PDA

View Full Version : What MODS do you have & did you do them yourself?

demetry14
01-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Removed.

Kisada
01-04-2009, 03:24 AM
HKS IC Pipe kit (self installed with the help of danielskshin)
Tanabe Cat back (installed by mightygnu)
Tanabe springs (installed by mightygnu)
AEM intake (self installed)

I have AMS shifter bushings, AMS HFC, and C-West hood scoop en route ... all of which I will install on my own. I would like to install as much on my own as possible but am very n00b to doing work on cars. If I can find a tutorial I'll read over it and see if its something I'd be able to tackle ... but I am totally aware of my limitations.

christoph562
01-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Full JR built Prototype Turbo back Exhaust - JR Built installed
Poormans short ram intake (replace air box with cone filter) - Self installed
Eibach Pro Sport Lowering Springs - JR Built Installed

j_nizzle
01-13-2009, 12:05 PM
ALSO, IF YOU NEED HELP LET ME KNOW. I AM MORE THEN WILLING TO HELP OUT MY FELLOW EVO OWNERS FOR A SMALL FEE.

asking for a ban buddy?

Sxhawnn
01-13-2009, 12:07 PM
LOL seriously

EvoVIIIGSR
01-13-2009, 12:10 PM
2005 EB Evo VIII GSR

Blitz Nur-Spec R Cat-Back Exhaust (self installed)
Helix Test Pipe (self installed)
Tanabe Racing Downpipe (self installed)
Injen SP1898blk UICP/LICP/Intake (self installed)
HKS Turbo timer (friend and I)
...and more to come =)

demetry14
01-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Removed.

demetry14
01-15-2009, 02:23 AM
Removed.

MJCT9A
01-15-2009, 02:30 AM
NO I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A BAN, I have been out of work for over 9 months. I also know how to work on cars so i figured I'd put it out there that i can help & hopefully stay a float while i do so.

you just joined so it's a newbie mishap. but if you read there are a dime a dozen members that offer to tear down your shit and put it back together for peanuts. not that your work is not credible but just keep it on the dl. word by mouth would be your best bet. keep wrenching brother O0

personally i have seen better work from some of the members here than from some of the shops...but that's another story. :twisted:

evomarc
01-15-2009, 02:33 AM
This thread makes me lol

GilbertFlores
01-15-2009, 04:33 AM
NO I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A BAN, I have been out of work for over 9 months. I also know how to work on cars so i figured I'd put it out there that i can help & hopefully stay a float while i do so.

you just joined so it's a newbie mishap. but if you read there are a dime a dozen members that offer to tear down your shit and put it back together for peanuts. not that your work is not credible but just keep it on the dl. word by mouth would be your best bet. keep wrenching brother O0

personally i have seen better work from some of the members here than from some of the shops...but that's another story. :twisted:
+1 to this, i did some work for a guy, he posted about it and they banned my PM box....so keep your work as helping out someone. what you make off it, is your business.

Also, to the op, dont cry so much when people say something against you. not everyone is going to be right by your side with what you say and the faster you learn that the faster we can all go on living our lives. plenty of people have been off work for a long ass time, so nothing make you so special to throw a fit about it. at least you still have your car unlike some of the members that had to sell there shit. so, from the community, chill out a bit. O0

Kisada
01-15-2009, 09:57 AM
from what I've seen on socalevo.net ...

you GOTTA have thick skin! hahaha

strat10
01-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah, this can be a rough place, but full of information....and sometimes laughs, like this thread!

raulsevo123
01-15-2009, 12:36 PM
just remember the more lil stars u have the coooler u are

MRavenIX
01-15-2009, 12:57 PM
^^...and that's why I'm cooler than Raul O0

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terenus
01-15-2009, 04:01 PM
I can't see my stars. :'(

MRavenIX
01-15-2009, 04:04 PM
ur stars dont matter anyways

MOD title = PWNAGE of others

demetry14
01-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Removed.

white9
01-15-2009, 05:37 PM
I should be at least canyon racer since I have raced the canyon from brea to chino hills.Â* You know "Carbon Canyon"Â* but anyway...

