PDA

View Full Version : Need IC

LiquidLife
12-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Hey TTech, do you guys have any used Intercoolers over there that will fit stock piping? I'm want to replace my damaged IC for an aftermarket IC. I'm thinking about just buying the AMS IC, how much would you guys charge to install it for me? I would install it myself but one of the main bolts you have to get to by pulling off that small plastic cap in the front won't come out. It spins but doesn't want to get out of there!

Let me know, thanks.

LiquidLife
12-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Well I got the Perrin Intercooler in last night... I was surprised it got here so quickly!Â* I wasn't expecting it until Friday maybe so I was pretty happy, big smile on my face!

Anyway, I just went ahead and installed it myself in my garage last night, fun stuff.Â* I had to un-bolt the power steering line and tuck it in closer to the radiator, and with the wire mesh on the bumper, it's a little harder to put back on, tight fit, but fits perfectly none the less.

I was thinking about taking the wire mesh off, but it gives the IC a little protection and I just didn't feel like it.Â* I dunno what do you guys think, should I take the wire mesh off?Â* You guys never got back to me I was going to have you install it but you must be busy...Â*

Car feels smoother on WOT-and stronger, and seems to fluctuate back and forth between 22 and 23 psi slightly more than before on 5th gear down around 3,500 rpms.

Alfred@TTech
12-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Leave the mesh on josh:)

LiquidLife
12-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey I'm glad you chimed in, you think the slightly higher boost readings will be a problem? Seems to only hit 23 only slightly more (this is from looking at my electronic boost gauge) than before at low rpms.