PDA

View Full Version : 1st, 2nd, then 3rd slipped a bit

strat10
12-08-2008, 06:13 PM
So, I just paid the toll on 73 going south and decided to have a little fun. Punched it, 1st, 2nd all was good and "evoish", then going to 3rd it seemed to "hesitate" not sure if it was clutch or not, it did seem to slip a bit. After reading some of these posts I sure hope nothing is wrong with it. I have driven standard cars all my life and never had any issues with clutches. I havt felt it happen since then, but havnt really pushed it it like that.

Anyone else seem to have this issue?

samsmlee
12-23-2008, 12:26 PM
I own a evo x,
and I had to change the clutch at 14k.

Did you launch the car often?

strat10
12-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Not really, I wouldnt say I baby the car, but launching off the line is not something I do very often. I guess I will just have to see what happens.

edgardpanamanunez
08-21-2012, 08:23 PM
im at 23k miles and my clutch just started slipping on 5th, i brought it in and mechanic told me my ecu needed to be upgraded, which describes the fluctuating rpms...because of the new test pipe and other mods...
drove a few days more now every gear slips when i give it more than 60% throttle or at high rpms..
brought it to the dealer.. clutch is destroyed...
still trying to decide what clutch and flywheel to get now, not the dealer they are charging $2000+ for the job.
be careful with it

08-21-2012, 10:21 PM
you just bumped a old ass thread..

your dealer/ mechanic sounds like a idiot and that you dont know much about what your driving...

you can get a good quality clutch job for well under 2k