PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on who has a better track car?

HB Evo Owner
11-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Okay so i have a friend that has a camaro that thinks no one can beat him

(told Ca$h about him but my friend didnt want to cuz of money, so u know what guy im talking about right rani?)

so anyways, he has a camaro ss that has a strut tower and some bilsteins and hes making 348/354tq

he tells me that he will rape me at street of willow or any course because his car can handle better than mine.

now... would you agree that his car (having the same driver in each) would be better on the track than mine?

this is my suspension setup and im making 329whp/285wtq:

HKS Hyperdamper PRO coilovers (ride height independent of dampening) w/camber plates (8kg / 10kg spring rates)
Mitsubishi performance front/rear strut tower bars
CUSCO sway bars front/rear
Complete Polyurethane bushing replacement on whole car (including steering rack)
Whiteline bump steer kit

and my question is based off of handling. not if im good at driving or if hes good at driving.

1WkdEvo
11-11-2008, 05:58 PM
He will rape you in the parking lot after being pissed because your car thrashed his on the track

Massimo Power
11-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Camaro would win hands down... it has 4 more cylinders thus making it greater in every way

HB Evo Owner
11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
^^
lol thats the answer he would give me :P

Massimo Power
11-11-2008, 06:29 PM
lol

do you seriously have to ask?

PUNISHER
11-11-2008, 06:30 PM
on the track??? rear wheel drive you have to watch out not to lose the rear on the corners.

Massimo Power
11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Camaros are allergic to real tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTnhvEtslRM&feature=related

PUNISHER
11-11-2008, 06:35 PM
lol........hahahahaha what an idiot!

TheTank
11-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Tell him that I just have suspension and a cat back. No tune no other power mods no mbc no nothing. Tell him to come out on November 19 to Big Willow. If I can "keep up" with him then he pays my track day. :) If I can't keep up with him then I will pay his track day.

HB Evo Owner
11-11-2008, 06:40 PM
alright tank i will ask him :)
yeah he told me he ran big willow before in his old S4 n said he wooped on everyone but its hard to believe.

raulsevo123
11-11-2008, 07:04 PM
why dont u guys jst go track it ur selfs. my cousin has an ss that thing is fast even when it was stock

HB Evo Owner
11-11-2008, 07:07 PM
^^
i know his car is fast. ive raced it at irwindale.
but what im saying is that he is telling me he would kill me on a track with turns, not just on a dragstrip.

he says his car is pretty much like a zo6 with his suspension cuz he has bilsteins. i know he has wilwood brakes too.

ASIXMRSE
11-11-2008, 07:07 PM
yeah he told me he ran big willow before in his old S4 n said he wooped on everyone but its hard to believe.

ok that could be semi possible on a well built S4... its not a bad platform to start with.

but his Camaro Â* smoking your evo.... no way. Â*i mean like you said, throwing out the Â*driver element, theres no way.

ARMORED SNAKE
11-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Okay so i have a friend that has a camaro that thinks no one can beat him

If that is all the Camaro has for suspension, it will be in the Evo's rear view in no time.

he says his car is pretty much like a zo6 with his suspension cuz he has bilsteins. i know he has wilwood brakes too.
LoL, he thinks his car is like a Z06 because he threw on some Bilsteins? You cant even compare that F Body platform to a C6 or even C5... The two platforms are worlds apart in difference.

Thats not to say the Camaro cant handle, they just take a bit of work and money to make them work. There is an LT-1 Camaro that is a 1-LE package car owned by Mike Hadad of Hadad Motor Sports. He took it to Malibu Canyon very often and could kill, this car was stupid fast! I couldn't believe my eyes even though I personally know how well an American Pony car can be made to turn and stop. It was that fast!!!

Any ways, I doubt the person with the Camaro your dealing with has a set up like that of the Camaro I'm telling you about. So if your sure that his Camaro has nothing more than what you listed, you have nothing to worry about.

A stock Evo will kill him at Streets of willow with only pads, fluid, and Race alignment. And with the power your Evo makes, you shouldn't even worry at Big Willow. You should have enough grunt to be able to keep the Camaro behind you.

All this is assuming that both cars will be driven with equal driver skill and with equal grade of tire.

SpySat
11-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Lewis Hamilton has a much better track car. He would hand both of your cars their asses on a platter and leave with all your doors.

jnathan68
11-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Camaros are allergic to real tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTnhvEtslRM&feature=related

LOL...that made my morning

TheTank
11-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Lewis Hamilton has a much better track car. He would hand both of your cars their asses on a platter and leave with all your doors.

