PDA

View Full Version : Who is running EVOSCAN on VISTA NEED HELP!!

ant_evo
01-23-2009, 01:11 PM
I upgraded to a new laptop and it's running VISTA,, And I can't get EVOSCAN 2.5
to run correctly.. It start's up but it won't log anything...
So is there anyone here running on VISTA with no problems ...
Thanks,,,,

TeKiZeRo
01-23-2009, 01:44 PM
I am running EvoScan with Vista 64 no problems. I think they addressed the issue with version 2.6.

ant_evo
01-23-2009, 01:49 PM
What did you do to get it up and running,,,

I am running EvoScan with Vista 64 no problems. I think they addressed the issue with version 2.6.

silvrEVOIXn818
01-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Im running 2.5 w/ Vista w/out any issues. What exactly are you encountering?

silvrEVOIXn818
01-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Now that I think about it, it took me like 5-6 tries of installing / un-installing and re-installing. For me it was the Com port setting.

ant_evo
01-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Com port please tell!!
It will start up and run but it's not logging,,,

Now that I think about it, it took me like 5-6 tries of installing / un-installing and re-installing. For me it was the Com port setting.

silvrEVOIXn818
01-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Com port please tell!!

If it shuts down as soon as it intializes, I would guess that you have the WB checked, w/ out actually having a WB hooked up. What version of evoscan are you running? If 2.5 you can change the com port in the actual program!

ant_evo
01-23-2009, 02:07 PM
2.5...evoscan....No wideband hooked up at this time...
It doesn't shut down just won't log anything,,
start's up runs but no logging...

Com port please tell!!

If it shuts down as soon as it intializes, I would guess that you have the WB checked, w/ out actually having a WB hooked up. What version of evoscan are you running? If 2.5 you can change the com port in the actual program!

silvrEVOIXn818
01-23-2009, 02:08 PM
No wideband hooked up at this time...

Com port please tell!!

as in it logs, but showing all zeroes???

ant_evo
01-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Yup,,, zeroes... Im in my car right now uninstalling 2.5 evoscan and reinstalling it!!
What should I do this time,,, maybe I missed somin,,

No wideband hooked up at this time...

Com port please tell!!

as in it logs, but showing all zeroes???

silvrEVOIXn818
01-23-2009, 02:25 PM
when you uninstall, make sure you completely get rid of it.Â* Drivers, etcÂ* and No folders anywhere!Â* I havent encountered this problem... yetÂ* so I dont have an exact answer for youÂ* :angel:Â* My prob was a lil different.

Have you posted up on EVOM?Â* I know there are quite a few threads reguarding vista issues.Â* Unfortuneately I couldnt find an answer to THIS question (in the 5 mins. I looked)Â* If not, post up on evom, and Im sure some1 will have a definitive answer for ya.Â* Sorry I dont have an answer for ya, but 2.5 should work just fine, once this is figured out...

ant_evo
01-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Ya just did a reinstall samething all zeroes,, I whis u were local.. Im in the 626 area..
I did make a post over at EVOM,, but no help there,,
THANKS,,,,

silvrEVOIXn818
01-23-2009, 02:49 PM
I know your sitting in your car, trying to make it happen...Â* But be patient.Â* Im sure people are just busy, and havent seen the thread on evom.Â* Sometimes it takes a min. for people to even see th thread.Â*

Not saying your being impatient, but I do know how you feel!Â* O0

ant_evo
01-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I have been tryin to get this to work for the last pass 3 weeks,,
I regret selling my sony vaio with XP,,,
Here's one post I started..EVOM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflash/389835-evoscan-2-5-vista-help.html
And here is some else post..
http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflash/389610-evoscan-2-5-w-vista-woes.html

I know your sitting in your car, trying to make it happen...Â* But be patient.Â* Im sure people are just busy, and havent seen the thread on evom.Â* Sometimes it takes a min. for people to even see th thread.Â* I noticed Charlie is reading this, Im almost sure He'll have an answer for ya...

