PDA

View Full Version : Streetable Race Clutches To Try Out

Mike W
12-29-2008, 02:00 PM
I have two streetable race clutches to try out for two different manufacturers. I am looking for guys that daily drive their EVO 8/9. Cars that dont spend more time in the shop than on the road :-P

Clutch One:

Twin disc ceramic/metallic friction material with solid hubs
Push type conversion similar to a Carbonetic pushme-pullyou gizmo on the outside of the tranny.
Small diameter pressure plate with aluminum cover and very light pedal effort
Steel flywheel, not too light to keep it streetable

Think a Quartermaster type twin disc set up with a Carbonetic type actuator.

This clutch has solid hubs in the disc so you will get some coast down gear noise when you let off the gas. It has been tested before in another car for about two weeks, just looking for some longer term driving and for someone to have some fun on it.

The clutch is free. We need to do the install. It will cost you $550 to get it installed. I need someone making at least 400 hp. I'll let it go to a stock turbo car if you are on Alky injection or have an E-85 tune. Otherwise it needs to in a car with a biggee turbo. It makes a little twin disc rattle, it was not chattery. It will take a little getting used to.

Clutch Two

Twin disc carbon friction material with solid hubs
Fulll carbon friction faces. This is a full carbon clutch, not a carbon-steel clutch.
Pull type using the stock release bearing
Steel flywheel, not too light to keep it streetable

This clutch has solid hubs in the disc so you will get some coast down gear noise when you let off the gas. It has been tested before in another EVO twice to test different friction compounds. It has been a Goldielocks kind of deal with one too hard, one too soft. We have a new compound that should be juuuuust right. Just looking for some longer term driving and for someone to have some fun on it. Retail on this puppy will be close to $3k. Think Tilton but with out the goofy release bearing and million dollar rebuilds. We have had one in a 400+ hp DSM for a long time and it is all good.

The clutch is free. We need to do the install. It will cost you $550 to get it installed. I need someone capable of making at least 500 hp. Someone with at least a 3076 size turbo with an E-85 tune or a race gas budget. If you dont have a dyno chart well into the 400s hp dont even ask.

Both clutches... if they suck, break, otherwise piss you off in an unreasonable amount of time, you will be responsible to get the car to the shop. We will take it back out and put your original clutch back in. You will be responsible for giving regular useful feedback about your driving, abuse, racing exploits.

E-MAIL ME AT [email protected] if you are interested in either one.

Mike W

Matt@M1AutoSport
12-29-2008, 02:03 PM
o deng! bump for you sir!!!

Matt@M1AutoSport
12-29-2008, 02:05 PM
so these are for only cars for 400-500 whp correct?

those are the qualifications?

Mike W
12-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Like I said with the twin disc ceramic/metallic clutch I'll forgive a little if you have an E-85 tune or alky injection and you have a lot of fun with the car. As long as you have upper 300s hp it's cool. But stock turbo and no E-85/alky then there is no point. I want it tested :-)

There are already lots of nice options for guys with low to mid 300s hp. Heck, even the ACT 3200 does really well for guys well into the 400s for cheap compared to these. Some guys want something more fashionable so we are always looking for new options for something better and you cant blame us for trying, right?. I have yet to see the Fashion Clutch that beats the palin old boring ACT or the no name ones we sell dollar for dollar.

Mike W

1WkdEvo
12-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Bump

Enjoitk
12-31-2008, 11:40 PM
to bad this wasnt for the evo X, id be all over this!

bump

heingtaing
02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
still available?

yeloevo8
02-12-2009, 11:41 PM
i'm intrested. are these brand new? im running all bolt ons and fp red with alky. just need a retune

Mike W
02-13-2009, 12:27 AM
They are no longer available. The second one above started slipping pretty much right away and is still in devolopment. Night be available for a try out again sometime with new friction material. Y'all didnt miss out on anything.

The "Clutch One" above rocks and may be the first RRE approved Fashion Twin Dics clutch EVAR!

Mike W

vial8or
02-13-2009, 02:48 AM
They are no longer available. The second one above started slipping pretty much right away and is still in devolopment. Night be available for a try out again sometime with new friction material. Y'all didnt miss out on anything.

The "Clutch One" above rocks and may be the first RRE approved Fashion Twin Dics clutch EVAR!

Mike W

Clutch one does rock!
Easy to break in, minimum chatter, excellent grip and response.
Very happy with it :)

FUEL
02-13-2009, 11:00 AM
What colors does the "Fashion" Twin Disc come in?

stormbird
02-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey Mike,

Is there going to be a DSM version of clutch #1 at some point? Once I finish the break-in on the 2.3 that robert made for me I may need something more stout. :twisted:

Jason