PDA

View Full Version : grinding gear

evo_Remix
11-08-2008, 02:23 PM
So yesterday I had errands to do and decided to take out the car for a bit. As I was pulling out of the driveway it took two or three times to get the gears into reverse. In the back of my head I thought that was awkward because it never happened before. Anyways, I was driving down my street and I noticed that my gears would not get into there shift gates and I had to press the clutch a couple of times to get it into gear. >:( So i keep driving to see if it would continue to act awkward. So I drive about a quarter of a mile to where I can speed up and reach third gear. As I was putting it into third gear I hear a nasty long grind and the shift nob wouldn't get in gear :'( It was CONSTANT third gear grinds from there on unless I double clutched it which made no grinds getting into gear. I was hesitant to get into third gear because I can feel it in the shift nob that it was vibrating to get into third :-\ I had a couple of buddies of mine to check it out and we all concluded that it was a syncro problem. I have only 15k miles on my evo and since I had it for about two months I only had intermittent grinds in 5th (only if i was pushing the car). Long story short, I took my car in this morning to SCM since I figured warranty would cover this. So I explained to them what was going on. SCM claimed they had a handful of evos coming in within the past month and a half with the same problem and all of them were covered by warranty. They also said they have syncro upgrades for evos with my situation and so far they have had no complaints from the upgrade. What a depressing day because now I have no evo to drive for a week. However, I get a free rental car which is covered if i need it.

Ill keep this post updated and see what happens. :tickedoff:

Azian
11-08-2008, 02:31 PM
BS my fken car didn't get warrantied for tranny when i took that shit in.yeah it sucks bro i had to wait for my new tranny for like 2-3monthes.my 4th andÂ* 5th were grinding on my stock tranny.

evo_Remix
11-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Really? I thought it was a problem with the evos so they should have fixed it. So are you running an upgraded tranny?

adotwhite
11-08-2008, 08:56 PM
BS my fken car didn't get warrantied for tranny when i took that shit in.yeah it sucks bro i had to wait for my new tranny for like 2-3monthes.my 4th and 5th were grinding on my stock tranny.

damn u had to wait 2-3 months? that suckssssss
when i got my car, it was used with 44K miles on it. worked fine for a few days then then i noticed 3rd gear would grind when putting it in. to make a long story short a month after that the whole 3rd gear was gone then 4th started grinding. ended up having to go to reese and having them replaced all my synchros, new 3 and 4th gear and some other stuff up in there. so yah at least ur's is coverd under warranty..i didnt get a warranty and had to pay straight up casshhh....balliinnn

Azian
11-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Really? I thought it was a problem with the evos so they should have fixed it. So are you running an upgraded tranny?
yeah im running a sheperd racing tranny

BS my fken car didn't get warrantied for tranny when i took that shit in.yeah it sucks bro i had to wait for my new tranny for like 2-3monthes.my 4th and 5th were grinding on my stock tranny.

damn u had to wait 2-3 months? that suckssssss
when i got my car, it was used with 44K miles on it. worked fine for a few days then then i noticed 3rd gear would grind when putting it in. to make a long story short a month after that the whole 3rd gear was gone then 4th started grinding. ended up having to go to reese and having them replaced all my synchros, new 3 and 4th gear and some other stuff up in there. so yah at least ur's is coverd under warranty..i didnt get a warranty and had to pay straight up casshhh....balliinnn
yeah i had to wait 2-3monthes for my sheperd to come in.paid straight up cash for mine too.

adotwhite
11-10-2008, 09:36 AM
off topic
but yo who's the chick in ur sig? she has cakessss
2 out of 10 azn girls have ass lol

06ssdevo9
11-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Anthony, her name is Kt So

Azian
11-10-2008, 01:01 PM
yeuh lol^^^Azn girls with cakes ftmfw

adotwhite
11-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Anthony, her name is Kt So

KT so? lol wow interesting name!
thanks tho. time to go crank my soulja boy!!!

06ssdevo9
11-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, just go to her myspace. Theres a vid of her dancing and all that ish. Peep it.

eshine1
11-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Is this a common problem with the evos? Seems like cars these days all have some kind of grinding issues.

adotwhite
11-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Is this a common problem with the evos? Seems like cars these days all have some kind of grinding issues.
'
its mainly drivers
alot of ppl cant fuckin drive for shit lol
and then they trade in there cars and us good drivers have to pay for the shit they fucked up :(

but yah even the umm rsx type s and civic si's have tranny problems where there 3rd gears pops out..starts at about 20k miles..but that shits under warranty werd

timemasheen
11-17-2008, 10:32 PM
So yesterday I had errands to do and decided to take out the car for a bit. As I was pulling out of the driveway it took two or three times to get the gears into reverse. In the back of my head I thought that was awkward because it never happened before. Anyways, I was driving down my street and I noticed that my gears would not get into there shift gates and I had to press the clutch a couple of times to get it into gear. >:( So i keep driving to see if it would continue to act awkward. So I drive about a quarter of a mile to where I can speed up and reach third gear. As I was putting it into third gear I hear a nasty long grind and the shift nob wouldn't get in gear :'( It was CONSTANT third gear grinds from there on unless I double clutched it which made no grinds getting into gear. I was hesitant to get into third gear because I can feel it in the shift nob that it was vibrating to get into third :-\ I had a couple of buddies of mine to check it out and we all concluded that it was a syncro problem. I have only 15k miles on my evo and since I had it for about two months I only had intermittent grinds in 5th (only if i was pushing the car). Long story short, I took my car in this morning to SCM since I figured warranty would cover this. So I explained to them what was going on. SCM claimed they had a handful of evos coming in within the past month and a half with the same problem and all of them were covered by warranty. They also said they have syncro upgrades for evos with my situation and so far they have had no complaints from the upgrade. What a depressing day because now I have no evo to drive for a week. However, I get a free rental car which is covered if i need it.

Ill keep this post updated and see what happens. :tickedoff:

soooooo SCM is hooking you up under warranty? or are you paying cashola like the other homies ??

evo_Remix
11-19-2008, 02:11 PM
i got my car fixed under warranty!!!! they have upgraded syncros for the ix so hit up SCM

pjb00stin
11-19-2008, 02:21 PM
what if you didnt get your car from there?

jerrym
11-20-2008, 09:46 AM
kt-so.. ftw.

Wimploki
11-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Thumbs up for SCM. I will surely recommend others to purchase their future Evo there or personally get a hold of Sam for a smashing deal. O0