PDA

View Full Version : megan o2

cesar326
11-24-2008, 04:40 PM
i bought a use megan o2 housing i wanted to know if i could use the stock gasket and donut since it didnt come with it

littlejap33
11-24-2008, 06:07 PM
im pretty sure u can use it .. the stock gasket is made of metal just look for cracks on the old one .. the install u need to take out the turbo if u didnt know gl man!

pjb00stin
11-25-2008, 09:27 AM
im pretty sure u can use it .. the stock gasket is made of metal just look for cracks on the old one .. the install u need to take out the turbo if u didnt know gl man!

i herd you dont need to remove the turbo to do the o2 housing.im planning on installing my TiTeK soon but im just scared i mite snap some bolts.

MaxKanisha
11-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Nope, remving the turbo is not necessary. I was watching the mechanics do it, all they did was remove the radiator and my downpipe. They used the stock donut gasket and the stock hotside gasket as well.

xxx4reggie
11-25-2008, 01:26 PM
i had mine installed with stock gasket and donut
the stock gasket looked better and stronger so we reused it
works perfect and no leaks :)

Worksport
12-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah all the stock stuff works, i dont recommend the bolts it comes with though

EvilAWD10
12-11-2008, 05:09 PM
If you have the time you should take off the turbo as it'll make the job so much easier in the long run. problem is if you half ass a job you might just take longer at the end. bolts can break or you'll have a hard time running tools through your car to change the o2.

good luck

4G63TURBO
12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
i took my turbo off to do it... all things considered it's not too much more of a hassle. you already have to take out the radiator/ac condensor and downpipe to get enough room to do it.... why not just unbolt the mani and take it all off in one peice... slap the o2 on and put it back in.... trying to unbolt and pry the stock o2 housing off then get the new one in and tightened up right would be a PITA with it still in the engine bay.