PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have spare shims for brake pads?

laz1e
11-09-2008, 03:24 AM
Does anyone have spare shims for brake pads? For some reason my driver side has 2 of the same ones.. so one side is facing the wrong way. I was just wondering if anyone had any extras I could have or buy off them?

laz1e
11-09-2008, 03:52 PM
common guys... these sometimes come with brake pads i believe so someone should have some spares... im willing to pay for them. otherwise i gotta ask the dealership for them and then i gotta wait a few days for them to get it

Terenus
11-09-2008, 04:02 PM
People usually reuse their stock ones. Try buying some off lancershop.com or dealership.

Granny Shifter
11-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Call up RRE. Â*I remember I lost 3 of mine and they had some sitting around.

laz1e
11-09-2008, 04:08 PM

Oh cool, did they just give them to you? Or did they sell them to you? I'll give them a call tomorrow. I'm new here but im assuming RRE is that Evo shop that I see people posting about once in a while. I'll try and find their number in a bit. Thanks for the info

laz1e
11-09-2008, 04:10 PM
People usually reuse their stock ones. Try buying some off lancershop.com or dealership.

Yeah, I have my stock ones but for some reason my driver side has two of the same ones... The arrow is supposed to point in the direction that the wheel is going but both of mine point the same way so when you put them on, one points the wrong direction. I don't know if that is going to be bad or not but I want to find a replacement just to be safe. Ive been driving the car with it like that (because I didn't know) and it didnt seem to have any problems. The brake pad did have more wear than on the passenger side though but I don't know if thats because of the shim or not.

Terenus
11-09-2008, 04:20 PM

Yeah, I have my stock ones but for some reason my driver side has two of the same ones... The arrow is supposed to point in the direction that the wheel is going but both of mine point the same way so when you put them on, one points the wrong direction. I don't know if that is going to be bad or not but I want to find a replacement just to be safe. Ive been driving the car with it like that (because I didn't know) and it didnt seem to have any problems. The brake pad did have more wear than on the passenger side though but I don't know if thats because of the shim or not.

Maybe the installer swapped one of the shims with the other wheel?

Skiracer
11-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I bought shims from these guys before
http://www.girodisc.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=29_62_101

laz1e
11-09-2008, 07:31 PM

Maybe the installer swapped one of the shims with the other wheel?

Would you or anyone here happen to know if the rear shims are the same as the front ones?

laz1e
11-09-2008, 07:32 PM

How are these working out for you? Did you buy the front and rears?

Skiracer
11-09-2008, 10:57 PM

How are these working out for you? Did you buy the front and rears?

I'm happy with the Girodisc shims since they cover more surface area compared to OEM's and i think they're cheaper than OEM's as well.Â* Oh, don't need to spend the big $$ for the titanium shims unless you're doing road racing duty, plus the titanium shims are loud. Yes i got the fronts and rears.

Granny Shifter
11-10-2008, 12:15 AM

Oh cool, did they just give them to you? Or did they sell them to you? I'll give them a call tomorrow. I'm new here but im assuming RRE is that Evo shop that I see people posting about once in a while. I'll try and find their number in a bit. Thanks for the info

I bought the shims from them. Correct, RRE is an Evo shop that is quite popular. Here is their phone number:
(562) 777-1522
Good luck!

laz1e
11-12-2008, 04:46 PM
bump.. anyone have extra shims? if not im gonna buy the girodisc ones. i would just prefer the oem ones thats all but not for the price at the dealer...