PDA

View Full Version : Autronic Antilag Tuning

Charlie@MFQ
01-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Depending on how the ALS is set up, it is more or less wear.Â* One setup can be used daily on track days without taking down the life of the turbo by much, and not hurting the engine a bit. While another ALS setup can be as hurtful as the engine will break down after a few seconds on the ALS without letting things cool down in between.

ALS should not be enabled without having an ALS ignition table properly set up first and monitor the EGT and coolant temp.Â* Ours Time Attack evo, we set the Antilag to disengage once coolant reach 100 degrees or EGT get over 800celsius.

ALS is not just a feature to simply enable. It must be properly set up for that specific car it is used on.

If one is fiddling with ALS without really knowing how and what, the best odds are that the result will just be a heartbreaking sound of shattering metal, and pieces of the exhaust impeller flying out the exhaust.

The cool thing is that the antilag can be activate or deactivate with a switch.Â* ;)

And remember that it is not the bangs and pops in the exhaust that keep the turbo spinning. That is an unfortunate but rather showfull biproduct.
It is instead the added flow of exhaust gas that keeps the turbo spinning

video showing how it works at complete stop and deceleration on our race evo.Â* Most people confuse Antilag with Launch control aka 2-step.Â* But we can go into that detail laterÂ* ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bMqeDnDInc

gsrIXevo
01-19-2009, 03:45 PM
dude.. its not everyday a grown man can live out his dream of inital D... in real life.... i hope your at the shop this weekend. i'm gonna stop by on saturday if your gonna be around...

that thing sounds like heaven.....

Charlie@MFQ
01-19-2009, 03:50 PM
dude.. its not everyday a grown man can live out his dream of inital D... in real life....Â* i hope your at the shop this weekend.Â* i'm gonna stop by on saturday if your gonna be around...

that thing sounds like heaven.....

I should be there, call me first. anyway man you have to take ride in my evo.Â* We put stealth exhaust, tune 91 octane map. Also made the car look as stock as possible on the exterior.Â* Stealth exhaust choke the shit out my top end after 6000rpm and up. But it's still fking fast. it was crazy driving around, the Throttle is super sensitive with the antilag activate.

Skiracer
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Sweet sounds! Did your neighbors happen to call hearing "shots fired"?? :buck2:

Granny Shifter
01-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the info! Â*Does this differ much from the AEM? Â*By the way, did you get rid of your Voltex stuff?

aguilar45
01-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Wow! The technology these days....I've always wondered when are they gonna do those via switch enabled....

Sxhawnn
01-19-2009, 10:23 PM
dude that shit would annoy the hell out of me on a daily driver. But it did look pretty sick on initial D

FUEL
01-19-2009, 10:31 PM
sounds ricey as hell

Charlie@MFQ
01-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Sweet sounds! Did your neighbors happen to call hearing "shots fired"?? Â* :buck2:

lol. when i was going up and down the street, couple guys hear the pop and they duck. lol

Thanks for the info! Â*Does this differ much from the AEM? Â*By the way, did you get rid of your Voltex stuff?

i'm not sure if you can od it with AEM EMS. Â*All i ever seen AEM does is the launch/2-step. Â*I still have my voltex stuffs.

Wow! The technology these days....I've always wondered when are they gonna do those via switch enabled....

yes you can enable to turn it on/off with a switch like i have it setup in my evo. Â*By the way it's not new technology, Rally been using it for years.

The nice thing about this is that it will shave some time on a road course. especially for big turbo.Â* Everyone knows you want to be in boost and not off boost for too long on a road course. By having anti-lag you don't have to worry.Â* Throttle response is superrrr superrrrrr sensitive O0

aguilar45
01-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Does pretty much work only on standalone? AMS,etc.....?

Charlie@MFQ
01-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Does pretty much work only on standalone? AMS,etc.....?

not sure if AEM or any other stand alone.??? But i know all of autronic ECU work. Maybe this is why all the Rally cars run Autronic.Â* ;)

Charlie@MFQ
01-20-2009, 03:31 AM
:roll:

gsrIXevo
01-21-2009, 08:00 PM
lol.... i'll call you before i stop by. its been awhile dude. but i have to at least sit in the yellow terror.... lol

atlvalet
01-30-2009, 12:36 AM
sounds ricey as hell

I wonder what DIAF would have to say about that? Time to log in with another screen name to respond ;)

leaveit2bevo
01-30-2009, 11:22 AM
How would an anti-lag system save you time on a road course? Wouldn't rev matching and driving smoothly do the same thing? Or left foot braking? Without damaging your turbo? Why not run a stroker motor with your "larger" turbo? It would then seem that the displacement/ turbo ratio would be more appropriate.
I like to pratice my "Left Foot" brake personally....I can keeo my car spooled up and right on boost....I'm still trying to get better at it right now :)

Left foot braking while on the gas is going to cause brake fade way faster and = slower laps.

fuleinjection23
01-30-2009, 12:30 PM
How would an anti-lag system save you time on a road course? Wouldn't rev matching and driving smoothly do the same thing? Or left foot braking?Â* Without damaging your turbo? Why not run a stroker motor with your "larger" turbo? It would then seem that the displacement/ turbo ratio would be more appropriate.
I like to pratice my "Left Foot" brake personally....I can keeo my car spooled up and right on boost....I'm still trying to get better at it right now :)

Left foot braking while on the gas is going to cause brake fade way faster and = slower laps.

ALS is there so you don't left foot........Â* Â*read ....

http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html

this is old F1 technologyÂ* :-o

dp310
01-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Hahaha... all what i know is that we were shooting flames all night long this last wed.

maikumaru
01-30-2009, 01:11 PM
rally drivers left foot brake all the time with ALS....group N, WRC, etc...
Then again on the highest level they are using semi auto transimissions. Â*
Also left foot braking is a AWD driving technique...has nothing to do with ALS (primarily used for rally's)

from your own article:

The effect is vastly lower response times with some downsides:

Reduced engine brake= (sic)more wear/stress on the brakes.

Rally is all about momentum/Trim...more so than a road course (rally speeds are slower). Â*As far as I know, not to many road course cars go with ALS...depending on the course I would imagine it would not be needed.

ALS is freaking sweet...

leaveit2bevo
01-31-2009, 07:43 PM
I was talking about time attack

gabe74gt
11-12-2009, 07:28 AM
was in need of information something like this. thanks. nice sharing.
was actually concerned about AEM case

maikumaru
11-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Dynamice reminded me of this one;

Does the Autronic ECU work with the Secondary air valve and Secondary Air Sensor?

Are you using a secondary air source Charlie? Or is this mainly ignition retard?

Just curious how you have it setup.

C-Spec Tuning
11-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Dynamice reminded me of this one;

Does the Autronic ECU work with the Secondary air valve and Secondary Air Sensor?

Are you using a secondary air source Charlie? Or is this mainly ignition retard?

Just curious how you have it setup.

you can select which option you want to use inside the software.