That's Illegal...

toku-one
01-15-2009, 05:46 PM
i was gonna add my mods, but this thread is too funny to add any more useful info to

LiquidLife
01-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Sad, really... ^

MJCT9A
01-15-2009, 06:18 PM
just remember the more lil stars u have the coooler u are

actually the more stars you have the more pathetic you are since apparently this is the only forum you frequent and post in :buck2: specially if you joined less than a year ago....WOW just WOW

1WkdEvo
01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
How did I miss this thread? It is full of ownage just waiting to happen

Sxhawnn
01-15-2009, 06:28 PM

Sorry, you must be rich and milking the actual hired help j_nizzle & Sxhawnn.

Its not even about sick skin, I think its just about being oversensitive. I'm not rich and I dun scoff at people that do their own installs, I try as much as I can but most of the time I ask for help. But I was just pointing out the obvious. Advertising doing installations for money and then calling us assholes for pointing out the fact that your gonna get banned.

demetry14
01-16-2009, 04:39 AM
Removed.

MJCT9A
01-16-2009, 05:53 AM
I meant it as in a bear

http://www.atalude.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/fuckthisimouttahere.jpg

GilbertFlores
01-16-2009, 07:37 AM
I have shops do all my installs. Â*And WOW you really race in the canyons? So do you have any time slips for this "racing"? Trophies? Money? Pics of a skank in a bikini next to your car? Does Mitsubishi corporate sponsor you?
Another question... I'm curious... You tune your X yourself? Ecuteck? AEM? Accessport? What are you using to tune your vehicle? Do you canyon race and tune at the same time? Cuz that would be pretty cool! BTW what suspension are you running? Suspension settings? Tires? What PSI are your tires set at? So you rely heavily on that ACD and AYC your car came equipt with? I know this "Canyon" you speak of...there's quit a bit of traffic on it getting to Chino Hills... Its not too challenging really. It has some gravel in areas...reminds me of Santiago Canyon a bit...except it has more trees, houses, and traffic at all hours. So after your "racing" does the litte coffee cup turn on in your cluster to remind you to rest? My Evo isn't that advanced so I kinda have to rely on my senses to drive the car. Well happy modding and "racing"!
LMAO

LiquidLife
01-16-2009, 07:46 AM
dude stop posting...

BULLET8071
01-16-2009, 07:59 AM
i work on cars all day..i do it for a living..im too lazy to work on my own..ahahaha

my cars are stock..

i love socalevo.net

strat10
01-16-2009, 12:55 PM
I think the Batman costume makes you go faster :)

demetry14
01-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Removed.

gravvyboy
01-17-2009, 12:28 AM
I think the Batman costume makes you go faster :)

Maybe the EvoX is replacing the Tumbler in the new movie. They could be going back to the old Bat-Suit ya know. Maybe that's what his sig pic is alluding to:

Holly Turbo Lag Batman! You're BOV is loud!

muahahahaha

oh no look out! it's the STY Guy!!

What should we do now Batman? He'll try to Smash on us with his horrible horrible Slowbaru...

Lucky for me Robin I brought my "STY?" stickers. If I put enough on his windshield he won't be able to see us!

pikadosboy
01-17-2009, 12:44 AM
thisÂ* thread is funny as hell Wuahahahaha

CASH$ MONEY
01-17-2009, 01:31 AM
ALSO, IF YOU NEED HELP LET ME KNOW. I AM MORE THEN WILLING TO HELP OUT MY FELLOW EVO OWNERS FOR A SMALL FEE.

asking for a ban buddy? ============= ++++1 :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

ROFL

jaydm73
01-17-2009, 02:00 AM
I have shops do all my installs. Â*And WOW you really race in the canyons? So do you have any time slips for this "racing"? Trophies? Money? Pics of a skank in a bikini next to your car? Does Mitsubishi corporate sponsor you?
Another question... I'm curious... You tune your X yourself? Ecuteck? AEM? Accessport? What are you using to tune your vehicle? Do you canyon race and tune at the same time? Cuz that would be pretty cool! BTW what suspension are you running? Suspension settings? Tires? What PSI are your tires set at? So you rely heavily on that ACD and AYC your car came equipt with? I know this "Canyon" you speak of...there's quit a bit of traffic on it getting to Chino Hills... Its not too challenging really. It has some gravel in areas...reminds me of Santiago Canyon a bit...except it has more trees, houses, and traffic at all hours. So after your "racing" does the litte coffee cup turn on in your cluster to remind you to rest? My Evo isn't that advanced so I kinda have to rely on my senses to drive the car. Well happy modding and "racing"!
LMAO

hahahaha

EvoVIIIGSR
01-17-2009, 03:08 AM
Maybe the EvoX is replacing the Tumbler in the new movie. They could be going back to the old Bat-Suit ya know. Maybe that's what his sig pic is alluding to:

