PDA

View Full Version : Cosworth Cammed EVO X mapped on 91oct. by Tuning Technologies

Alfred@TTech
01-29-2009, 11:50 AM
The owner of this EVO approached us in regards to mapping his EVO X about 3 weeks ago.Â* He had paid another vendor to reflash his car and was having several issues with the vehicle hitting limp mode and throwing several P0XXXX codes.Â* We advised to have the previous mapping removed so we could have a fresh start with his car.Â* We went over his modifications list and formulated a plan of attack for his car.Â* While we were at it a set of Cosworth cams were installed.

The following is the current list of mods on the car when we remapped it for him:

Stock turbo
Stock boost solenoids
Stock fuel pump
Stock injectors

Turboback exhaust. DP CAT CBE
AMS hotpiping, Standard Intake System and Intercooler
Cosworth Camshaft set
Tuning Technologies Custom sized boost pill and assembly
EcuTek Software and Tuning Tech remap

We are remapping all Desired Engine Load, Primary Wastegate Duty and Secondary Wastegate Duty maps to achieve these results.Â* The upgraded pill assembly works wonders but a complete remapping of the boost maps must be redone due to the new pill and the 3D TPS dependant nature of the maps. Below are the final results of the remap we performed.Â*

This was done on pure 91 0ctane at a peak of 25 psi.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/TuningTechnologies/EVOXCOSSIES.jpg

We kept a close eye on injector duty cycle since we were still utilizing the stock fuel pump and injectors. Injectors hit 90% duty at redline and the fuel map still has room to move.Â* Impressive for a stock system, especially since we usually hit that IDC range on non cammed EVO X's.

The owner has had the car back for a week now and is extremely happy with not only the performance gains but with the added driveability we afforded him.Â* The X just keeps getting better as parts and mapping prowess progress. Enjoy :mitsu:

Alfred at Tuning Technologies

antics22
01-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Aside from fixing the random codes, are there any graphs showing a baseline from the previous tune in comparison to the "after"?Â* Why is it so choppy looking up top Alfred?

Massimo Power
01-29-2009, 12:04 PM
sexy :)

Gj alfred

1/led/ft
01-29-2009, 12:27 PM
bump for TT i will always go to you guys

1WkdEvo
01-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Very nice!

evo8ur9
01-29-2009, 12:50 PM
thats very groovy

antics22
01-30-2009, 01:51 PM
alrighty.. am i the only one that is wondering why the heck the graph is so choppy from 4,200 rpm on up?

also, my question might have been missed, but aside from fixing the random codes that the owner was throwing, are there any graphs showing a baseline from the previous tune in comparison to the "after"? thanks!

Azian
01-30-2009, 02:00 PM
alrighty.. am i the only one that is wondering why the heck the graph is so choppy from 4,200 rpm on up?

also, my question might have been missed, but aside from fixing the random codes that the owner was throwing, are there any graphs showing a baseline from the previous tune in comparison to the "after"? thanks!
+1

Mister
01-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Nice torque! O0

MJCT9A
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Nicely done. It's great to see more TQ than HP on the "X"'s but why does the TQ powerband peter out after a few k's of rpm?

PUNISHER
01-30-2009, 04:44 PM
damn, i wonder what it will hit with the fuel pump and injectors.

skylinefolife
01-30-2009, 05:09 PM
That torque curve looks like Vtec engaged backwards lol

That's still good though. At least we all know that the X will make the same power as the 4g engine.

Promising

Rene@M1Autosport
01-30-2009, 05:34 PM
man... you guys kick ass... TTech FTW!!

Man I cant wait to Tune my X.... i'm in need of one..

vial8or
01-30-2009, 05:46 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/vial8or/speeding.jpg

spdracerut
01-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Nicely done. It's great to see more TQ than HP on the "X"'s but why does the TQ powerband peter out after a few k's of rpm?

Tiny turbo

1GGEvo
01-30-2009, 07:42 PM
nice wtq, but 349/364 on cams seems kinda...low?

1WkdEvo
01-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Seems pretty good to me with a stock ic, stock intake, and stock fuel delivery system

1GGEvo
01-30-2009, 07:58 PM
reason for my "lower than expected" benchmark wise, im at 345+/345+ with intake, uicp, test pipe + cbe & tune on dyno dynamics...hopefully getting a smooth graph this weekend (car was slipping/jumping on the dyno last time)

1WkdEvo
01-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Nice. Good luck on the retune

vial8or
01-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Every car is different

1GGEvo
01-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Every car is different

very true

Smogrunner
01-31-2009, 11:40 AM

The graph looks great. The graph display is one notch from its lowest smoothing factor (2). The small amount of choppiness is on that setting, on pump gas is normal. A closer look shows a lot of integrity in the overall powerband with no significant events that need to be recovered from or tuned around.

dinan3
02-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Hello everyone, this is my evo i brought to Alfred and I must say it is a total transformation indeed.Â* The torque kicks in and keeps a smooth flow through all gears, and it is putting a smile on my face every time i get on it.Â* No codes, no hiccups, no problems.Â* The idle on the cams is flawless as well thanks to TT.Â* Thanks again Alfred and the whole crew at TT.Â* P.S. and i spent four hundred dollars less than the previous bunk tune I got from the other guys too. O0Â* Not saying any names because i don't roll like that.