PDA

View Full Version : OEM Launch Control? Video link

MinusPrevious
11-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Sorry for the newb question but today an EVO bud wanted me to try my factory Launch Control (06 EV09) :-o...........After fully warmed up, (e-brake off)Â* I engaged 1st gear, depressed the clutch & depressed the throttle to WOT........What I remember, is seeing the RPM's blast into the 7000 rpm range then electronic controlled engine sputtering for 1 second or so & then what felt like the engine was going to stall........WTH :-o,Â* What I was expecting was the RPM's to hold at 5500 rpms & the electronically held engine sputtering..........I did search this prior & found this old thread that didnt help too much http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=38165.0

pjb00stin
11-07-2008, 02:11 AM
did you come to a complete stop,pop it into neutral,then back into first?for mine you have to do that.if your in first and you start rolling,the computer will automatically turn the 2step off.you ave to go to neutral then back to first.

EVO Neil
11-07-2008, 03:59 AM
WTF! They don't come with launch control. The factory has a 5k rpm rev-limiter for 1st gear so you don't blow the transfer case all over the ground. Jeez, who starts these bs rumors?

MinusPrevious
11-07-2008, 08:17 AM
did you come to a complete stop,pop it into neutral,then back into first?for mine you have to do that.if your in first and you start rolling,the computer will automatically turn the 2step off.you ave to go to neutral then back to first.

Thanks for the reply........Im pretty sure I had it in neutral & then back into first.........It certainly didnt Rev Limit at 5K........Im wondering now if someone had been into the ECU prior to my purchase.........Oh well.....Didnt like seeing the rev's blast into the red region.

P.s.......On a side note, Im installing my new Walbro & injectors this morning & If I remove a Walbro from my tank then Ill know that the original owner modded the fuel system :laugh:.

Massimo Power
11-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Try it again and feather the throttle to around 5k and then gun it see if it stays.. rememebr you have to be at a complete stop.

MinusPrevious
11-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Try it again and feather the throttle to around 5k and then gun it see if it stays.. rememebr you have to be at a complete stop.

Thanks...........Maybe I mashed the throttle too hard............I dont plan on launching, I was just curious about the this Electronic limiter

hardcoreracing
11-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Sounds like someone could have raised your limiter if you bought your car used. You should get a tactrix cable and check the maps, compare them to stock maps to see what was changed. Any tuner could do this for you or you could buy one yourself and get the stock maps off evom.

A lot of evo guys put their car back to stock before they sell it, but they may have forgotten to change all the settings back to stock in the ecu.

boostin45psi
11-07-2008, 10:56 AM

Thanks...........Maybe I mashed the throttle too hard............I dont plan on launching, I was just curious about the this Electronic limiter
continue like that and you will need to change your clutch really soon!

You need to fix your rev limiter!

EVO Neil
11-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Maybe it's just unplugged.

boostin45psi
11-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Maybe it's just unplugged.

+1 check your map or your plug !

MinusPrevious
11-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks for helping this Newb............Mr. Massimo was right O0.........Dont plant your right foot & run-it up to the 5k mark & system takes over (I thought someone had dipped into my virgin ECU :'( )............Hey guys, Just finished my first Walbro install & the car still runs :D........Wasnt that bad but a little tough pulling out the assy.............Joe

PUNISHER
11-08-2008, 10:23 PM
i stomped the gas all the way and it works on mine between 5500-6000 RPMs, didnt launch it though, i just wanted to check it out

phillies23
11-08-2008, 10:36 PM
lol launch control...

you officially fucked up your warranty MR :knuppel2:

MinusPrevious
11-09-2008, 10:17 PM
i stomped the gas all the way and it works on mine between 5500-6000 RPMs, didnt launch it though, i just wanted to check it out

Hey Im not sure, But stomping the peddle didnt work for me..........I had to lean into it & the system stopped it at 5K on the button.........Im like you, Im not a launcher & not a fan of taking my car to the dealer

4G63TURBO
11-10-2008, 03:03 PM
hahaha after reading this i tested mine out..... mine goes to 5.5k..... i love the way it sounds but ill never launch the car.

MinusPrevious
11-10-2008, 06:52 PM
hahahaÂ* Â*after reading this i tested mine out..... mine goes to 5.5k..... i love the way it sounds but ill never launch the car.

Well Done O0.........For us newbs or experienced EVO gurus, Watch this fine piece of vid :D (Launch Control)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0G3JqyBCVU

tony91505
11-29-2008, 11:30 AM
anyone have any personal experience with the launch aid tool which lets the clutch out for you. how will this hold up in time. any info would be appreciated.

EVO Neil
11-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Locked down due to stupidity. There is NO factory launch control. Lemmings, you are all lemmings!