Holly Turbo Lag Batman! You're BOV is loud!

muahahahaha

oh no look out! it's the STY Guy!!

What should we do now Batman? He'll try to Smash on us with his horrible horrible Slowbaru...

Lucky for me Robin I brought my "STY?" stickers. If I put enough on his windshield he won't be able to see us!

lmfao! wtf....too funny =P

demetry14
01-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Removed.

Sxhawnn
01-20-2009, 01:45 AM
and whats the original purpose of this thread? You advertising your services as an installer for a fee? I just wanted to confirm so that I can type IBL and ban hammer on the mother fucking way.

Sxhawnn
01-20-2009, 01:47 AM
Wow see people really are fucken airheads. Since when does SMALL FEE specifically mean MONEY.

I meant it as in a beer, food, alcohol or even just privileging me with driving your ride after I help you fix it.

BUT WHATEVER, I'M OVER IT. I DO MODS MYSELF, NEVER BITCH OUT OF A CHALLENGE. OH & BY THE WAY PAY FOR YOUR SHIT TO BE TUNED. I DID MY TUNE MYSELF, ARE YOU HAPPY YOU GOT MILKED.

:mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu:

Racing the canyon is only illegal if you get caught or are a crappy driver & crash. OTHERWISE PROVE IT WAS DONE OFFICER.

LOL nobody is assuming shit. You yourself said that you lost your job and your hoping that doing installs will keep you affloat. Does that mean that some beer and some rides will pay your bills?

demetry14
01-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Removed.

demetry14
01-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Removed.

Sxhawnn
01-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Obviously I see what the title says, but I also see what your first post says.Â* Maybe you should change the title to:Â* "Re: What MODS do you have & did you do them yourself? btw I charge for installs"

Oh yea btw i'm not the air head.Â* Since when did small fees mean money? well I just looked it up on dictionary.com and small means "insignificant" while fee means:

"1. a charge or payment for professional services: a doctor's fee.Â*
2. a sum paid or charged for a privilege: an admission fee."

So hence small fee means a small amount of money.

I usually don't like getting into it with people on the forums but it seems like you called me an asshole because I "assumed" that fee means money and told you you were gonna get banned for it.

Nothing personal btw, I'm just stating the obvious

demetry14
01-20-2009, 02:09 AM
Removed.

Sxhawnn
01-20-2009, 02:21 AM
LOL i did cite dictionary.com and are you reading what your citing? there are multiple instances in there where fee means "money". Unless your referring to "the hire of land" LOL.

Please stop with the ignorance, when you say small fee, everybody knows you mean money. Why try to hide it now. Especially after you admitted that you wanna do installs to "keep you afloat" Wait does that mean to help you float in water in some way or does that mean like help you pay the bills.

I'm confused now. Since fees don't mean money to you, does afloat mean like to help you swim?

demetry14
01-20-2009, 02:38 AM
Removed.

Sxhawnn
01-20-2009, 02:52 AM
LOL YOU ARE HILARIOUS MY FRIEND

Lets recap.Â* First you say:

"hey guys what parts have you installed and oh btw i can help for a small fee"

To which you later admit that OoO i want to do this so I can "stay afloat"

Then you change your mind and say "hey you guys have got me all wrong, you guys are the asstards for assuming i meant money"

Fee can mean "beer or right to land" <--- this statement is completely irrelevant because its just pointing out an alternative meaning to the word

"So there haha I pwn you and your stupid, how dare you assume I meant money"

Here's an analogy

One of my male friends says "hey BRAD PITT IS HOTT"

And I would say dude stop being "gay"

ANd he could reply dude stop being a homophobe and my hypothetical reply (analogous to yours) would be

"DUDE how dare you assume that I meant homosexual, I meant happy and giddy because thats what gay can also mean, so there, I pwn you and your stupid"

LOL do you see the retardedness of your argument?

