PDA

View Full Version : WORKS drop in + stealth muffler

djplay
01-06-2009, 12:02 AM
So I recently got the WORKS drop in air filter and stealth muffler installed on my GSR. I definately can feel the acceleration coming on sooner and much easier than before. The reason why I got the two is because I wanted to keep my car as stock looking as possible and my wallet as fat as possible. I'll try to get some dyno charts from EDO Performance asap. I'll be getting tuned next week.

Butt dyno FTW!

Kisada
01-06-2009, 01:50 AM
sounds like you should get tuned then ... you can't "see" a tune and its best bang for buck

looking forward to your dynos

evopaul
01-06-2009, 02:11 AM
ix or x ?

Kisada
01-06-2009, 09:29 AM
ix or x ?

huh? ... this was posted in the Evo X Tech forum ... so I would assume he's talking about a X lol

Miss Evo IX
01-06-2009, 01:03 PM
^ LOL.

dj... how's that stealth. No complaints? comments? I am trying to see if that is a better option for me.

djplay
01-06-2009, 07:58 PM
The stealth is fine for those of us who hate fix it tickets and want more power :)

homwerk
01-07-2009, 02:55 PM
These mods along with a tune sound like a good option for those who want a nice kick in the pants without getting hassled by the cops. This would probably be right up my friends alley. He owns a X MR and is looking for a bit of stealthy punch.

AaronI1
01-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Im running the RRE sideways stealth and works drop in. I went the same route in going stealth. thats why when i got my X early last year, i had Mike W. custom make me this exhaust. I love it even though I got a modified exhaust ticket 2 weeks ago. I think its quiet and stealthy, just not to West Covina pigs.

djplay
01-07-2009, 11:12 PM
what do you use to clean your filter aaron?

AaronI1
01-07-2009, 11:24 PM
The Works cleaner/oil. I was running the works dropin on my IX. I had some Works cleaner/oil left over from that.

strat10
01-08-2009, 10:40 AM
I love it even though I got a modified exhaust ticket 2 weeks ago.

Hey Aaron,

I was going to pull the trigger on a strealth exhaust and saw your post. Did you get pulled over because of the sound, or did you get pulled over for another reason and they noticed your "stealth" exhaust?

thanks

AaronI1
01-08-2009, 07:53 PM
I love it even though I got a modified exhaust ticket 2 weeks ago.

Hey Aaron,

I was going to pull the trigger on a strealth exhaust and saw your post. Did you get pulled over because of the sound, or did you get pulled over for another reason and they noticed your "stealth" exhaust?

thanks

Naw, I got popped for the exhaust note. Im running the stealth exhaust with a hfc. To me, my car is pretty quiet compared to other evo's.

djplay
01-08-2009, 08:27 PM
My exhaust has rust on it! im gonna bring it to EDO tomorrow and see what they say about it. WORKS is going to tune me tomorrow too. Hopefully I'll have some pretty dyno charts to post :smiley6600:

EvoSwaggA
01-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Im running the RRE sideways stealth and works drop in. I went the same route in going stealth. thats why when i got my X early last year, i had Mike W. custom make me this exhaust. I love it even though I got a modified exhaust ticket 2 weeks ago. I think its quiet and stealthy, just not to West Covina pigs.

can you PM me what you paid for the exhaust? thanks in advance

AaronI1
01-09-2009, 11:58 AM
pmed SwaggA