PDA

View Full Version : Vegas trip

KRS333
10-31-2008, 12:02 PM
I will be taking off to Vegas tomorrow morning. First long trip with the EVO. Anything I should look out for as far as the drive goes? Aside of a nail on the side wall on one of my tires everything seems to be good ...

Thanks

smokinevo9
10-31-2008, 12:06 PM
change the tire since sidewall damage is bad..................

TheTank
10-31-2008, 12:06 PM
In that case take a spare, better yet replace the tire. Â*Pace a couple of hundred feet behind someone that is hauling ass. :)

ASIXMRSE
10-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Bring basic tools with you.... Â* Check and then re check all your IC pipe connections...

change your oil. Â*Before long drives, i always change my oil, front and rear diff oil as well. Â*im picky, so the diffs arent needed, but i would change the oil at least.

Also, make sure your lugs are on good. And if possible, leave early morning... that way, you don't use your A/C!! :D

ASIXMRSE
10-31-2008, 12:08 PM
In that case take a spare, better yet replace the tire. Pace a couple of hundred feet behind someone that is hauling ass. :)

Drafting Big Rigs FTW!! haha

christoph562
10-31-2008, 12:13 PM
tape up your lip for rocks and stuff.

find yourself a nice car to follow for drafting and pig bait

choicelaw
10-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Be prepared for traffic. Check that tire. Plug in the :police: detector.

PUNISHER
10-31-2008, 12:18 PM
just fix that tire and youll be set... ive gone twice to vegas on my evo, and no problems....

ChrisF
10-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Watch out for cops from the area about 20 miles outside of Primm all the way to the strip. I got dinged on my way home last weekend between the strip and the border. Cop nailed me at 92; wrote me for 10 over. Was very nice and told me how to reduce the ticket down to an infraction. I'm guessing he was a Vette fan though. Drive safe.

Massimo Power
10-31-2008, 12:29 PM
lol... our cars arent some special thing wher eyou need to do all that stuff.. haha...

as long as all your fluids are topped off you are fine...

Ive driven my evo cross country on a number of occasions... no different than being in a different car...

ASIXMRSE
10-31-2008, 12:30 PM
yea vegas with the evo is cool. Â*i always manage to see STI's on my way to and from Sin city... usually get a fun run or two in as well O0

Massimo Power
10-31-2008, 12:30 PM
yea vegas with the evo is cool. i always manage to see STI's on my way to and from Sin city... usually get a fun run or two in as well O0

Vegas is a Bugatti is even better... :)

Massimo Power
10-31-2008, 12:36 PM
so.. since we are in the subject of talking out of context...

I went to vegas quite a while back with my parents...

it was very late at night and a fuse decided to blow in our POS Family Van... so my dad goes out and tries to figure out what is wrong with it.. with only the moon light he finds out about 15 mins later that a fuse blew.. so he takes a fuse from another area and puts it in to help us get where we need to go.. so turns out it was the interior fuse .. so we had no radio or ligths inside the car.. no biggie...

when my dad got back into the car and started it up... turned on the headlights... there were 4 coyotes standing about 10 ft away!....

Moral of the story: Watch out for Cheetas

KRS333
10-31-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks peps. Took the car to a tire shop and was told they can not fix it. No air is leaking and from what I no I have had it for about 2 months or even more. I was told it is to close to the side wall. Fluids are good as well.

Massimo Power
10-31-2008, 12:51 PM
yea if its near the sidewall they wont fix it...

if you dont have the funds for fixing it right now just throw a can a fix a flat in there and carry a spare... then just replace it when you have time/ money

KRS333
10-31-2008, 01:00 PM
yea if its near the sidewall they wont fix it...

if you dont have the funds for fixing it right now just throw a can a fix a flat in there and carry a spare... then just replace it when you have time/ money

True that. What would I be looking in $$$$ for gas???

rino
10-31-2008, 02:49 PM
under $100

christoph562
10-31-2008, 03:39 PM
tank to get there, tank to get it back.

the drive back is easier, downhill.

yea. i was lucky with the cops, they hang out between state line and the strip.

i got lucky, i was doing 95 for the home stretch and this cop clocks me while hes parked on the side of the road and standing out of his car, starts yelling "slow down" and is signaling with his arm in a furious manner. luckly he didnt follow. i just slowed to 65 and kept it there.

ASIXMRSE
10-31-2008, 03:42 PM
^^ shoulda downed it on his ass. :D

jk

evoruff
10-31-2008, 04:55 PM
i guess no one has gotten a ticket from the air/helicopter cause it says air patrolled, in France they use a flash on the median of the freeway and send you're ticket in the mail.

nck brkr
10-31-2008, 05:13 PM
new tires and oil change...

PUNISHER
11-01-2008, 08:44 AM
i think that tire flat wont make it though.... its a couple of hours of drive time. that tire will heat up and create problems.