PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with SPRINT Wireless!!

GreaseFRT
01-19-2009, 11:17 AM
I spend a lot of time in the desert where AT&T only seems to work. I have been a long time Sprint user - now they want to charge me $200 per phone to diconnect per phone (i have 2). Anyone have any luck getting out of this contract? Or do I just have to smale and take it?

Sam Smash
01-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Phone company cannot charge you the cancellation fee if you move to an area that they do not serve. Grab a map from Sprint, and pick an address that they do not cover, call them up say you just bought a house there an though you would love to stay with them they do not provide service. They have to waive the cancellation fee. SMASH secret hehehehe I might know a few peeps down there, company policy.

GreaseFRT
01-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks Sam!

phillies23
01-21-2009, 02:20 AM
uhh no.. sprint wont give a shit because they have no roaming charge so they'll be sure to have signal every where you go... *even though sometimes signals do fail*

if your going to be traveling alot even over seas.. i'd recomend either T-mobile/AT&T

Sprint/Verizon are only focused on major cities IN the U.S

your best bet to either wait until your contract is over... or you will be charged your cancellation... but you don't have to pay cancellation upfront you can make payments bro ;)

antics22
01-21-2009, 02:30 AM
try the "sam" method, it may work because he is right. However, your mileage may vary depending on the CSR that handles your call... If they don't believe you, they may require proof of address such as an utility bill showing the address, etc.

In addition, they may also offer you a Sprint "Samsung" Airave, which essentially broadcasts their cell signal via wifi... in which in its case, you'd be screwed.

Don't forget that the CSR's will typically notate "everything" you mention so they can use it against you later on if you decide to call again, etc...

Read up on www.sprintusers.com for ways out of the contract. I have been on and off with Sprint for the last 8 years so I know a few things about them... lol

GreaseFRT
01-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks Everyone! It sucks because I work a SAR team out in Joshua Tree/29 Palms - ony reception I get is with AT&T. That kind of limits that communication method. Sounds like the safe thing would be to wait the 6 months.

antics22
01-26-2009, 03:58 PM
GreaseFRT,

You my friend, are in luck!

It looks like SPRINT increased their administrative fees from .75 to .99. Everytime something like this happens, you are able to break the contract without ETF (early termination fees) because SPRINT changed the terms and conditions...

You have until 1/31/2009 to do this so you've got 5 days basically.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/01/20/sprint-extends-etf-free-cancellations-through-january-31/comment-page-2/#comments

For what its worth, I just successfully cancelled one of my extra lines on my account using this method and quoting the administrative fee as reason to waive my ETF. If they ask how you were notified, mention that its in your bill!

Good luck!

GreaseFRT
01-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks for that lead - I will try that!!!

antics22
01-26-2009, 04:17 PM
no problems.. Good luck. They may try to weasel out of it, but it worked for me. Simply be courteous and nice about it and say... i noticed on my last bill that the administrative fees have increased. I would like to cancel my contract with teh etf waved please....