I don't think Lewis Hamilton is the OP friend that is talking smack. :D

Miss Evo8
11-12-2008, 07:28 PM
I have the better track car.

JK :D

1WkdEvo
11-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Kidding but true :-)

HB Evo Owner
11-12-2008, 07:30 PM

:P
yeeeah.
but my suspension is up there :)

CASH$ MONEY
11-12-2008, 07:33 PM
can't stand gay ass american cars.

still got luv for vipers/ Z06's thats it.

GokuSSJ4
11-12-2008, 08:19 PM

:P
yeeeah.
but my suspension is up there :)

HB
Didn't you post earlier that you had an untune or off the shelf suspension?? If you want to get the best out of your car and if you are truly serious on taking this individual on his bet at SOW, i would talk to a suspension shop in order for you to get the most out of your set up. At SOW it's fairly significant to have a well tune suspension, tires and brakes along with driving skills or at least to know the track than power mods. It will make a good amount of improvement on your time slips.

HB Evo Owner
11-12-2008, 08:40 PM
no the suspension is tuned. doesn't say in here but everything was done by Darrin at West End and also by Mike Kojima (smartbomb)
http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/turp_0510_project_mitsubishi_lancer_evo_part_4_clu tch/index.html

fastkevin
11-16-2008, 02:37 AM
Tell him that I just have suspension and a cat back. No tune no other power mods no mbc no nothing. Tell him to come out on November 19 to Big Willow. If I can "keep up" with him then he pays my track day. :) If I can't keep up with him then I will pay his track day.

Can I get in on this one too?
If he's scared of the big track, there's a lot of TD's going on everywhere in the next couple of weeks. Fontana, SOW (IIRC) and Buttonwillow (also, IIRC). I'm willing to go to any of 'em, where Tank only commited to the big track :grin:. To be fair, Tank gets him (first)on the big track, but everywhere else I get him. K? O0

fastkevin
11-16-2008, 02:41 AM

ok that could be semi possible on a well built S4... its not a bad platform to start with.

but his CamaroÂ* Â*smoking your evo.... no way.Â* i mean like you said, throwing out theÂ* driver element, theres no way.

I'll race him in his S4 too! PA-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! :-o

TheTank
11-18-2008, 12:41 PM

If he's scared of the big track, there's a lot of TD's going on everywhere in the next couple of weeks. Fontana, SOW (IIRC) and Buttonwillow (also, IIRC). I'm willing to go to any of 'em, where Tank only commited to the big track :grin:. To be fair, Tank gets him (first)on the big track, but everywhere else I get him. K? O0

I can't let you have all the fun. Plus he should have a chance as this is the 1st time in my car at Big Willow. SOW I might attend in Dec depending on how things are going at work. I swear I'll be pissed if I can't get my time down to at least 1:28. I did 1:30 in my real 1st time out at SOW. Then again I was on tires and suspension and no power mods except catback.

Clayapples
11-18-2008, 01:18 PM
His SS will be chasing you like this guy is chasing Miss Evo 8, found it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd2QX-q9lC0

ARMORED SNAKE
11-21-2008, 01:26 AM

And I cant stand gay ass so called "Rap Artist" like your Idol Lil Wayne, but you don't hear me complaining every time I see your avatar... I bet you bite the pillow every night thinking of him putting it in your ass huh?

Just live with it!

flblkevo9
11-21-2008, 01:55 AM

And I cant stand gay ass so called "Rap Artist" like your Idol Lil Wayne, but you don't hear me complaining every time I see your avatar... I bet you bite the pillow every night thinking of him putting it in your ass huh?

Just live with it!

Damn that's pretty gay. You have a very sick mind.

ev0ninerr
11-21-2008, 04:31 AM
Back on topic!

Just run him already. Don't be intimidated as it will only screw you when it's time to go for it. Besides, if he beats you, TheTank will be ahead of him AND you. Win-Win. Still an evo that beat him, he didn't say YOU had to beat him. You could be driving a cressida for anyone cares. lol

fastkevin
11-22-2008, 02:22 AM

I can't let you have all the fun. Plus he should have a chance as this is the 1st time in my car at Big Willow. SOW I might attend in Dec depending on how things are going at work. I swear I'll be pissed if I can't get my time down to at least 1:28. I did 1:30 in my real 1st time out at SOW. Then again I was on tires and suspension and no power mods except catback.

