PDA

View Full Version : IC + PIPING + 02/DP = 44hp 38tq

evogeo
12-26-2008, 12:52 AM
The blue line represents my old tune:
drop in filter (works)
tp (Ultimate Racing)
cbe (greddy ti-c)

and the green line represents my new retune..with added parts!!
4" ic + full piping (ETS)
02/dp combo!! (Ultimate Racing)

24psi
91oct gas

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/bikergeo/dp-ic-pipes-after350hp-800.jpg

I highly recommend to get retuned for any of these parts!!

btw Mike from RRE is the man behind this wonderfull tune!! also the ic + piping & o2/dp can be purchased from rre!!

------->>http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox.htm

Enjoitk
12-26-2008, 01:01 AM
how much did it cost for all 3, ic + piping, dp, and retune?

evogeo
12-26-2008, 01:05 AM
the prices are all listed in the link i posted ^^^^ on the bottom of my first post!

mondizzie_evo
12-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Damn geo you leaving me behind..lol

Enjoitk
12-26-2008, 01:08 AM
was it less than 2 g's with retune and install?

evogeo
12-26-2008, 01:19 AM
well i installed the ic + piping by myself but i let rre install the UR 02/dp for me cause i know that piece is a pain in the ass to install!!
so i dont know what they charghe to install the ic... but how i did it.. yeah its less than 2g's
but just to be sure you should contact rre and get a quote from them directly!!!

Kisada
12-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Let me start of this post by saying I am a tuning/dyno chart reading n00b!

Anyway, a few questions.

Your tune shows torque at 267 going to 306 ... but its much lower than your HP number ... other charts I've noticed that their torque numbers were very close to their HP numbers. Any specific reason why?

And 306whp/267torque was your first tune ... what did your car run stock before that tune? Just so I can get an idea of the overall gain in power on that dyno from stock. The whole different dynos reading different numbers makes it pretty annoying/hard to understand power gain for nubs like me without seeing a comparo of that car on that dyno in stock form lol.

Anyway from the sounds of it you're extremely happy with the way the car feels lol!

thanks

evogeo
12-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Let me start of this post by saying I am a tuning/dyno chart reading n00b!

Anyway, a few questions.

Your tune shows torque at 267 going to 306 ... but its much lower than your HP number ... other charts I've noticed that their torque numbers were very close to their HP numbers. Any specific reason why?

And 306whp/267torque was your first tune ... what did your car run stock before that tune? Just so I can get an idea of the overall gain in power on that dyno from stock. The whole different dynos reading different numbers makes it pretty annoying/hard to understand power gain for nubs like me without seeing a comparo of that car on that dyno in stock form lol.

Anyway from the sounds of it you're extremely happy with the way the car feels lol!

thanks

its cool kisada im probly more of a noob than u are!! im learning as i go.. so i hope i correctly answer ur question hahhaha..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/bikergeo/dp-ic-pipes-after350hp-800.jpg

if u look at the graph the 306hp is being located from the 6012 rpm!! that is not my overall hp!! my overal is 330hp at about 6500rpm!! but this graph is showing the lowest point of my old tune compared to the highest point of my new tune!! it just happens to be that the new tune peaks hp at 6021... round these up and basically at 6000rpm i have a gain of 44hp!!

same goes for the tq!!the graph is representing a difference at about 6000 rpm!! but the peak tq is at about 4500rpm!!
this graph is representing the biggest gain of hp & tq from the parts that i added...

hope i didnt confuse anyone.. or confuse myself hahhaha :uglystupid2:

bluefire7002
12-26-2008, 10:16 PM
nice gains... so you never dynoed it before you had the exhaust, drop in?

evogeo
12-26-2008, 10:21 PM

nope i neve did a STOCK baseline without any mods... just with my mods on and no tune!!

AaronI1
12-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Great numbers geo.Â* I want a intercooler and that o2/dp.Â* I should make some good numbers with that type of setup also.

I have a baseline run while I was stock.Â* I'll post it when I find it

AaronI1
12-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Here you go. My dyno sheet

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=63311.msg7407766#msg7407766

Kisada
12-27-2008, 01:20 AM
so comparing aaronI1's stock run ... with evogeo's tuned/modified run ... 270whp > 350whp ... 80whp gain .. yum

still one question though ... why do all these runs on RRE's dyno register lower torque.
AaronI1's was 317whp/245tq.
evogeo did a 351whp/306tq

and just to point out what I'm talking about (not a shop vs shop type of thing)
HB speed got 321whp/320tq

my noobness tells me that more torque is better ... and so if evogeo's tune numbers had a similar gap in hp vs tq as HB speed's ... that would be 351whp/350tq!

Again I'm total n00b and just curious! lol

evogeo
12-27-2008, 02:43 AM
Different Dyno, Different Cars..................Different Day, Different Numbers...............

all true but!!! kisada still misread the graph!! :?

so comparing aaronI1's stock run ... with evogeo's tuned/modified run ... 270whp > 350whp ... 80whp gain .. yum

still one question though ... why do all these runs on RRE's dyno register lower torque.
AaronI1's was 317whp/245tq.
evogeo did a 351whp/306tq

and just to point out what I'm talking about (not a shop vs shop type of thing)
HB speed got 321whp/320tq

my noobness tells me that more torque is better ... and so if evogeo's tune numbers had a similar gap in hp vs tq as HB speed's ... that would be 351whp/350tq!

