PDA

View Full Version : Removal of Rear Tail Lights

AaronI1
12-11-2008, 09:10 PM
So, I just bought some Ralliart tails and I came across this speedbump.Â* I dont know how to take off the fucking lights on the trunk lid.Â* Its held on by two 10mm nuts and some plastic cap shit.Â* So, for you guys that have swapped out your tails or removed them, please help a pissed off brotha out.

Thanks in Advance

Aaron

kimletrim
12-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Its super easy. You'll have to remove the felt cover first by popping the plastic pins off. You will then see two 10mm nuts that will need to come off. You'll also need to remove a couple plastic retaining nuts that secure two pins. When all of that has been removed, you can then gently push the light outward and the light assembly should be out of the trunk cavity.

AaronI1
12-11-2008, 11:53 PM
im having trouble taking off both of those plastic retaing clips. what do I do to pull off those gay clips?

kimletrim
12-12-2008, 12:30 AM
You should be able to pull them off with some force. If not take a pair of needle nose pliers and try to pull them away. Or you could use a flat head screwdriver to pop them loose.

evogeo
12-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Use pliers to ttake those gay plastic clips off.. I was having trouble up until I thought "hey I should just use some pliers" hahaha then it was a breeze

Also your going to have to push those pins from the inside out!! I pushed w/my palm.. But I placed a piece of plastic on my palm before I pushed! =p

Also I don't think the push is gentle.. Its needs lots of force! Imo

AaronI1
12-12-2008, 01:37 PM
ok, figured it out guys. thanks for your help fellas. those retaining clips were gay.

xooet64oox
12-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes, they were very gay. You really just need to take out the light bulbs and push out from the inside. The inner traillights were easy, it's the outside ones that was "fun". I did scratch my trunk when the inner flew out harder then i thought. Still pissed I messed up my trunk.