PDA

View Full Version : EVO X CLUTCH

Evotuner1021
11-16-2008, 02:53 AM
well guys i got a quick question for who anybody that owns an EVO X GSR, have u ever had clutch problems? :? i got a friend that barely has 2 months with his GSR, and now hes clutch is slipping, every damn gear it stays IN (not the pedal), i can say that he doesn't race it, yea sometimes a little gas, but on roll. he doesnt know how to launch it ,so that y he never tries it. but what u guys say? probably warranty defect? or maybe the driver :? lol

Massimo Power
11-16-2008, 03:47 AM
Driver for sure...

Ten Evolutions of Evos and a clutch doesnt hold after 2 months? ... Driver...

:)

blkside
11-16-2008, 03:57 AM
thats all driver... him not knowing how to launch and a practice may be it... I have 6500 miles and many hard ones and clutch is fine... driver

Kisada
11-16-2008, 08:04 PM
how do you launch on the stock cluth? I tried 1 and I slipped like mad and then I smelled clutch for days

blkside
11-16-2008, 10:23 PM
take it to 5500 rpm and then dump it with a slight release at the top.... then say goodbye to something

phillies23
11-16-2008, 10:31 PM
dont launch man !

Evotuner1021
11-16-2008, 11:41 PM
hmmm maybe its the way he driving it then, now knowing that u guys never had trouble with that then its not a defect, he barely has 2 months and 10k miles on that evo, mostly long trips, and just a few days this start to happen, i drove it today and when the turbo kicks it and u shift the car revs the hell out then it comes back to normal :? :?

CASH$ MONEY
11-17-2008, 01:08 AM
take it to 5500 rpm and then dump it with a slight release at the top.... then say goodbye to something

yeah evo ix's do that x2 with no clutch problems

pjb00stin
11-17-2008, 01:14 AM
how do you launch on the stock cluth? I tried 1 and I slipped like mad and then I smelled clutch for days

you probably had that traction control (or whatever it is) on

Mike W
11-17-2008, 01:49 AM
It is the same clutch clamp load and disc and disc material as on all the other EVOs since 2003. The difference with the EVO X clutch is a better design on the mouse trap piece that holds the release bearing in. The same clutches that some guys get 60k miles on for 5 years. The same clutches guys have been killing in 2 months and 2k miles for 5 years.

Mike W

Kisada
11-17-2008, 03:12 AM

you probably had that traction control (or whatever it is) on

ASC on will burn my clutch on a launch?

Mike W ... so how do I get 60k miles on my clutch? lol seriously i wanna learn!

srjohns
11-17-2008, 09:31 PM
I changed my driving habits when I bought the VIII, I do a minimal slip in 1st gear, to the point where it almost stalls, and I avoid slipping every other gear all together, its not hard to do, just takes practice. Same thing with the X... as for launching I don't know what to tell you, when I lived out in Hawaii I was at the track every weekend, had over 100+ launches on my stock VIII clutch and got about 35k miles out of it, and I only swapped it out because I was upping the power. Good luck

samsmlee
11-19-2008, 08:57 PM
I had problems at 14k..
I m not all sure whether i know how to drive manual or not anymore
hahah
it's either i drove it wrong when i first bought the car(because i learned to drive manual on the evo x)...
or i will have to replace the clutch at 28k again

i hope it was the way i drove it in the beginning

Evotuner1021
11-20-2008, 02:28 PM
probably haha, well today we when to the dealership and my friend told the service adviser about the clutch problem, and he just told us " oh yea its probably the new clutch system, we will replace it with not charge" we were like " hell yea" O0 :2funny: so all i can say is that he got away with it, lol ............ lucky bastard :tickedoff:

samsmlee
11-21-2008, 02:14 AM
what??
how many miles did he have on it?
what car does he drive

EvO9marine
11-21-2008, 10:44 PM
probably haha, well today we when to the dealership and my friend told the service adviser about the clutch problem, and he just told us " oh yea its probably the new clutch system, we will replace it with not charge" we were like " hell yea" O0 :2funny: so all i can say is that he got away with it, lol ............ lucky bastard :tickedoff:

sweet!!! i like free stuff!!!