PDA

View Full Version : RRE + Clutch job = FTMFW!!!

pog0
11-09-2008, 01:24 PM
I just got my clutch replaced by the guys over at RRE on Friday. I got the 3200 no name RRE thuggish ruggish krayzie bone deal. I got there at 2:30, they started at 3:00... The clutch was in by 5:00 and they were pumpin the fluids in. I was out by 7:00 PM. They were cool with me walkin around the shop checkin out all the cars and talkin to them. Their labor charge with the package was pretty much the same price as everyone else. Not only was it a good deal, I don't have worry about the quality of their work. The major plus is that I will have a monster calf in about a month. RRE =Â* O0 O0

GilbertFlores
11-09-2008, 01:35 PM
got my clutch done there about 1yr ago and its been beat to hell, and still running strong O0

cant beat there clutch and price package....and you get good quality for free.. O0

GokuSSJ4
11-09-2008, 09:15 PM
O0 O0
crazy fast,,....

05-EVO-GSR
11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Curious as to why you chose the 3200 lb clutch.

GilbertFlores
11-09-2008, 11:42 PM
its better in the long run and holds more torque and est. horsepower then the 2900.

i think its good for like 560wtq or something like that. its a better buy none the less. but thats my opinion

pog0
11-10-2008, 12:30 AM

My plan in the future is Red with E85. I am definitely going to do E85 alt-map after I get my other mods installed. Mike's recommendation was to get the 3200 since I will be putting down some good torque if and when I get the Red. I would gotten a twin plate or something but those wear out fast for daily driving.

GokuSSJ4
11-10-2008, 08:11 PM
any pedal difference between the 2900 vs 3200 ??

Mike W
11-10-2008, 08:21 PM
2900 clutch is stiffer but most wouldnt necessarily notice the difference. If you did, you get used to it and forget about it.

The 3200 is a stiff clutch. You will eventually get used to it but with a bigger left calf. If someone else gets in your car and steps on it they will know it isnt stock. Lots of stop and go traffic, getting in and out of a sporting event, waiting in line at the border kind of thing will get to you a bit. But it is what you need if you want to drive like a teenager and regularly make over 400 ft pounds of torque.

Mike W

JC
01-23-2009, 04:49 PM
The 3200 is a stiff clutch. You will eventually get used to it but with a bigger left calf. If someone else gets in your car and steps on it they will know it isnt stock. Lots of stop and go traffic, getting in and out of a sporting event, waiting in line at the border kind of thing will get to you a bit. But it is what you need if you want to drive like a teenager and regularly make over 400 ft pounds of torque.

Mike W

I have a 3200 in my car. I drove from Torrance to Santa Clarita in rush hour one time which took about 2.5hrs (for a girl, like a sucker) and my leg went completely numb and I had to hobble around for a little while. That's the only time it's been horrible though. I've been in stop and go traffic for ~1hr many times and it's never been a big deal. I have no hesitations in using it for daily driving. It still rattles like road race installed a free box of rocks with it though.

AaronI1
01-23-2009, 08:57 PM
2900 clutch is stiffer but most wouldnt necessarily notice the difference. If you did, you get used to it and forget about it.

Mike W

I had the krayzie bone 3200 clutch in my IX.Â* Loved it.Â* Clutch pedal was really stiff, but I got used to it since I daily drove my car.Â* Only time I disliked it was when it was raining, and my shoes were wet.Â* When its wet, I had a lot of problems with my shoe slipping off of the stock pedal when pressing/letting out the clutch.Â*

EVO951
01-23-2009, 09:17 PM

Mike W

I had the krayzie bone 3200 clutch in my IX.Â* Loved it.Â* Clutch pedal was really stiff, but I got used to it since I daily drove my car.Â* Only time I disliked it was when it was raining, and my shoes were wet.Â* When its wet, I had a lot of problems with my shoe slipping off of the stock pedal when pressing/letting out the clutch.Â*

+1 slipped off the clutch 2 times today, stupid rain

Skiracer
01-24-2009, 10:53 AM
If your feet are slipping off the pedals, you gotta do the grip tape mod!
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=54754.0

1WkdEvo
01-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Congrats and ups for RRE

diegoalunan
01-24-2009, 12:15 PM
im almost up for a clutch replacement too... rre is the only place il take my car ( evo that is ) and have it serviced by :) quality of work transparency and knowing what there doing is who they are... yikes i sounded like he president haha