PDA

View Full Version : light-weight flywheel

BlkNjaPEvO
11-11-2008, 12:04 AM
is it normal for the act flywheel to make a vibrating LOUD noise as is decelerates? or any light-weight?

j_nizzle
11-11-2008, 12:08 AM
i have the exedy lightweight flywheel and it chatters with usage.

you might want to drive the car to a shop to let them listen to it...it's hard to describes sounds over the internet.

S2myEVO
11-11-2008, 12:31 AM
not sure on that one man.

btw did you read nizzles sig?

VinceR
11-11-2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah i think I get that with my ACt prolite flywheel... also mine makes noise when idling...

But its worth it cuz those revs go up so fast....lol

Mike W
11-11-2008, 03:41 AM
Flywheels cant really make noises or chatter or know the difference between acell and decell. About the only way a flywheel could do all that would be if it were in the process of falling off.

Clutches do all that though. What kind of clutch did you install at the same time?

Mike W

pjb00stin
11-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Flywheels cant really make noises or chatter or know the difference between acell and decell. About the only way a flywheel could do all that would be if it were in the process of falling off.

Clutches do all that though. What kind of clutch did you install at the same time?

Mike W

thats what i was thinking.its probably clutch chatter.

i think he has the exedy stage 1 as per this thread

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=60660.msg7479236#msg7479236

lawlz! @ j_nizzle's sig

littlejap33
01-18-2009, 10:59 PM
try driving a car with at exedy hyper single plate shit chatters like no other hahah

but i dont think the act with at light weight flywheel should chatter to muchhh//

pikadosboy
01-18-2009, 11:25 PM
try driving a car with at exedy hyper single plate shit chatters like no other hahah

but i dont think the act with at light weight flywheel should chatter to muchhh//
If you think the exedy single plate chatters you should try a exedy twin plate in the breaking period, that clutch chatter like a MOFO.