PDA

View Full Version : need a new clutch

vr4soldier
01-07-2009, 12:32 AM
mine is slipping so time for a new one.heres my question.. im bone stock right now but plan on upgrading about a year from now (plan on 400-500hp) will gettin/installing a clutch that can handle that much power right now be a good idea?

Mike W
01-07-2009, 01:03 AM
It will be a lot of wear and tear on your left leg for nothing if you get a stiff clutch now.

If you will be really making 450ish hp regularly (requires some additional octane/alchohol injection/E-85) then you will be going through clutches every 8-12 months anyways. Might as well get used to changing them often now ;-)

Launching is what kills clutches. If you are a launching fool then get the biggee clutch now. If you can keep from launching then you could get away with a lesser clutch.

Mike W

vr4soldier
01-07-2009, 01:15 AM
It will be a lot of wear and tear on your left leg for nothing if you get a stiff clutch now.

If you will be really making 450ish hp regularly (requires some additional octane/alchohol injection/E-85) then you will be going through clutches every 8-12 months anyways. Might as well get used to changing them often now ;-)

Launching is what kills clutches. If you are a launching fool then get the biggee clutch now. If you can keep from launching then you could get away with a lesser clutch.

Mike W

cool thanx, thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure