PDA

View Full Version : Best performance alignment?

triguy
12-25-2008, 06:09 PM
What alignment settings are EVO X owners running for the track and canyon runs? Not many posts on this topic for the X, even on evolutionm.net.

I've had my X for less than 2 months and have been focusing on engine mods and will shift to suspension mods. I might do an occasional track weekend, not nearly as much as I did in my WRX. I'll probably stick to lowering springs, stiffer sway bars, and a performance alignment.

I have the Fastrax alignment tool, which I used for several years on my WRX, and am going to bump up the neg. camber on the X. The stock camber settings were measured and they were driver front -1.5, pass front -1.4, driver rear -1.4, pass rear -1.35.

I'm thinking about flipping the front camber bolt to see if I can hit -2.5, and shoot for a tad more neg camber in the rear, say -1.8.

fastkevin
12-30-2008, 01:06 AM
It'll depend on how much you value tire life on the street vs. traction on the track. Obviously driving around on the street with a bunch of negative camber will wear out your tires pretty quick. If your car spends it's time on the track, not so much.
I went with track setting(s) and therefore am -2 +

FreddysEvolutionIX
12-30-2008, 01:46 AM
One word.
RobiSpec

Massappeal
01-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey try! Robispec is coming to hbspeed to do alignments next week! you should hit up Jon about it! O0

pink godzila
04-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Just take yor car to West End.. and tell them what set up you want