Not saying your being impatient, but I do know how you feel!Â* O0

silvrEVOIXn818
01-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Im sure you have noticed that EVOM is a lil different in that when you post up a thread, you dont have a link to updated topics, so your thread could get lost in the bunch, if you dont bump it up. "Bump for an answer"... I have posted up a few things that never got answered as well. Either no1 has encountered this particular issue, or no 1 has seen the thread. :bump:

ant_evo
01-23-2009, 03:19 PM
I have to find some in my area that can help me out with EVOSCAN and VISTA,
THANKS AGAIN.....

Im sure you have noticed that EVOM is a lil different in that when you post up a thread, you dont have a link to updated topics, so your thread could get lost in the bunch, if you dont bump it up. "Bump for an answer"... I have posted up a few things that never got answered as well. Either no1 has encountered this particular issue, or no 1 has seen the thread. :bump:

silvrEVOIXn818
01-23-2009, 04:14 PM
not a prob! O0 Sorry I couldnt have been more help...

TeKiZeRo
01-23-2009, 04:58 PM

That's what I had with mine.Â* They fixed this problem with 2.6.Â* All you need to do is install the patch and you're good.Â* There's a thread on it on EvoM and a link to the download there.

ant_evo
01-23-2009, 06:45 PM
So how do I install the patch??

That's what I had with mine.Â* They fixed this problem with 2.6.Â* All you need to do is install the patch and you're good.Â* There's a thread on it on EvoM and a link to the download there.

oldevodude
01-23-2009, 07:54 PM
The patch is not the full build so just replace the .exe with the new one. Vista works fine for me although I do notrun the 64 bit edition.

PS Did not read entire thread

ant_evo
01-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Ok there is 3 files in the rar..EvoScan.exe_TrackBar_FTChipIDNet..
Ok so the evoscan 2.6 beta.exe I copy it to
C/Program Files (x86)/evoscan/EvoScan v2.5 And copy the evoscanBeta2.6 into
that folder?? And where do I copy the other files to what folder//
(TrackBar.dll.......FTChipIDNet.dll)

The patch is not the full build so just replace the .exe with the new one. Vista works fine for me although I do notrun the 64 bit edition.

PS Did not read entire thread

TeKiZeRo
01-24-2009, 06:19 AM
You just replace the EvoScan.exe with the new one.

ant_evo
01-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Ok but what are to two other files that are in the 2.6_beta

You just replace the EvoScan.exe with the new one.

TeKiZeRo
01-24-2009, 01:05 PM
If the instructions for the patch say to replace it, then replace them too. But they might of updated it again ever since I patched mine, because I only had the executable to replace.

Sabbath71
01-25-2009, 06:29 AM
install v2.6_beta. once you've done that you need to right click the EvoScan v2.6 exe and run as administrator. PM me if you need more detailed help.

skylinefolife
01-25-2009, 07:12 AM
The first problem I see is Vista. =]
This is what I found on evom. Checccc it.

E-MAILED LIMITLESS And this is what I got,,
====================================
Hi Mate,

Evoscan v2.6 beta6 supports vista 64bit

EvoScan v2.6 beta6 software is available here
http://www.limitless.co.nz/evoscan/E...Ev2.6beta6.zip

You can go to the folder c:\program files\evoscan\ and make a copy of the "EvoScan v2.5" folder and rename it to "EvoScan v2.6 beta6" and then extract the EvoScanUPGRADEv2.6beta6.zip over the top of the new "EvoScan v2.6 beta6" folder.

Regards,
Hamish Ahern.
http://www.limitless.co.nz/EvoScan
http://www.limitless.co.nz/Cables

oldevodude
01-26-2009, 12:01 AM
The link to the beta does not work . only have the older beta I'm interested in the newer one with the other files to see if it helps logging speed. can you pm me the correct link or post it again please?

Thanks

skylinefolife
01-26-2009, 12:07 AM
YGPM

Hope that helps man. You know you can run Windows XP and Vista at the same time, right?

Gl :)