same thing, thanks anyway

srjohns
11-17-2008, 09:11 PM
So far aftermarket BOVs wreak havoc with the air flow checking systems. There are a zillion 3D maps that compare how much estimated torque and others with how much air flow is going on at various throttle positions to what it thinks should be happening. For some reason it you get too much air flow recirculating or not comared to what it is expecting you get a mean limp mode and SES light. Codes P1232-P1241 are the ones. This includes BOVs that recirculate.

You hit it at part throttle and low rpm. Maybe hours and hours of playing with those maps can fix it. Better to just leave the stock BOV.

Mike W

Yes, hours and hours... LATE hours right Mike? :P Anyways, I am perfectly content with my stock bov, as long as that damn limp mode doesn't come back to haunt me again. Hey Mike, when do you wanna do that GT30R drop in?? hehe...