I just wanna race somebody :uglystupid2:
Did you race him on the big track, or are you guys carrying it to the SOW? Money being available, I should be there in December as well

fastkevin
11-22-2008, 02:25 AM

Just live with it!

Uh...pardon me, but I was just scanning the posts to see if Tank and the Camaro raced, and I came across this. Just wondering how it went from a Camaro vs. Evo thread, into somebody biting their pillow..
Only if the answer would be approved by prime-time network censors though.. I gotta week :buck2:k stomach

jerrym
11-25-2008, 02:09 AM
camaro ftw.

FUEL
11-25-2008, 02:19 AM
Internet racing FTL! :buck2:

Miss Evo8
11-25-2008, 03:26 AM
http://www.nrvfaironline.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/derby_495.jpg

Sam Smash
11-25-2008, 05:54 PM
I already settled this issue at one of my track events. You dont even have to seriously try driving to beat the camaro. I have personally owned my fair share of fbody cars, with all the goodies installed on it. My last one had a 383 stroker with a 250 shot of NOS. That car was garbage, I can buy it now at auction for 5k all day long. At the track it couldn't turn for shit, brakes would over heat, car would lean like a cholo.

I remember at one of my events we had a shit talker, how his car is so fast and so great with all his suspension mods. Sway bars, strut bars, shocks, springs, bull shit and more bull shit and he got his ass handed to him by me driving a STOCK STOCK SUPER STOCK WITH STOCK TIRES AND STOCK EVERYTHING Evo 8 !!!

If I were you, take the challenge, mount a camera in your car and embarrass the hell out of this guy. Drag racing I would listen to his crap and he can build a faster car than you, but on a track its not happening.

FUEL
11-25-2008, 10:25 PM
^Are you sure it wasn't a Cobra owner with the loose lips?

ARMORED SNAKE
11-26-2008, 12:23 AM

Just live with it!

Damn that's pretty gay. You have a very sick mind.
F.y.i., the pillow biting thing is an inside jk started by Shawn Pen here on these boards, lol...

I already settled this issue at one of my track events. You dont even have to seriously try driving to beat the camaro. I have personally owned my fair share of fbody cars, with all the goodies installed on it. My last one had a 383 stroker with a 250 shot of NOS. That car was garbage, I can buy it now at auction for 5k all day long. At the track it couldn't turn for shit, brakes would over heat, car would lean like a cholo.

I remember at one of my events we had a shit talker, how his car is so fast and so great with all his suspension mods. Sway bars, strut bars, shocks, springs, bull shit and more bull shit and he got his ass handed to him by me driving a STOCK STOCK SUPER STOCK WITH STOCK TIRES AND STOCK EVERYTHING Evo 8 !!!

If I were you, take the challenge, mount a camera in your car and embarrass the hell out of this guy. Drag racing I would listen to his crap and he can build a faster car than you, but on a track its not happening.
Yeah, F Body's are not Evo's, thats for sure. But if your Camaro's brakes where over heating you needed a brake upgrade. Some thing like what the Evo comes with from the factory would work. The Camaro is not much different from an Evo as far as weight goes, so with a good brake set up there is no reason your Camaros brakes should have over heated.Â*

WoW, don't talk about your mom like that bro!Â* :-o

But hey, she has a Cobra now. At least her loose lips payed for some thing nice, thats the way I see it....

FUEL
11-26-2008, 07:26 AM
WoW, don't talk about your mom like that bro! :-o

But hey, she has a Cobra now. At least her loose lips payed for some thing nice, thats the way I see it....

I did not know you were the last cobra owner on earth, but if the shoe fits.

littlejap33
11-28-2008, 02:02 PM
evo > camaro

all wheel vs rear wheel in turn who has more traction?? evo ftmw!!

ARMORED SNAKE
11-28-2008, 07:32 PM
evo > camaro

Fastest Road Race cars in the world are RWD actually. But in real world conditions AWD kicks the shit out of RWD.

Miss Evo8
11-29-2008, 02:21 AM
:buck2:

Miss Evo8
11-29-2008, 02:24 AM
evo > camaro

Fastest Road Race cars in the world are RWD actually. But in real world conditions AWD kicks the shit out of RWD.
:buck2:

Worksport
12-19-2008, 11:35 AM
want to race our track car at streets ??

its under 400whp

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/Surplus86/CP3_6260.jpg

evoruff
06-01-2009, 04:53 PM
^ sick car