And if you don't see the validness of this analogy, its you who can't keep up and not the analogy that doesn't make sense.

EDIT: Oh yea when I cited dictionary.com it's only for the word "fee" those are the first two definitions it gives.

FUEL
01-20-2009, 02:59 AM
So... Whens your next "race" ?

lznk41
01-20-2009, 03:30 AM
this thread is hilarious.

Maybe instead of using the word fee, you could have been more specific.

anyways, back on topic. i do most of the work on my car by myself except for headwork/valvetrain work, usually have my friend help me with the electrical stuff.

LiquidLife
01-20-2009, 09:28 AM
ive done my intake, intercooler, and lower ic pipe and catback and test pipe, and shift bushings, but ttech did everything else including a tune.

i wish i could get some rench time in and learn the trade... im going to college right now, im going to change my major to science and get certified in auto performance as a requirement for the science degree, it will be fun.

EVO951
01-20-2009, 10:06 AM
I meant it as in a bear

http://www.atalude.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/fuckthisimouttahere.jpg

Funny Shit! LMAO!

4g63superboost
01-20-2009, 10:18 AM
i highly doubt you will do "everything" on your car, there is some stuff u just need to take it to a shop for .....no and ifs or buts ....

LiquidLife
01-20-2009, 10:21 AM
my goal is to be able to do everything myself, i enjoy it a lot

hiphopislife
03-21-2009, 12:24 PM
the hell is going on in here

08evox
10-03-2009, 07:03 AM
injen CAI, Ultimate Racing TBE, Works Short Shifter, Eibach Prokit Springs, 30 PSI Boost Gauge, K40 Radar Detector (hard wired),

All installed by myself.

STIH8TER
10-25-2009, 12:57 PM
AEM CAI installed by me and friend. Blitz NUR Catback Exhaust (Edo Install tuned to 23PSI) 310WHP, 320Trq.
HKS Turbo Timer (Buddy from Best Buy install) HKS HiperMAX III Sport coilovers (installed by Darrin at West End).
Evolution mud flaps installed by SCM.

BOSSEVOIX
10-25-2009, 03:01 PM
didnt do anything myself but its too much to list, basically a turbo upgrade with all supporting mods and full suspension

booster310
10-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Aem cold air intake(Myself)
Upper and lower intercooler pipes(Myself)
Agency power intercooler(Myself)
Ultimate racing o2 housing/downpipe combo along with rre 3 inch test pipe and stealth sideways exhaust(Myself and Danny-GrearGrinder)
Kelford 272 Cams and Springs(EDO performance)
Walbro Fuel Pump(EDO performance)
Getting tuned by RRE on Wednesday
And if anyone needs help wrenching i can help out for free, not bashing on the OP but i do it for fun and to learn it even better, thanks.

qazqaz
01-09-2010, 10:46 AM
I swapped out the stock headlights for OEM projectors and I put in Seibon carbon hood scoops. I'm thinking about selling the scoops and going back to stock.

EvoX4Sho
02-11-2010, 02:50 AM
well it seems like the thread is back on track... hahahaha funnnny shitt for sure!

right now...

AEM intake
AMS straight pipe
AMS catback exhaust

all installed by me.. i will be installing a DP soon and tune

Malicust
02-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Everything in my signature was self installed except im having James do my tbe w/ 02 dp cause i heard it was a bitch to do (the o2 dp) and ive never done that install before so i dont know where to start.

wariq
02-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Glad to see this thread came back to its Original topic.. :)

AEM CAI - Myself
Greddy Catback - Myself
AMS Intercooler - Myself
AMS Upper Pipe - Myself
AMS 02/Downpipe - Tried to Install it myself and gave up.. Got to the Last bost (those of you who have done it know what im talking about) and couldnt get it off, put it back together and took it to RRE
AMS Highflow cat - RRE while installing Downpipe
Tuned - RRE, thanks MIKE!!

I'm done modding until i pay off my car... almost there...