Again I'm total n00b and just curious! lol

aarons stock run was with his bolt-ons already on.. its not a stock baseline!! but like "fastforward2" said..(Different Dyno, Different Cars..Different Day, Different Numbers.)

also you misread my the graph again!!.. the graph reads 350whp/341tq

also on a side note.. my old tune was at 330whp/330tq :grin:
btw this baseline is also with my bolt-ons..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/bikergeo/330hpbefore-after-med.jpg

but enough with numbers.. what matters is the GAIN!!!

hope that helped a bit..

Kisada
12-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Ah I see! ... and ya I know its the gain that is important.

350whp/341tq is awesome! lol

thanks guys ... being able to ask these n00b questions helped a bunch! ... can't wait to get tuned!

Question for ya evogeo .. seeing as how you got tuned 2x already ...
Should I wait to get all the bolt ons I want before getting tuned to save money?
Or is the retune cheap enough that I should just go get tuned asap then worry about retuning once I get more upgrades?

Currently I have AEM intake, HKS IC piping, Tanabe cat-back, AMS HFC, and soon ARC FMIC.
Items I'm waiting on are AMS O2/dp and a 3" catback (so I can be full 3" TBE).

evogeo
12-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Ah I see! ... and ya I know its the gain that is important.

350whp/341tq is awesome! lol

thanks guys ... being able to ask these n00b questions helped a bunch! ... can't wait to get tuned!

Question for ya evogeo .. seeing as how you got tuned 2x already ...
Should I wait to get all the bolt ons I want before getting tuned to save money?
Or is the retune cheap enough that I should just go get tuned asap then worry about retuning once I get more upgrades?

Currently I have AEM intake, HKS IC piping, Tanabe cat-back, AMS HFC, and soon ARC FMIC.
Items I'm waiting on are AMS O2/dp and a 3" catback (so I can be full 3" TBE).

i think since ur so close u should just wait!! the reason i got tuned then bought more parts and tuned again is because i thought i wasnt gonna add more parts till about a year later hahhahahaha...

but i got an itch i had to scrath :( you know how it is when u get the modding bug.. i shoulda known better hahahha

sxe_davexxx
12-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Awesome gains... I've seen his car evolve since day one..

Whole different car now! Congrats...

MinusPrevious
12-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Well Done YoV!!!............I see this car often & know the attention to detail............I am
now concerned that my Nine will no longer keep up w/ these numbers >:(.......Although, I want to run sxe_davexxx's car
for pinks :D.....Minus-Pre

sxe_davexxx
12-29-2008, 09:22 PM
I am now concerned that my Nine will no longer keep up w/ these numbers >:(.......Although, I want to run sxe_davexxx's car
for pinks :D.....Minus-Pre
hahahah.... i have a feeling your light weight nine will put us to shame...

but im up for a friendly run any day :D

EvoSwaggA
01-01-2009, 11:14 PM
wow great gains!..... Question: if you decide to upgrade to a open element type air filter (i.e. HKS Suction, Injen, K&N), would you have to then re-tune?

If so, I'm assuming its safe to say that you will hit the 50hp mark ;)

evogeo
01-02-2009, 02:20 AM
If I were to put an open element filter yyes I would retune... is it needed? Idk...

Would I gain more hp....?¿

I also don't know....

Mike W
01-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Swapping from a stock air box to an aftermarket filter assy will lean things out some. If you are untuned and already running rich, this is a good thing and you dont need to get retuned.

But if you were already tuned to the ideal air/fuel ratio with what you have then changing to a part that leans things out more would be a problem. In this car's case it would need a retune if the filter assy was changed.

Mike W

jerrym
01-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Great Gains. Congrads.

xxxAce21xxx
01-05-2009, 01:48 PM
dam those are sexy numbers O0

toku-one
01-05-2009, 07:31 PM
your post makes me want to buy my intercooler and get tuned asap.

i did 300whp (no tune) with aem intake, ets i/c pipe, ur o2/dp, rally cat and chris type exhaust.

i think i may have to scratch my itch sooner rather than later.

evogeo
01-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Great Gains. Congrads.

dam those are sexy numbers O0

thanks guys ;)

your post makes me want to buy my intercooler and get tuned asap.

i did 300whp (no tune) with aem intake, ets i/c pipe, ur o2/dp, rally cat and chris type exhaust.

i think i may have to scratch my itch sooner rather than later.

hahhahahah.. seems like ull be right up there where i am after getting a tune..
sometimes its hard to control that itch isnt itÂ* :grin:
the car feels awesome :smitten:

toku-one
01-06-2009, 01:06 PM
hahhahahah.. seems like ull be right up there where i am after getting a tune..
sometimes its hard to control that itch isnt it :grin:
the car feels awesome :smitten:

yeah... the feel over stock at what i have (47-48whp gain) is amazing, i cant want to make that jump again.

only draw back is once i get there, i know im gonna start eyingw those cosworth cams