PDA

View Full Version : Question for HKS Legamax Exhaust owners???

neveronlineten
02-02-2009, 10:01 PM
I recently put an HKS Legamax Exhaust and mid-pipe on my X and am not using the diffuser protector pieces (mostly because I dont want to draw further attention to the fact that it is not stock and I am not that crazy about the look with them either).

For any members running the set up this way is there any melting of damage to your diffuser? It does sit closer to the diffuser, but I dont know if its close enough to cause any damage? Please dont post what you think will happen I am looking for feedback from owners of the exhaust that drive long distances/track driving/ other hard driving situations.

Thank you for your help O0

strat10
02-02-2009, 10:38 PM
i think the diffuser guards look great. I have seen them in Chrome and Carbon fiber

S2myEVO
02-02-2009, 10:51 PM
obviously i think they wouldnt give you diffuser protectors if the exhaust didnt burn the diffuser?

neveronlineten
02-03-2009, 09:22 AM
HKS does not supply them with the exhaust? Not to mention there are a ton of manufactures making things that only look functional and don't really do anything ;)

My question is are they necessary to prevent damage to the diffuser? Can I get away without using them without any ill effects to the difuser?

evoRS05
02-03-2009, 09:37 AM
I run it on my car. I never had any problems with it melting the bumper, w/wo a tespipe, and running long distance. You should be ok without the shield on.

neveronlineten
02-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Sweet :)

Thanks for the feedback!